Cubanboy

Happy Friday - Which of the five are you playing.....?

Still primarily Empire and Extended, since how else could I play v1s? Going to play all five and both formats though. Looking forward to giving Commander Glitterstim and El Presidente a go in a week or two.

Also, really looking forward to playing Republic, as Aethersprites are basically super-v1s.

I’m still waiting for my official 2.0 launch. Resistance main here.

I almost went first order. I still have a bunch of their stuff. I might eventually get a conversion kit if I can’t sell it or sucker a friend to join our small group and make him go first order. We’ll see. 

But I’m looking forward to finally flying 2.0 soon and Poe. 

Happy Friday

I’ll be flying Scum the most, with some Empire and Rebels on the side. Really looking forward to getting my First Order back on the table.

I have zero intention of buying into clone wars (would have considered it before I had 4 factions of stuff right now). I have no desire to fly the Resistance although I see they got a ton of good options.

Honestly, aside from net new ships for a specific faction like the mining guild tie, i am unlikely to buy much else. I’ll probably buy conversions for epic 2.0 3 years from now when they get around to it, but I won’t be buying rereleases and won’t be buying new factions. Even then, I don’t think I’ll be buying “all the new stuff” for 4 factions. Got to pick and just hold on to converted stuff for me.

I won’t lie - I’m a little bitter still about how organized play is going, and I’m backing away from my all-in self. I really enjoy the game, just have no desire to play their restricted format after I invested what I did to convert all the plastic for three factions.

Happy Friday, @Cubanboy!  Thanks for your continued positivity!

I'm sticking to mostly Scum, with a dash of Rebellion and Imperial for flavor, and definitely looking forward to the challenge of making Resistance Bombers work.  Somehow.  Yikes.  I suspect that the SpaceGuppies will be fine for casual, but hot garbage in any Extended tournament.  And I have no intention of putting myself through the Hyperspace blah blah blah: Filthy Casual for life!

us 40k players laugh at "extended is too busy/complicated" comments...

I only play Extended, both because i simply DONT play any of the released imp ships, striker not counting since its not released yet, but also because no bombs = swarm meta because its really difficult to deal with a tie swarm flown by a good player w/o a way to force him to split up.

Imperials are my sole faction...until CIS show up :D

Edited by Vineheart01

13 hours ago, Cubanboy said:

Hello and Happy Friday,

This week is super exciting, what are you playing or planning on playing out of the 5 Factions that we have?

Be more then excellent to each other 🙂

I am flying Imperials, and in the process of trying to trade away my Rebel/Resistance/S&V models. I will likely get the FO conversion kit, and have been considering getting into CIS when it launches, but that is not certain.

13 hours ago, Marinealver said:

Which Format will you be playing is the better question.

Extended is the answer.

Quick Build league play is actually really fun.

The cards are not hyper optimized, so games are more about in-game decisions/ flying rather than pre-game list building decisions. I mean, you can make a crap list if you try, but most games are less likely to be won before hand.

Also, you get to use interesting combos, like Iden Versio with a proton torp is a TIE/ln that can't be one-shotted and packs a couple punches if you ignore it.

Happy Friday! 

I am really looking forward to see the seven factions on the table. So many beautiful ships and awesome stories. 

I will stick with my two favorites factions however:

Scum

& Villainy

10 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Resistance, strictly. I want to become as good as I can with each of its ships, no ifs ands or buts.

I was list building earlier with 4 t70s and HLC. 

I think Reds with Heroic might actually be more competitive, simply for the passive reroll advantage. 

Gonna slip in my ferrosphere Tallie in place an X for a nice flair. ;)

I'm compleately new to X-Wing, Currently got some Rebels because I dident know what to play so I just got a Core Set and 3 X-Wings untill I decide but right now it is leaning towards Empire or First Order as I love TIE Fighters and other TIE variants. Maybe Scum and Villainy because I love their Mining Guild TIE, It looks awesome! But more likely Empire or First Order as they will likely get more TIE variants. Kind of wanna stick to just 2.0 releases so I dont have to worry about the conversion kits..

Cubanboy you always bring a light to this girls heart each week, keep doing what you do!

I collect them all currently. I am spiritually with the Rebellion and I try to make it work but I have always had a knack for piloting the empire. As for scum, while I own all the ships I havent quite "got" how to play them correctly. I guess Im just a by the rules kind of gal (hence the proficiency with Empire). As for Resistance and FO, I've always done really well with First Order and the Resistance (I was one of the early adopters of the 4T70 list with R2 and Integrated Astro, not the best list but tanky as heck). Format wise we just play games among friends so I have no opinion otherwise.

As for the new stuff coming...im not a giant fan of The Clone Wars but I love the aesthetic and story of the Republic so I will lightly dabble in that faction. Never could get into the CIS, their motivations always seemed......bizarre and often illogical even for mustache twirling villains.

Edited by generalchaos34

I wasn't going to buy FO but I'm in now. don't know if I will go any further with them depending on future releases. I have no plans to expand my scum fleet. Empire I will dabble in from time to time.

Resistance will be my primary until further notice. Empire secondary (until Rebel point re-balance), then Rebels. I'm only buying FO for one list... as sad as that sounds. 

16 minutes ago, generalchaos34 said:

Never could get into the CIS, their motivations always seemed......bizarre and often illogical even for mustache twirling villains.

In Legends at least (might still be canon) Grevous was out for revenge against the Republic for them backing the Houk who were enslaving the Kaleesh when the Kaleesh began resisting enslavement violently (his mate died during the uprising). The Trade Federation and other corporate groups were involved CIS side trying to put a stop to a stack of hefty tariffs and export fees that were bleeding their organizations dry and peaceful diplomatic attempts had failed, thanks to Palp/Sidious. Dooku was the front man for Palp's manipulations CIS side till Palp saw his carefully molded tool (Anakin) had reached the level of capability Palp desired to trigger his endgame and then was removed, though he did try to undermine the endgame slightly to put himself in a potent position (normal Sith powerplay stuff). Not touching Trench, I don't know much about him other than he was the neigh unkillable, moustache twirling, egomaniacal pulp villain from early in the CW cartoon's timeline, so I really don't know his motivations.

Edited by Hiemfire

2 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

In Legends at least (might still be canon) Grevous was out for revenge against the Republic for them backing the Houk who were enslaving the Kaleesh when the Kaleesh began resisting enslavement violently (his mate died during the uprising). The Trade Federation and other corporate groups were involved CIS side trying to put a stop to a stack of hefty tariffs and export fees that were bleeding their organizations dry and peaceful diplomatic attempts had failed, thanks to Palp/Sidious. Dooku was the front man for Palp's manipulations CIS side till Palp saw his carefully molded tool (Anakin) had reached the level of capability Palp desired to trigger his endgame and then was removed, though he did try to undermine the endgame slightly to put himself in a potent position (normal Sith powerplay stuff). Not touching Trench, I don't know much about him other than he was the neigh unkillable, moustache twirling, egomaniacal pulp villain from early in the CW cartoon's timeline, so I really don't know his motivations.

Well that certainly makes a lot more sense. Most of the clone wars shows were like "Evil CIS guys came to pollute your planet or take its resources!" or simply blow it up. Then again, I have a feeling the clone wars show was outright Republic propaganda and the original Clone Wars cartoon was the truth =P

I'll collect 4 factions - First Order/Resistance, Rebel/Imperial. 

First Order will be my competitive play go-to. Tie/Fo's are my favorite. I think i'll be getting to know longshot pretty well. 

I'm excited to see how hyperspace format feels, and I think a rotating selection of ships will have less ships pushed to the side. though I'll be fine in either format.