Marinealver

Hyperspace Format Posted (Your favorite ship BANNED!)

So as you can see anything from the conversion kits unless it has an expansion announced is banned. Also some upgrades.<_<

Legal ships

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/79/5f/795f6f47-2659-4983-bcf2-320ac70c0eed/onlinepoints_rebelalliance-wave2.pdf

• Y-wings
  • X-wings
  • U-wings *Saw Renegades Only
  • YT-1300 (they threw the Wookkie a bone)

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/13/92/13925ada-6fec-481f-8b56-4089ed6a4c55/onlinepoints_galacticempire-wave2.pdf

• TIE Advanced
  • TIE Reaper
  • TIE Fighter (ln)
  • TIE Striker

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/d1/ef/d1effc2a-09f1-4947-831a-02d942f75c22/onlinepoints_scumandvillainy-wave2.pdf

• YT-1300 (Solo)
  • Escape Craft
  • Fang Fighter
  • Firespray
  • Modified TIE Fighter (no Z-95 even though they are in wave 3)

No B-wings, no Gunboats, no thanks!

I'll stick to extended:rolleyes:

Edited by Marinealver
added legal ships

1 hour ago, imrandy85 said:

Might as well call this format "Boba Wins"

Keep in mind that the first events with this format won't happen until after the January points cost change... So presumably boba (or at least Han gunner) will have gotten a cost bump before then.

1 hour ago, imrandy85 said:

Might as well call this format "Boba Wins"

this is kinda my problem with standard too.

Other than dumb luck its insanely hard to deal with Boba or TIE swarms in a standard format.

Formats that limit what you can bring are fine. But when the list of OK stuff is a fraction the size of not OK stuff theres an issue.

24 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

Which makes me really wonder what it does to be excluded.

"When you perform a coordinate or jam action, you may choose the ship you are locking, ignoring range restrictions. If you do, spend your lock on that ship."

Have no idea why it's banned

Barring SIGNIFICANT balance changes, it's going to be exclusively Boba v Rey

And then if Boba gets the axe, it'll prob just be Rey

And honestly, **** the format's empire stable. Nothing but green dice ugh. Wake me when the TIE bomber becomes legal 

Or the republic ARCs!!!

Generic upgrade breakdown of what is not allowed in Hyperspace Format.

Secondary weapons (Missiles, Torpedoes, and Cannons) not permitted in Hyperspace: Dorsal Turret, Adv. Proton Torpedoes, Barrage Rockets, Ion Cannon, Jamming Beam and Tractor Beam.

Crew not permitted: Gonk, Freelance Slicer and Novice Tech.

Devices not permitted: Bomblet Generator

Illicits not permitted: Cloaking Device, Contraband Cybernetics, Feedback Array

Modifications not permitted: Ablative Plating, Advanced SLAM, Electronic Baffle, Tactical Scrambler

Talents not permitted: Debris Gambit, Saturation Salvo

Yeah Hyperspace is a pretty big bummer. Each faction got one ship over their normal 2nd ed options, if that, so variety is still just not really a thing. I was hoping to see some staples added to the Rebels and the Empire like B-wings and Tie Interceptors. I guess I just don't fully grasp what the point of this format is. If it's supposed to be a cross between 2nd ed and extended, it could use at least another ship or two on each of our primary factions. As it stands it's just the 2nd ed format with Strikers and the Rebel Falcon added in. Pretty underwhelming IMO.