Sign in to follow this  
Hiemfire

Feeling happy about the Modified TIE/Lns

Looks like they're Scum's swarm ship for the Hyperspace format right now, which looks to be limited to ships that have already been re-released (Exempting Resistance and First Order, they get all of their ships).

{Ship Type]                      [Cost]                                   [Pilot Name]                  [Upgrade Bar]           [Hyperspace Legal]

Modified TIE/ln Fighter    32                                   •Foreman Proach               Talent, Mod                            Yes
Modified TIE/ln Fighter    30                                   •Ahhav                                  Talent, Mod                            Yes
Modified TIE/ln Fighter    28                                   •Captain Seevor                  Talent, Mod                            Yes
Modified TIE/ln Fighter    26                                   •Overseer Yushyn               Mod                                         Yes
Modified TIE/ln Fighter    25                                   Mining Guild Surveyor      Talent, Mod                             Yes
Modified TIE/ln Fighter    24                                   Mining Guild Sentry           Mod                                          Yes

This is going to be fun. :)

3 minutes ago, MegaSilver said:

Sucks that the generics are 24 pts. Outclass scum Zs. 

Slightly better dial. No Missile or Illicit slot (Scum Z gets taxed for the Illicit :( ), 1 less hp, no shields, same attack on primary, can zip through asteroids. I'd say it is right where it should be.

1 minute ago, Hiemfire said:

Slightly better dial. No Missile or Illicit slot (Scum Z gets taxed for the Illicit :( ), 1 less hp, no shields, same attack on primary, can zip through asteroids. I'd say it is right where it should be.

The ability to fly over rocks with no repercussions outweighs that though. It sucks as a Z95 fan. Z95s can't even get as many pilots.  FFG just sees them as missile carriers. 

5 minutes ago, DakkaDakka12 said:

Now if only we can get the light scyk title when it re-releases then scum will undoubtedly have the best swarm potential because of all the variety 

**** Title. Make it a stinking non-limited Config. Other than that I'm game.

38 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

**** Title. Make it a stinking non-limited Config. Other than that I'm game.

Why config rather than title? I thought configs were for double sided cards as they can swap servomotor open or closed.

2 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Configs are for ship-related upgrades that either are too wordy for the pilot card, has options, or like you said has dualsides.

Gunboats have config and its not dualsided.

@DakkaDakka12 ^ this ^ :)

Titles are now specific named ships, which they should have been in the first place honestly. :)

2 minutes ago, Jo Jo said:

Mining Ties are all fun and dandy until some brings a Trajectory Simulator and Seismic Charges. Hopefully that combo gets a generous points increase.

Honestly if that combo's cost increases the MGT will need a slight points cost increase as well.

Just now, Jo Jo said:

Mining Ties are all fun and dandy until some brings a Trajectory Simulator and Seismic Charges. Hopefully that combo gets a generous points increase.

I don't feel the mining TIE has as much to worry about from this tactic as they shouldn't really be grouped together. The Seismics will have more targets for sure, but they probably won't catch more than one ship at a time. There's no Howlrunner or Iden Versio forcing them to group together.

1 hour ago, BrotherFett said:

Too bad there is no illicit slot. : (

Illicit could be fun but I'm not going to miss it on this ship. Scyk doesn't have one either. In fact the only ship with a speed 5 that does is the Lancer, though that has 2.

Edited by Hiemfire

Scum Z's should be a point cheaper each. They are priced up for having an illicit slot that often isn't used and when it is, is at least 2 points, so scum Z's pay 3 points for baffle or deadmans switch. Or 1 point for nothing.

If priced at 23, the Z's would be a point cheaper vs the MG Ties and might be considered.

Alternatively scum Z's could get a configuration that reduces the cost of illicit upgrades by 1-2 points so they can use the illicit slot much more readily which helps differentiate them from rebels Z's

I'm trying to work out a hyperspace list with Han and maybe one/some TIEs. Trouble is, Han prefers debris fields for the falcon title (and the debris fields are a little wider for shooting through) while the TIEs like rocks! On balance, Han is probably happy to give up the debris for rocks - the wider shape of the debris fields is more important for his pilot ability than debris stress is for the title (other effects are much more likely to cause stress).

Both like long, thin obstacles though - it's important that the TIE doesn't end their move on a rock so you don't want them too big. The croissant or chilli pepper rocks are both a good shape for the TIEs.

Seevor and swarm tactics on Boba/Han/Fenn sounds tasty to me, although keeping close to Han and Fenn could prove a challenge.

7 hours ago, BrotherFett said:

Too bad there is no illicit slot. : (

Would make the Z95 obsolete. Not all the goodies should be on one ship!

There is a rason why Scyks neither have an Illicit.

All the Scum fighters have different niches and roles (MgTie, M3A, Z95 / Fang, Y, Kihraxz / M12, G1A, IG88).

7 minutes ago, Managarmr said:

Would make the Z95 obsolete. Not all the goodies should be on one ship!

There is a rason why Scyks neither have an Illicit.

All the Scum fighters have different niches and roles (MgTie, M3A, Z95 / Fang, Y, Kihraxz / M12, G1A, IG88).

Z would not be obsolete, its our cheapest missile platform and it has 2 shields which is pretty rare for scum small ships.