Jump to content
thespaceinvader

Points are up

Recommended Posts

Eh, I don't see bomber as a gunship (and not just because it's literally called a bomber)

First, the giant coverage is nice but the vast majority is a barely modified two die primary. Howd exactly that work out for the barrage k?

Second, that dial is a ****** dumpster fire with no native repositioning

Third, the yt1300 exists and is almost certainly a vastly superior gun platform (because that's kind of its job)

Now problemo with the bomber being a bomber is...well Redline is far cheaper and does far more damage

HOWEVER, the big boy bomber distinguishes itself not by upgrade slots but by access to certain upgrades...mainly c3po

Basically, youve got a unique bomber/shuttle that is EXCEPTIONALLY good at coordinating because a.) C3po gives you action efficiency and b.) Bombs don't need no mods

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2018 at 12:20 PM, Cgriffith said:

Oh it's so glorious..

Months ago when the resistance conversion kit article posted the article said the kits cones with three dials fir the yt-1300. So I went out and bought at third falcon. Then the points come out and the cheapest pilot for the falcon is 68 points, meaning 3 of them will cost 204 points. I’m pretty pussedabout this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pooleman said:

Months ago when the resistance conversion kit article posted the article said the kits cones with three dials fir the yt-1300. So I went out and bought at third falcon. Then the points come out and the cheapest pilot for the falcon is 68 points, meaning 3 of them will cost 204 points. I’m pretty pussedabout this. 

If you instantly bought a new Falcon at the mere insinuation of the possibility that you might be able to field 3 of them at some point in the future it is not so much that FFG tricked you, and more that you might have a problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Duskwalker said:

If you instantly bought a new Falcon at the mere insinuation of the possibility that you might be able to field 3 of them at some point in the future it is not so much that FFG tricked you, and more that you might have a problem. 

I did the same.

Luckily the Scum falcons are cheap enough to field three, but so uncompetitive 😛

#X-Wing Addiction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Scum4Life said:

I did the same.

Luckily the Scum falcons are cheap enough to field three, but so uncompetitive 😛

#X-Wing Addiction

Nothing wrong with scum yt. It's a hilariously cheap blocker and Han is gud

Problemo is GUNNER Han is way too cheap. Once he's inveitably gutted with the next rebalance, we can break out pilot Han again. He's a pretty incredible hotshot platform that occasionally tosses five dice; prob great for hyperspace

New Squadron

(54) Han Solo
(7) Hotshot Gunner
(2) Qi'ra
Points 63

(68) Fenn Rau
(3) Fearless
Points 71

(56) Old Teroch
(3) Fearless
Points 59

Total points: 193

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Duskwalker said:

If you instantly bought a new Falcon at the mere insinuation of the possibility that you might be able to field 3 of them at some point in the future it is not so much that FFG tricked you, and more that you might have a problem. 

It wasn’t insinuation. FFG said in the article that the conversion kit comes with 3 YT-1300 dials. 

Edited by Pooleman
Clarity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

It wasn’t insinuation. FFG said in the article that the conversion kit comes with 2 YT-1300 dials. 

?

It said two, not three

Unless it was edited, but I'd suspect more typo than manipulation. Empire kit content list (just text pasted on the faq, NOT the box itself) had shown three VT-49s and was corrected long before release 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

?

It said two, not three

Unless it was edited, but I'd suspect more typo than manipulation. Empire kit content list (just text pasted on the faq, NOT the box itself) had shown three VT-49s and was corrected long before release 

It says three. I’m sorry. I’m trying to post a screenshot of the article. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

?

It said two, not three

Unless it was edited, but I'd suspect more typo than manipulation. Empire kit content list (just text pasted on the faq, NOT the box itself) had shown three VT-49s and was corrected long before release 

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/products/resistance-conversion-kit/

 

Read the link, last paragraph. It’s right there. And unlike the Decimator (which was corrected after a few days) this has been up for weeks and weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2018 at 4:04 AM, Duskwalker said:

If you instantly bought a new Falcon at the mere insinuation of the possibility that you might be able to field 3 of them at some point in the future it is not so much that FFG tricked you, and more that you might have a problem. 

v3I5kbK.jpg

also, here is the content sheet showing THREE resistance sympathizer pilot cards. BAM!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

I’m not sure what you mean. 

Epic will be re-released. Three Resistance Sympathizers doesn't fit in the 200pt game formats. So the possibility of them taking Epic's re-release in-to account is a possibility. Or it could be that they had planned on 3 being able to fit w/n 200 pts when they finalized the box contents and set up the order then later changed their minds on the points costing for some reason or another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Epic will be re-released. Three Resistance Sympathizers doesn't fit in the 200pt game formats. So the possibility of them taking Epic's re-release in-to account is a possibility. Or it could be that they had planned on 3 being able to fit w/n 200 pts when they finalized the box contents and set up the order then later changed their minds on the points costing for some reason or another.

That would be my guess.  Word from Alex at Euros was that 3 IG2000s would be possible in Scum, and that didn't pan out.  Things change.  If you bought somethign you can't use to use with something you can't even buy yet, and were not sensible enough not to open it, so it could be returned, IDK what to tell you fren

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

That would be my guess.  Word from Alex at Euros was that 3 IG2000s would be possible in Scum, and that didn't pan out.  Things change.  If you bought somethign you can't use to use with something you can't even buy yet, and were not sensible enough not to open it, so it could be returned, IDK what to tell you fren

But did the scum conversion kit come with 3 IG2000 dials. Because it looks like the Resistance conversion kit is coming with 3 ship dials. I’m praying that they drop the cost of at least the resistance sympathizer pilot costs by 2 points so we can squeeze in three of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as the point value for the YT-1300 (and a lot of currently unreleased large based ships), I think they're purposely over costed to dissuade veteran players who converted to shy away from them and stick with currently released small/medium based ships to keep things balanced for newer players. Those ships will be cost adjusted when they get  released again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2018 at 7:00 PM, Pooleman said:

Months ago when the resistance conversion kit article posted the article said the kits cones with three dials fir the yt-1300. So I went out and bought at third falcon. Then the points come out and the cheapest pilot for the falcon is 68 points, meaning 3 of them will cost 204 points. I’m pretty pussedabout this. 

I now have 5 TIE/SFs for the same reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, saturnflight said:

I bet there are three Sympathizers to allow any combination of the 3 unique pilots via printing Sympathizers on the back of each ship plate.

Unlikely as there are also three dials. Looks like Afterburner in the Fang blister situation, box content was approved but before the release the ship got rebalanced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eMeM said:

Unlikely as there are also three dials. Looks like Afterburner in the Fang blister situation, box content was approved but before the release the ship got rebalanced.

Which is GOOD as if it turns out the Resistance Bomber is too weak they can reduce the points, and if there are room for 3 then, you have the dials and cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, saturnflight said:

I bet there are three Sympathizers to allow any combination of the 3 unique pilots via printing Sympathizers on the back of each ship plate.

That is a little unorthodox given the history of many 4 pilot released expansions. Many 4 pilot large ship expansions followed the rule 1 non-unique and 3 unique but only 2 tiles with the lowest pilot skill on the opposite side of the 2nd highest for one tile and the other tile has the highest pilot skill with the 2nd lowest on the other side. However this is a conversion kit and not an expansion. So this allows for Rey Han or Rey Chewbacca parings without needing a 2nd conversion kit.

I guess the real question is how many YT-1300 dials does the kit come with. If it is 2 then that is the intended result to have flexibility of unique pilot options. If there are 3 dials for YT-1300 then maybe at one point they planed on having a 3 YT Resistance list.

Edited by Marinealver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×