Lem213

Attempt at tourney worthy list building

Hey, I just got into armada(a crap ton of stuff is arriving tomorrow), and I have made a couple list I want people to check out, and let me know what they think about them. I have a couple core set games under my belt, and I play a lot of other mini games, so I know generally what I am doing, but any advice is welcome! So, on with the first list!(I was focusing on dealing crits at close range)

http://armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/view_list.php?token=197006&key=ef259e147497d6046c2dddd3d393c93f

Rapid reload is too expensive for what it gets you.  You’re better off putting Your External Racks as you’ll probably only get one or two close range shots off with the MC30s anyways.

You can use the points saved to put the titles on the MC30’s.  Admonition is one of the best titles in the game, and Foresight is not far behind.  They will increase their survivability by 100%.

Advanced projectors are a mixed call.  They’re great when they work, but suffer vs Xi-7’s, which Mc30’s are weak to anyways.  So that will be matchup dependent.

I’d also try to get more activations in - maybe swap out Raymus for Strategic Advisor, and with points saved from the AP’s you can almost fit in a flotilla.  It’s worth dropping an X-wing to do that (it’s better to have even squadron numbers anyways).

Finally I do love Dodonna + XX-9’s, as they are a cheap way to bypass contain tokens.  Consider upgrading your MC75 to an Armored cruiser, and slap XX-9’s on it as well.

1 hour ago, Maturin said:

Rapid reload is too expensive for what it gets you.  You’re better off putting Your External Racks as you’ll probably only get one or two close range shots off with the MC30s anyways.

You can use the points saved to put the titles on the MC30’s.  Admonition is one of the best titles in the game, and Foresight is not far behind.  They will increase their survivability by 100%.

Advanced projectors are a mixed call.  They’re great when they work, but suffer vs Xi-7’s, which Mc30’s are weak to anyways.  So that will be matchup dependent.

I’d also try to get more activations in - maybe swap out Raymus for Strategic Advisor, and with points saved from the AP’s you can almost fit in a flotilla.  It’s worth dropping an X-wing to do that (it’s better to have even squadron numbers anyways).

Finally I do love Dodonna + XX-9’s, as they are a cheap way to bypass contain tokens.  Consider upgrading your MC75 to an Armored cruiser, and slap XX-9’s on it as well.

played around a bit, took out the x wings and added a corvett, and I changed some of the upgrades.

http://armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/fleet_builder.php?edit=true&listId=197006

More feedback:

Overload Pulse is widely seen as an overcosted upgrade...difficult to get the timing right and the target can still use the Defense tokens before they’re exhausted (due to the timing of the crit effect).  Might I suggest Heavy Ion Emplacements instead?

And a little general advice - for your first games and tourney, go light on the number of upgrades per ship.  You’ll find yourself much less likely to forget about upgrade effects, and will have much more mental space to think about maneuvers and tactics instead.

Personally, I would replace Redundant Shields on the 75 with Electronic Countermeasures. Regenerating one shield for free seems pretty nice, but it doesn't help if you're dead. A Kuat ISD with External Racks or another MC75 with External Racks getting a single Accuracy and locking your Brace is going to hurt. A lot. Being able to guarantee your Brace when that big hit does come will likely serve you better in most games.

Hi, welcome to the game!  For the Imp list:  

You’re highly unlikely to want a concentrate fire command on a carrier; those squads need pushing, and when they don’t, navs are king.  Ergo, Tactical Expert can go.  Rapid Launch Bays have a narrow set of jobs: use with Raddus and delivering slow squads where they need to be.  The VSD is slower than your fighters; using RLB will make them join the fight later and in a predictable location rather than pressing a squad advantage early to start bombing.  Enhanced Armament is expensive, and doesn’t boost the arc you want on target.  Other turbolasers like Quad Battery Turrets will do more if you have them.

Now for Sloane.  She’s a little picky.  She wants squadrons that generate accuracies because that’s the extent of her ability.  She doesn’t want ships that generate accuracies because she wants those tokens gone forever, because if you block a spent token just so they can refresh it next round, the fighter that spent it wasted a shot.  The VSD-2 is one of those accuracy generating ships.  Generally she’s flown with a Quasar and an ISD-1, 2 or Kuat refit, though some Arquitens or Demolisher variants exist.  And she’s almost always flown with 130+ points of pure anti-squadron murder (TIE fighter, defender and interceptor aces, sometimes Phantoms.)  This is to completely annihilate enemy squads ASAP to press the advantage and begin stripping tokens.  TIE bombers just don’t benefit, and advanced aren’t terribly efficient.  For objectives, Superior Positions, Fighter Ambush and Most Wanted all capitalize on having that squad superiority.

Lastly, here’s a great blog that really helped me when I was new.

http://cannotgetyourshipout.blogspot.com/?m=1

Good luck fleet building, hope this helps!