william1134

Vader crew - Turrets

Hi all,

I have recently been trying out Vader crew on a decimator.

My question is on if vader can be used with a turret arc or if it is the front arc only?  The decimator has the bowtie turrets and a front arc for shooting torps.

Card text:

At the start of the Engagement Phase, you may choose 1 ship in your firing arc at range 0-2 and spend 1 force . If you do, that ship suffers 1  damage hit damage unless it chooses to remove 1 green token.

Vader can trigger against any ship in your firing arc. "Firing arc" means any of the shaded arcs on the ship's base plate, plus any mobile arcs and any other arcs granted by card effects (e.g. "Moldy Crow").

Vader cannot use the forward arc on a Decimator unless there is a mobile arc pointed forward, as missiles and torpedoes do not turn the forward arc into a firing arc.

On 11/29/2018 at 12:34 PM, nexttwelveexits said:

missiles and torpedoes do not turn the forward arc into a firing arc.

Are you sure ? I would consider that Missile and Torpedoes upgrades are cards that grant you a firing arc.

1 minute ago, Cartchan said:

Are you sure ? I would consider that Missile and Torpedoes upgrades are cards that grant you a firing arc.

Rules Reference p4:

Firing Arcs

A ship’s firing arcs include all shaded arcs on the ship’s ship token plus all [turret] arcs, if any.

• If an upgrade card gives a ship a [turret] arc or primary weapon with a specified arc, those arcs are also firing arcs.

Ordnance doesn't do it, only shaded arcs and turret arcs (and an added primary like Moldy Crow).