EbonHawk

[MAFIA] - A small town far far away

Welcome, 

The war waging around us brought us all to this quiet backwater world to escape it.. but it seems a few devils decided to come along and spoil the fun!

When you guys aren't farming, drinking, or smoking the Kashyyyk Lettuce you're usually sitting in a rocking chair happy in the knowledge that all the trouble is far far away and due to our Somebody Else's Problem field (or SEP) that surrounds the planet, which reminds us subconsciously when we look up each day, that the war waging around is somebody else's problem!

But it seems those devils I mentioned earlier have sabotaged it, so now you're all aware of how much it isn't somebody else's problem when you all see the battle fleets above shooting at each other, and due to how the field works in their perspective we've also just appeared in the middle of their battle... So fnd the devils that have brought this upon us, and fix that generator. I'm going to the salon to have a drink and a Kashyyyk Bowl... this is your problem!

Once you've sorted out who's who and what's what, meet me in the saloon for a drink and we'll discuss where to go from here for our first day hunting.

Sign-ups open now: until numbers are reached, hopefully 12.

Players:

1. Jabbawookie

2. LTD

3. Pod

4. Clon

5. Mad

6. Bertie

7. Gnips

8. Matt

9. Hero

10. LP

11. Ovi

12. Cal

*Somebody Else's Problem field, or SEP, is a cheap, easy, and staggeringly useful way of safely protecting something from unwanted eyes. It can run almost indefinitely on a torch (flashlight)/9 volt battery, and is able to do so because it utilises a person's natural tendency to ignore things they don't easily accept, like, for example, battle fleets above their planet. Any object around which an S.E.P. is applied will cease to be noticed, because any problems one may have understanding it (and therefore accepting its existence) become Somebody Else's Problem.

The Setup:

Mafia - Goon

Mafia - Roleblocker

Mafia - Traitor (Joins  Scum after death, will appear lynchproof  for essence of solve)

Town - Jailkeeper

Town - Doc

Town - Universal Backup JailK/Doc (unaware of role)

Town - Lynchproof (unaware till lynched) (Double vote after lynch)

Town - Vanilla 

Town - Vanilla 

Town - 1x Lie Detector 

Town - Fruit Vendor

3rd Party Arsonist

The Rules of the Roles:

• (Jailer speaks to his target in the night, it's at the jailers discretion to reveal their own identity.) The Jailers chat is a new doc each night to stop spying. If the jailer kills a town with his role he loses his abilities which fall to the universal backup (UB). The UB cannot join the scum faction. 
  • The Jailkeeper sends a PM during the day for who to jail, so they will have a jailed person N1.
  • Scum Traitor shows town until killed by scum at night or lycnhed, then he will join them. 
  • Lynchproofs double vote will be invisible, as in you have to take their word for it, after their lynch they will be told and their single vote will count as two. SO BE CAREFUL.
  • Fruit Vendor is to make sure you all have your five a day.
  • Arsonist Primes or Ignites in night only, they may activate in the day time ONLY if all other players alive have been primed.

(Scum have daychat)

All roles are RNG.

Thoughts on setup welcome pre-game.

No Self Voting. No voting Ebon Hawk this game or future ones. ;)

Edited by EbonHawk

6 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

So wait, you're saying that if we sign up for this game we are banned from voting for you in any future games? I'm not sure I'm willing to agree to that... :lol: 

I'm taking this as in ;) 

Gentlemen, upon some talks with Gink I'm making a small change to the line up.

At best bet for the bad guys D3, scum kill 2, arsonist primes and kills, 4 town, 3 scum, 1 3P.

So I'm making one of the Goons a Traitor, the traitor will be informed who scum are, scum will not know them. If night killed they will join the scum faction, if lynched they will flip town and join scum. They will not be in daychat until recruited.

The Arsonist will now be prime/ignite in the night only. (and role dependent on a full setup)

The last change is a choice now for you guys:

Would you like a Vanilla Town to:

1. Stay VT

2. Become a lycnhproof which gains a double vote after death

3. Become a tracker

Edited by EbonHawk

9 minutes ago, EbonHawk said:

The last change is a choice now for you guys:

Would you like a Vanilla Town to:

1. Stay VT

2. Become a lycnhproof which gains a double vote after death

3. Become a tracker

Going by the mafia wiki, it is unwise to have in a game both a tracker and a jailer, but without a tracker or watcher, what is the point of a fruit vendor? I think, given the overall lack of investigative roles available to town in the setup (since the Lie Detector is essentially only a one-shot cop), one of the latter two roles would be preferable to the VT. If you want to keep town in the dark, the lynchproof seems better. Otherwise I would go with the tracker.

1 hour ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

what is the point of a fruit vendor?

Now that is a question everyone should ask? for now I leave you with another twisted hitchhikers guide quote (this is a theme)

"So long and thanks for all the fruit"

1 hour ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

If you want to keep town in the dark, the lynchproof seems better. Otherwise I would go with the tracker.

Lets go with the lynchproof, rules updated now.

Lid detector is one shot as well, as the Jailer can talk to his target in the night and it's on them to ascertain if scum. The jailer can kill the target providing me a reason, but if they're town they lose the power to the UB.

Edited by EbonHawk