Animewarsdude

Putting a Face to the Name: Pilots (Update: Resistance Transport)

Anyone else hear ”The great destroyer has arrived! The end is near!” on loop when reading about the “Great destroyer of droids?”

EDIT: Also, this thread is better marketing than anything FFG has pushed for 2e. Context for who a pilot is makes me much note likely to want to run them.

Edited by Church14

Joy Rekkoff, he/she seems to be a character made up by FFG with no information about them.

My mind swears that this is supposed to be a sideways nod to Roy Fokker from Robotech, gender swapped (I think). For one thing... Rekkoff's subtitle is "Skull Squadron Ace" - that's what Roy was in Robotech, well, technically he was also Skull Leader, but he was the SDF-1s Ace Pilot in Skull Squadron before his (stupid) death.

240815.jpg

Another small detail - as weird as it is, in Star Wars Battlefront II you overhear some fighter conversations during the Battle of Jakku. Temmin Wexley is there.

To quote from wookiepedia " After the New Republic's Galactic Senate voted to intervene on Jakku, the New Republic dispatched military forces to the planet. Several New Republic figures including Admiral Ackbar, Commodore Kyrsta Agate, Captain Wedge Antilles, Temmin Wexley, and Jom Barell would see action in the cataclysmic Battle of Jakku.[12] The battle would take place one year and four days after the Battle of Endor."

Edited by KryatDragon

13 hours ago, Animewarsdude said:

Ello Asty, he was a pilot who reckless and didn't often work well in a team. He, along with a few other pilots on this list, were members of the New Republic's Precision Air Team which performed air shows, bored and learning of a greater cause to fight for from Joph Seastriker he joined the Resistance at its infancy.  He was shot down during the Assault on Starkiller Base. 

latest?cb=20171206233947

Died on Starkiller base?  He was all over TLJ and is even clearly in the end scene on the falcon.

14 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

Died on Starkiller base?  He was all over TLJ and is even clearly in the end scene on the falcon.

Speciesist, much?!  Do all abednedo people look the same to you?!?!?

That's clearly C'ai Threnalli, another abednedo.  🤣

But seriously, yea the TLJ staff just reused the suit/props for Ello, though Ello very very clearly dies at Starkiller when his T70 explodes and he screams and his wreckage shrapnels about.

Edited by AllWingsStandyingBy

1 hour ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

But seriously, yea the TLJ staff just reused the suit/props for Ello, though Ello very very clearly dies at Starkiller when his T70 explodes and he screams and his wreckage shrapnels about.

To add to that, I believe one of the reasons they reused all the Ello Asty stuff in TLJ was because they'd already reused them at the end of TFA.

When Rey leaves D'Qar, and the Resistance all comes out to wave her off, you can see Ello Asty in the crowd. Even though he very obviously died, like, two scenes earlier. 

I think C'ai Threnalli was actually 'created' before TLJ came out to explain this. 

1 hour ago, MasterShake2 said:

Nope, that was another dude of the same specie. I don’t remember his name though

Answered above by Allwingsstandingby, I should have refreshed the page before 🤣

Edited by RoockieBoy

Since Dalan Oberos was requested I figured I'd go ahead and do the medium based ships. For future entries should I designate if a character is legends or in the new canon?

Rebels

Miranda Doni, she is from the Black Fleet Crisis series, she enjoyed the thought of flying K-Wings as heavy hitters but was killed alongside other pilots when they broke off from a bombing run when their target broadcasted the pleas and cries from the prisoners being held on board by the Dushkan League.  LEGENDS

default cardImage result for Miranda Doni

Esege Tuketu, he was from the Black Fleet Crisis series, he died during the conflict, sacrificing himself to destroy an enemy shipyard. He has no image of him, but was a long armed humanoid alien. LEGENDS

default card

Norra Wexely and Garven Dreis were covered before so I'll skip doing them again. 

default carddefault card

Shara Bey, she was first featured in the Shattered Empire comic series, she flew at Endor in an A-Wing and her husband Kes Dameron was a pathfinder that fought alongside the commandos that took out the shield bunker. She helped Leia liberate Naboo and defeat Operation Cinder. She retired not long after to Yavin IV with her husband and the son they had during the war, Poe Dameron. She died a few years later, likely due to disease, but inspired Poe to become a pilot.

default card350?cb=20180131043216

Ibtisam, she was created for the X-Wing series of book and comics. She flew at the battle of Endor in a B-Wing but was shot down and survived, hence her title, later joining Rogue Squadron under Wedge Antilles. She was in a relationship with a Quarren, despite their species normally treating the other as an adversary, who was a fellow pilot of Rogue Squadron but she ended up getting shot down during a mission. LEGENDS

default card350?cb=20150619043828

Imperials

Redline, he is from the Force Unleased novel adaption where he was a psychopathic man who flew under Juno Eclipse and later took up the role of the commander of Black Eight squadron when she was transferred to be Starkiller's pilot. He doesn't have a character image. LEGENDS

default card

Deathrain is a pilot that FFG came up with so there isn't anything out there for him/her. 

default card

Scum

Zuckuss, he was one of the bounty hunters from ESB, and was a Gand who practiced their traditional findsman working as a tracker until the traditions began to die out at which point he became a bounty hunter, often working with 4-Lom. While on his ship he filled it with gases from his homeworld to remind himself of it. 

default card500?cb=20150114233850

4-Lom, one of the bounty hunters from ESB, he was originally a protocal droid on a luxury liner that was targeted by the Droid Gotra which caused logic glitches and software corruptions which caused him to become a thief and end up working as a bounty hunter alongside Zuckuss. 

default card350?cb=20080307185425

Torani Kulda, she is from FFG's Edge of the Empire: Lords of Nal Hutta book, she was a small Rodian bounty hunter and assassin who took great disdain on those who looked down on her. LEGENDS

default card

Dalan Oberos, he is from FFG's Force and Destiny: Chronicles of the Gatekeeper book, and was a bounty hunter that owned a Starviper and Kimogila fighter. Saddly that is all the information we have on him. LEGENDS

default carddefault card

Captain Nym, he is from the Starfighter and Jedi Starfigher video games, he stole the Scurrg H-6 prototype bomber, the Havoc, and led the Lok Revenants a pirate group. His activities upset the Trade Federation causing him to be imprisoned, he escaped and worked together with a N1 starfighter pilot to strike back at the Trade Federation which earned him a pardon he ignored as he continued his pirate activities. Shortly before the Clone Wars he continued his attacks against the Trade Federation even working with Jedi Master Adi Gallia leading to the discovery of some separatists activities leading up to the battle of Geonosis. After the war he went on to strike against Imperial holdings and was seen as a Rebel sympathizer. LEGENDS

default card500?cb=20150723041724

Sol Sixxa, he is from Jedi Starfighter, and he stole a cloaking device he used on his ship to strike fear into his foes by spreading rumors that he was a spirit and used his clocking device to help support those rumors. He ended up joining forces with Nym to fight against the Trade Federation. LEGENDS

default cardlatest?cb=20060109010351

IG-88 A, he is from ESB, he was created as an Imperial project and felt himself superior to organics, the scientists that built him concerned tried to shut him down but were quickly killed causing the droid to go and activate the other three IG-88 droids, linked them with himself, and planned to wipe out all organic life so that droids could control the galaxy. They went to Mechis III, killed the few organics there and reprogramed the droids to be loyal to them. Despite his disdain for organics he respected Vader for his cybernetics and menacing ways. He went on to upload his mind into the Death Star 2 to take over it, but the Rebels destroyed it shortly after, with his body later being found and was given a new memory program to serve as a protector for the Tyko Thul. LEGENDS backstory.

CANON, now he is just a bounty hunter produced by the same people but didn't murder them but just went rogue and became a bounty hunter, he was known as IG-88 or Phlutdroid, was beaten by Boba Fett on Bespin but survived to work more jobs as a merciless but traditional bounty hunter. Personally I prefer the legends backstory, even if him downloading himself into the Death Star was silly. 

default card500?cb=20120108032633

IG-88 B, he is actually the IG-88 seen during ESB, he was meant to act as the face of the group. He placed a tracer on Slave 1 and followed Boba Fett to Bespin planning to kill him and take the bounty on Han for himself, only to walk into a trap and be shot by ion cannons, and have Fett take all of his concussion grenades and put them in the droid's open casings and activate them blowing the droid apart letting the Ugnaughts have the rest. You can actually see IG-88 B in the incinerator room. See IG-88 A.

default card499?cb=20151130035541

IG-88 C, he and IG-88 D were given the role of sentries on Mechis III. After IG-88 B was destroyed he and IG-88 D went after Fett for revenge, but Fett used his little maneuver from the Inertial Dampeners card and fired all his weapons into IG-88 C's IG-2000 destroying it. See IG-88 A.

default card500?cb=20091105075442

IG-88 D, he and IG-88 C were given the role of sentries on Mechis III. After IG-88 B was destroyed he and IG-88 C went after Fett for revenge and he ended up getting shot down and crashed. He did survive and ended up making his way to Ord Mantel to get ship parts but was attacked by Dash Rendar who wanted information on Han's whereabouts which resulted in the droid finally being destroyed. See IG-88 A.

default cardlatest?cb=20110320042751

Edited by Animewarsdude

1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

Yes please.

Alright, I went back and edited my three previous posts. If a character is from Legends I denote them with a LEGENDS at the end of their entry, and if something is different from their new canon selves I make mention of that too like with Garven and IG-88. Canon character entries will just be the same as they were. 

Great idea for a thread @Animewarsdude!  Keep it coming.  I'm not particularly familiar with anything that hasn't been in the films so there were some interesting surprises for me.

A few additions of my own:

Pat Roach (Foreman Proach) was also in Temple of Doom, Last Crusade and Willow.  He worked with George Lucas quite a few times but oddly not on a Star Wars film.

Ahhav may not have any character info, but it seems pretty likely he is inspired by Captain Ahab from Moby ****, hence the 'Vengeful Survivor' tagline on his card and space whales in his artwork.

EDIT: just noticed the title of a famous book featuring a great white whale has been partially censored...

Edited by JudgeDeath

7 hours ago, Sir Orrin said:

tenor.gif?itemid=3463863

LOST STARS BECAME A MANGA!!!

I'm sorry I just really liked the Book.

Also really like the thread!

By the way, if you were interested here is a link to the volume 1. I'm sure some people could find it elsewhere too. 

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Lost-Stars-manga/dp/1975326539

This is great stuff! One addition to Dalan: in the kimogila preview article we were told the following:

Dalan Oberos was rumored to have met his demise during a job gone bad on Cato Neimoidia. But he has now resurfaced as a freelance enforcer for the Hutt Cartels and other operations in the Outer Rim. Some say he has come back changed or disfigured, armed with Contraband Cybernetics and a new view on life. Others have whispered that the bounty hunter calling himself Dalan Oberos is not the same man who fell on Cato Neimoidia.

No matter how it is he returned, though, no one can deny how dangerous Dalan Oberos truly is when he's behind the controls of his Kimogila fighter.

Since I did the Y-Wing I figured I'd go ahead and do the Scum Y-Wing pilots as well as go ahead and do the other cross faction ship with the Rebels the Z-95.

Starting with the Y-Wing.

Kavil, he was from the Rogue Squadron comic series, he led the Kavil Corsairs pirate group hoping to become an Imperial privater after the Battle of Endor. He was suplanted by a woman named Leonia Tavira, pictured after him, who had a far more eventful life. LEGENDS

default card330?cb=20150822212937Image

Drea Renthal, she is from the second and third book in the original Han Solo trilogy. She was a pirate lord active before the Battle of Yavin who prided herself on her morality seeing herself more as a businesswoman and tried to always minimize casualties. She was paid by the hutts to help protect Nar Shaddaa, and helped route the Imperials. She was in a relationship with Lando even though she was old enough to be his mother and ended up dropping him off on Bespin where he played a game of Sabacc that resulted in Han winning the Falcon. LEGENDS

She lacks an image of herself but she does have a character description so here that is: "Drea Renthal was a big woman with squarish features and a strong alto for a voice. She always dressed in mismatched clothes, wearing garments that clashed with each other, along with various sets of armor. Her hair, done up short and spiky, was silver and gold. Her typical style of hatwear usually included a flamboyant beret with an orange feather trailing behind it. "

default card

And now for the Z-95.

Airen Craken, he was from ROTJ where he was a background character on the Falcon with his scenes of running to the quad guns cut. He was a General and the Chief of Intelligence for the Rebels Alliance. 

default cardImage result for Airen Cracken

Blount, like Cracken was from ROTJ where he was a background character with his scenes of running to the quad guns cut. Other than being seen as a combat veteran and agent of the Rebels there is little else known about him aside from his participation at the Battle of Endor. 

default cardfalconrebels-0001.jpg

N'dru Suhlak, he is from the second and third Bounty Hunter wars books. He was a former Rebel with Jek Porkins and Wes Janson having helped taught him how to fly, and worked as a Hunt Sabutour meaning he was paid to try and interfere with bounty hunters and ferry their clients to safety. He notably interfered with Boba Fett's job a few times and lived to tell about it. LEGENDS

default card

Kaa'to Leeachos, he comes from FFG's Edge of the Empire: Under a Black Sun book. He was a slave/guard for a Hutt who was assasinated by another hutt giving him the chance to escape and earn his freedom though he lost a leg and suffered burns on his arm from the attack. He went on to become a mercenary and bounty hunter by the time of the Jedi Purge. He also notably looks a bit like the antagonists from Galaxy Quest despite being a Nikto. LEGENDS

default card350?cb=20160513181328

Edited by Animewarsdude

24 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

the second and third book in the original Han Solo trilogy

Is that the trilogy that starts with Star's End? That was a great book

25 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

despite being a Nikto

I always just assumed he was an ork, and only now does it occur to me that orks aren't part of the starwars universe

11 minutes ago, gadwag said:

Is that the trilogy that starts with Star's End? That was a great book

I always just assumed he was an ork, and only now does it occur to me that orks aren't part of the starwars universe

No, Star's End was the Han Solo Adventures trilogy, which are a fair bit older. The Han Solo Trilogy is The Paradise Snare, The Hutt Gambit, Rebel Dawn which details Han's backstory up to the point where he goes to the cantina where he meets Luke and Obi-wan. It was his background until Disney axed the old EU and it was replaced with the Solo film. 

I guess you could count Ugnaughts as pygmy orcs. :P

Edited by Animewarsdude

11 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

No, Star's End was the Han Solo Adventures trilogy, which are a fair bit older. The Han Solo Trilogy is The Paradise Snare, The Hutt Gambit, Rebel Dawn which details Han's backstory up to the point where he goes to the cantina where he meets Luke and Obi-wan. It was his background until Disney axed the old EU and it was replaced with the Solo film. 

I guess you could count Ugnaughts as pygmy orcs. :P

Nah, Gnomes with really bad lisps.