Animewarsdude

Putting a Face to the Name: Pilots (Update: Resistance Transport)

14 minutes ago, Cgriffith said:

You really couldn’t use a picture of ANH (Harrison Ford) as Han Solo?

also fun fact: Denis Lawson (Wedge Antilles) is Ewan McGregor uncle (Obi-Wan Kenobi ~ Episode I-III)

I could, but I wanted to save it for the good/real Han.

11 minutes ago, Matanui3 said:

Do we know anything about Dalan Oberos?  I'm especially interested given that his Kimogila title is "Returned From the Grave".

I plan to do wave 2 next and then I'll try to do 1-2 ships from each conversion kit until I'm caught up with everything. But I'll try to do Dalan Oberos soon.

31 minutes ago, DarkHorse said:

Rebel Han is Harrison Ford. Scum Han is  Alden Ehrenreich .

@Animewarsdude please keep this up. Loving your work.

Harrison Ford is the real Han Solo regardless if he’s Scum, Rebel or Resistance the character is iconic because of the men who wrote him George Lucas/Lawerance Kasdan and the man who portrayed him Harrison Ford.

Edited by Cgriffith
Spelling

16 minutes ago, KiloFiX9 said:

Thanks for this thread!

Where do the pics of all the Tie pilots come from? Just curious

Lets see, I got them all off of the internet, obviously but I think their original sources are:

Howlrunner: FFG art used for her in Armada

Skutu: Character book or source book

Mauler Mithil: I think card game art likely for WOTC's card game, that or art from the card game in Star Wars: Galaxies.

Iden: Google image search from the game.

Gideon: Same as above.

Del: Promotional image with all of the pilots that was cropped on Google images.

Seyn: I think cover art from the Inferno Squad tie in book to Battlefront 2.

Valen Rudor: From Rebels

Night Beast: Not sure, but it looked great and was on his wookiepedia page. 

These are awesome, but I've got to comment on the Partisans.

Other than Saw, we don't know that they died during the Death Star attack on Jedha.

We know Benthic survives at the very least, because he shows up in the Ashes of Jedha comic arc. If he survived, others might. 

Looking forward to more of these, though I already know most of them. Didn't know Old Teroch had been pictured though, so there's definitely still some surprises out there. Looking forward to seeing if you can find some art of Palob, or if it'll just be a photo of Pablo Hidalgo 😄

I don't have images for all of the ship cards, I'll try to update it once good images of them are up.

Wave 2:

Resistance:

Poe Dameron, the son of Shara Bey and ace of the New Republic and later the Resistance. Put him in a pilot seat and he is basically a one man army. 

default card500?cb=20180124021517

Nien Nunb, an arms dealer and smuggler that Leia and Evaan had help smuggle Alderaanians from Sullust to escape the Imperials, he later went on to be Lando's co-pilot at Endor, and became a Resistance pilot come the time of the ST.

default card350?cb=20160813010804

Ello Asty, he was a pilot who reckless and didn't often work well in a team. He, along with a few other pilots on this list, were members of the New Republic's Precision Air Team which performed air shows, bored and learning of a greater cause to fight for from Joph Seastriker he joined the Resistance at its infancy.  He was shot down during the Assault on Starkiller Base. 

default cardlatest?cb=20171206233947

Temmin Wexley, he was a young man (early to mid teens) when his father was taken away by the empire and his mother, Norra Wexley, left him to go join the Rebellion. He became a businessman focusing on junk dealing and built a murderous B1, named Mister Bones, to keep him company. After Endor he reconciled with his mother and began learning how to fly. His father began an unwitting assassin and helped kill Gallius Rax (villain from Aftermath trilogy).  He became a member of New Republic's Precision Air Team which performed air shows, bored and learning of a greater cause to fight for from Joph Seastriker he joined the Resistance at its infancy. Before TFA he goes on to marry Kare Kun. He was away on a mission during TLJ.

default cardlatest?cb=20160422040838

Kare Kun, she was created for the Poe comic series and was a member of the same squadron Poe was a part of while they served the New Republic, she later joined the Resistance and ended up getting command of her own squadron and married Temmin Wexley. 

default cardlatest?cb=20160407094447

Jessika Pava, she idolized Luke Skywalker and was inspired to become a ace pilot like the stories said Luke was, she joined the New Republic and seeing how the New Republic wasn't doing anything to stop or dissuade the First Order she joined the Resistance. She often flew as a part of Poe's squadron and had a bad habit of her astromechs being destroyed for one reason or another when going on missions causing her to need replacements and for the astromechs to call her 'The Great Destroyer of Droids' hence her new updated 2.0 ability. She was on a mission during the events of TLJ. 

default cardJessPavaCardTrader

Joph Seastriker, he is from Bloodlines and worked with Leia, Greer Sonnel, and Senator Ransolm to bring down the Amaxine Warriors a cartel that was secretly backed by a First Order agent. Being a member of New Republic's Precision Air Team, which performed air shows, when he found a cause worth fighting for it grabbed the interest of some of his squad mates all of whom, alongside himself joined the Resistance at its infancy. 

default card

Bastian, he participated in the Assault on Starkiller Base and cheered on Poe. He along with other pilots that often flew with Poe was away on a mission during the events of TLJ. 

default card500?cb=20160405150156

Jaycris Tubbs, he was a keen mentor to new fighter jocks and died quickly in the opening engagement of the Battle of D'qar. 

default cardlatest?cb=20171218122510

Tallissan Lintra, she was born on a farming world and learned how to fly using a crop dusting RZ-1 A-Wing that her father owned and when Leia created the Resistance she joined shortly afterwards. She participated in the Battle of D'Qar and survives the battle until shortly after the battle Kylo flies into the Raddus' hanger and kills her and the rest of the pilots that were in or manning their ships. 

default card350?cb=20180121043507

L'ulo L'ampar, he flew for the Rebellion at the Battle of Endor and went on to become the leader of Green Squadron after Arvel Crynid. After the Galactic Civil War he joined the Resistance and went on to serve with Poe, flying a RZ-1 against the First Order. While protecting escape pods with innocent people from criminals led by Agent Terex, he was shot down.

default cardImage result for L'ulo L'ampar

Greer Sonnel, she was a racer who flew a purple RZ-1 A-Wing that was sponsored by Han Solo, but her career was cut short when she was diagnosed with Bloodburn a disease that caused fevers, overheating, and death. She became Leia's assistant due to Han's connection to try and help her keep a normal/less intense life so to not aggrevate her disease so she could live a normal lifespan. She, Leia, Joph, and Senator Ranslom helped bring down the Amaxine Warriors a cartel that was secretly backed by a First Order agent. Despite her disease she joined the Resistance as a pilot. 

default cardlatest?cb=20160507202421

Zari Bangel, was a member of the New Republic's Precision Air Team which performed air shows, bored and learning of a greater cause to fight for from Joph Seastriker she joined the Resistance at its infancy. 

default card Image result for Zari Bangel

First Order:

Commander Malarus, was a First Order commander who was given narcotics to boost body mass, strength, and reduce aging. She effectively is pumped full of Glitterstim, hence the ability. She was sent by the First Order to capture Agent Terrex for his rogue mission to try and take out the Resistance, causing him to be fitted with a cybernetic piece to ensure his loyalty. She ended up flying against Poe in his X-Wing, crashed and was taken by the locals to be tried for her crimes. 

default card500?cb=20180128041809

TN-3465, she was the pilot that Phasma grabbed to fly her around to chase after the individual who saw her record of lowering Starkiller's planetary shield. She flew a Tie/sf and afterwards her BB astromech was destroyed and she was killed so Phasma wouldn't have any loose ends that could come back to implicate her. Her 'name' comes from Phasma being the one to give her version of the report and making sure that the proper identification was used. 

default card500?cb=20180204041528

Sol Rivas, is the man who saw Phasma's data record of her sabotage, he was able to escape her trying to kill him long enough to get to a TIE/fo and escape for a moment, only to end up on a planet and held captive by a primitive race before Phasma got to him and killed him. 

default card500?cb=20180203062448

The five pilots below were created by FFG, but hey they are way better names than what they originally had. 

default carddefault carddefault carddefault carddefault card default card

Scum:

Proach, he was a member of the mining guild that operated a craft inspired by the World Devastators that was being used to strip mine materials from Lothal, he was stopped by the Spectres, he ended up getting in a fight with Zeb and fell of the craft to his death. His character name is a name Pat Roach the actor who played the burly mechanics from Raiders of the Lost Ark.  

default card500?cb=20180125133331

Seevor, he was a member of the mining guild that operated a craft inspired by the World Devastators that was being used to strip mine materials from Lothal, he was stopped by the Spectres, he tried to charge at Ezra but tripped on Ezra's light saber and ended up falling into a smelter where he died. He was voiced by Seth Green. 

default card500?cb=20180125134633

Ahhav is a FFG created character so lacks character art or any real character info. 

default card

Yushyn, he was a member of the mining guild and the boss of a asteroid belt gas refinery. The spectres came in stole fuel, and destroyed the base, but not before a purrgil, space whale, grabbed Yushyn and dragged him to the planet/astroids' depths. 

default card500?cb=20161009050555

Edited by Animewarsdude

38 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

These are awesome, but I've got to comment on the Partisans.

Other than Saw, we don't know that they died during the Death Star attack on Jedha.

We know Benthic survives at the very least, because he shows up in the Ashes of Jedha comic arc. If he survived, others might. 

Looking forward to more of these, though I already know most of them. Didn't know Old Teroch had been pictured though, so there's definitely still some surprises out there. Looking forward to seeing if you can find some art of Palob, or if it'll just be a photo of Pablo Hidalgo 😄

I incorrectly assumed they all died based of the scene, 

And very might well use picture of Pablo if I can't find another image. 

4 hours ago, Cgriffith said:

You really couldn’t use a picture of ANH (Harrison Ford) as Han Solo?

also fun fact: Denis Lawson (Wedge Antilles) is Ewan McGregor uncle (Obi-Wan Kenobi ~ Episode I-III)

It's funnier if he doesn't use Ford, tbh.

This is great, thank you; it reminds me of when I was writing my own Star Wars: Saga Edition RPG adventures and constantly poring over Wookiepedia for information and falling down a rabbit-hole for hours...

Reminds me, I need to go through all my West End Games SWRPG books and see if any obscure names pop up.

5 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

It's funnier if he doesn't use Ford, tbh.

For you any many others possibly, not me. While is an outstanding actor, and portrayed Han Solo well he is not and will never be Harrison Ford. Harrison Ford brought wit, charisma, charm, and bravado to the character. He embodied the character, he was the scoundrel.

...and Wedge, has to be my favorite as far as secondary film characters go. Denis Lawson's performance is wonderful for someone who's mainly locked in a cockpit; always cooly professional, he reacts to movement and explosions off-screen while saying his lines. 

"They're heading towards the medical frigate."

1 hour ago, Cgriffith said:

For you any many others possibly, not me. While is an outstanding actor, and portrayed Han Solo well he is not and will never be Harrison Ford. Harrison Ford brought wit, charisma, charm, and bravado to the character. He embodied the character, he was the scoundrel.

That's why Erenreich is an excellent, different Han Solo. The optimistic young man Han was before things got as bad as they did, before he lost that hopefuly spark and became the Scoundrel we all know and love. Something people seem to forget about Han Solo is that he wasn't always the man we met in Mos Eisley.

But that over the original trilogy, he remembered to be the man he once was- or at least tried his best to be. Compare Alden to ESB / RoTJ Han and you'll find it's much closer than ANH Han. For good, good reason at that.

It's such a shame then, that he lost that spark once again, when his family fell to pieces.

I want to join in on the fun, but can't figure out how to insert photos! I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this question.  I keep running into file size issues. Am I doing something wrong? Is their a trick? Teach me your ways!

11 minutes ago, BrotherFett said:

I want to join in on the fun, but can't figure out how to insert photos! I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this question.  I keep running into file size issues. Am I doing something wrong? Is their a trick? Teach me your ways!

Linking directly to an image already online via the "Insert image from URL" option in the "Insert other media" portion (when typing a reply, it is in the bottom right of the reply box above the "Submit Reply" button for me) gets around that if you're wanting to link to something that is already online or you have the image uploaded to an image sharing site. :)

Edited by Hiemfire

All four of these characters originate from Shadows of the Empire.  Before the prequels were made, Lucas Arts test-ran a multi-media promotional story that involved the events between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.  This promotion included an N64 game, comics, a full hardbound massive novel, tie-in spinoff novels, action figures, etc.  Generally speaking, the story follows Luke, Leia, Lando, the droids, and Chewie as they deal with attempted assassinations on Luke, while recruiting Han’s “Not Han” smuggler buddy to fill in for the rogue scoundrel.  

**A note on Shadows of the Empire’s canonicity...  SotE is in a bizarre place in canon where most of it is now Legends, but some bits of SotE are now official Canon.  It is worth noting that the entire story was written so as to not conflict with events in ESB or RotJ.  Dash Rendar, the Outrider, Leebo, and Black Sun, as well as the Falleen race, are now all officially Canon.  Black Sun was canonized with the Clone Wars, the Outrider was canonized mentioned below, and Dash Rendar and Leebo were canonized in the journal book released in Setember 2018 titled “Solo: A Star Wars Story: Tales from Vandar.”  As far as I’m aware, Guri, Xizor, Starvipers, and the Virago are currently Legends, still.  

Dash Rendar, a.k.a. “Not-Han”, is yet another smuggler flying a “Not the Millenial Falcon” YT-2400 named the Outrider.  He tends to be a focal point in the story, and the player character in the N64 game.  Like Han, he was also a Corellian, and was also at Hoth for the battle.  Indeed the first few levels of the N64 game have you going through ice caverns and flying a snow speeder.  Dash’s personality is more of a braggart Top Gun fighter ace, and more than a little full of himself.  Luke doesn’t like him.  Trivia point:  In A New Hope special edition, the Outrider can be seen blasting off from the Mos Eisley space port as Luke and Obi-Wan arrive.  Shadows of the Empire ends with Dash faking his death and the destruction of the Outrider, and blasting into hyperspace as a convenient reason for not being around in RotJ.  He later shows up in other media, where it’s revealed that he didn’t want Black Sun coming after him, and would rather not get stuck in the middle of the Galactic Civil War.

latest?cb=20180913203859

latest?cb=20110528031058

Leebo, or LE-BO2D9  was Dash Rendar’s dry-witted co-pilot.  He was an LE series repair droid made by Cybot Galactica.  Typically Leebo piloted the ship while Dash manned the Outrider’s guns.  

latest?cb=20180914003230

latest?cb=20071205001523

Prince Xizor was a Falleen of house Sizhran, the leader of the Black Sun crime syndicate, and served as the story’s main antagonist.  He started off amiable and charming, trying to seduce Leia (through Falleen pheromones), until kidnapping her and showing his hand as being the one trying to assassinate Luke.  Xizor drew the ire of Vader once Vader realized he was trying to kill Luke, which resulted in Vader destroying Xizor’s Skyhook space palace, and Xizor along with it.  Xizor’s personal ship was the Virago, a custom prototype Starviper he had commissioned through MandalMotors. Upon his death, the Starviper production rights were released from his ownership, allowing the ships to be mass produced on open market.  Mandal Hypernautica also began manufacturing the ships.

latest?cb=20180914141054

latest?cb=20161014203502

Xizor’s personal bodyguard was Guri.  Guri handled most of Xizor’s business affairs, and was even mistaken as the head of Black Sun.  Lando described Guri as being cold enough that ice wouldn’t melt if stacked on her, and said that there was something spooky about her.  In truth, Guri was a human replica assassination droid custom built for Xizor.  The only way she could be detected as synthetic was because her temperature was colder than that of a human, and her synthetic muscle tissue confused scanners.  Guri was ultimately able to escape the destruction of Xizor’s palace and the skyhook, thus surviving the events of Shadows of the Empire.  She later appears in comics and novels, where she sought out one of her creators and had him reprogram her to be free of all vestigial servitude towards Black Sun and Xizor’s niece, Savan.  

latest?cb=20180910161518

latest?cb=20110528031449

Edited by It’s One Of Ours
Spelling/Grammar/canonicity

Ah... Thanks for the post. I've been saying it for a long time now, it's a huge wasted opportunity that FFG didn't think to (or chose not to) include pilot pic&bio on the back of the ship card..