RunJerZeeNets

Managing the library

I just finished sleeving all the cards in Fallout and New California. As I was working my way through the decks, I wondered how everyone manages the library during play. 

Does one just stack up the deck and thumb through it when directed?

Or would a binder work better? I can see the organizational advantages of the binder, but is a Deck more efficient?

Ok, let’s do some math. I don’t have the game handy, so I’ll be doing it from memory.

I believe there are 244 numbered cards in the library between the base game and New California. Cards 240 through 244 have duplicates, so let’s assume (as I don’t have the cards handy to check) that’s 260 individual cards. Standard card binders hold 9 cards per page, therefore we need 29 pages in the binder, for single card top loading.

Inked Gaming showcase binders are 1.5”, side loading and double sided, capacity of 342 cards. Therefore a basic 2” office binder with UltraPro pages should do the trick for single sided.

9 hours ago, RunJerZeeNets said:

Ok, let’s do some math. I don’t have the game handy, so I’ll be doing it from memory.

I believe there are 244 numbered cards in the library between the base game and New California. Cards 240 through 244 have duplicates, so let’s assume (as I don’t have the cards handy to check) that’s 260 individual cards. Standard card binders hold 9 cards per page, therefore we need 29 pages in the binder, for single card top loading.

Inked Gaming showcase binders are 1.5”, side loading and double sided, capacity of 342 cards. Therefore a basic 2” office binder with UltraPro pages should do the trick for single sided.

Yes that’s all true but that binder doesn’t fit inside the box. I have my deck in 2 card boxes that fit inside the game box. 

However I’m still considering the binder. 

My solution was to make a box from card-stock and tape to hold the cards upright while keeping all but the top-most info (number and name) hidden. With that, I added cards to stand taller than the regular cards and have the number range of the cards behind it written on them for finding them easier.