Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
the mercenary

Decon-3 droid anywhere in FFG's books yet?

Recommended Posts

I've mentioned before that the characters I GM for are associated with Saw's partisans. So they're back on Centares, where the campaign started, looking to cause trouble for the Empire. But in a surprising twist (you'd have to know my players), they actually thought to do something other than shoot Imperials and blow things up. I think I mentioned the decon droids when we were chatting once, you know, the droids that the Empire uses on Honoghr in the Thrawn trilogy to "clean" the planet after a ship crashed there and polluted everything. Anyway, one of them got the bright idea (no sarcasm) to get some of these droids and turn them loose on Centares to undo the damage that the Empire had done to the planet, thus getting the people on the side of the partisans (and, by extension, the rebellion). I think it's a great idea. 

 

Here's the problem.

 

I don't know if the droids in question are listed in any FFG books yet. And while I have a bunch of pdfs of the WEG and WotC books, I haven't compared the prices and availability of equipment, droids, vehicles/ships in them vs the same items in the FFG books. 

 

Does anyone know if these droids are in the FFG books yet, or do I need to convert them and make up a price? It's not a huge deal to do so but if I don't have to, I'd prefer not to. Especially if they're already there and I come up with something because I didn't know which book to look in, and the stats are quite different (which is what happened with the KX series droids). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rimsen said:

Don't make them buy it, let them get it through story :)

 

That's my plan, but I have to figure out approximately how much it's worth. Especially after the black market marks it up a bunch. Knowing these players, it will end up being a "violent action for droid" type of arrangement. I can't just let them know who has it; thanks to an optimizer and weapon/armor mods, if there aren't five nemesis level enemies all taking the group on at once, they'll just walk all over the opposition (and they have less than 100 earned XP right now), and they'll go find whoever it is and take the droid. So they're going to have to do some work for it.

 

Next time I run a campaign, weapon mods are all going to have a Rarity of 50. At minimum. 

 

Bah, I don't mean that. But it's very frustrating to know that the only way a fight will be a challenge is if it's enough to kill them outright. I have only myself to blame, for not realizing how the mods and dual weapon rules could be twisted until they look like a Gordian knot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, the mercenary said:

 

That's my plan, but I have to figure out approximately how much it's worth. Especially after the black market marks it up a bunch. Knowing these players, it will end up being a "violent action for droid" type of arrangement. I can't just let them know who has it; thanks to an optimizer and weapon/armor mods, if there aren't five nemesis level enemies all taking the group on at once, they'll just walk all over the opposition (and they have less than 100 earned XP right now), and they'll go find whoever it is and take the droid. So they're going to have to do some work for it.

 

Next time I run a campaign, weapon mods are all going to have a Rarity of 50. At minimum. 

 

Bah, I don't mean that. But it's very frustrating to know that the only way a fight will be a challenge is if it's enough to kill them outright. I have only myself to blame, for not realizing how the mods and dual weapon rules could be twisted until they look like a Gordian knot.

I think the issue is that they got them too easy. Maybr you shouldn't hand ot that much credit. Modding and gearing is costly, and if they have plenty they will buy everything they can

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

I think the issue is that they got them too easy. Maybr you shouldn't hand ot that much credit. Modding and gearing is costly, and if they have plenty they will buy everything they can

The trick is to be just a free with having the PCs lose gear as your are with having them gain it. Dropping that modded gun down those bottomless shafts that Republic/Imperial OSHA overlooked could become a common thing with Despairs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rimsen said:

I think the issue is that they got them too easy. Maybr you shouldn't hand ot that much credit. Modding and gearing is costly, and if they have plenty they will buy everything they can

 

Attachments are generally relatively inexpensive and easy to put on. And I think it's three attachments that basically broke our game. None of which were very expensive. I think it cost less than 1500 credits per PC. 

 

I'll make a new topic about this sometime. I don't want this one to go completely off the rails.

 

I think I'll just convert the price from the WEG book. And figure out ways to make sessions have little to no combat.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to look up the Decon III droids on Wookieepedia but they are just a kind of bulky droid.  

In reality, they are a simple droid with a specialized function.  Terraforming & Decontamination of soil.

I can't recall droid costs, but I'm guessing that they probably cost between $30,000 - $40,000 each.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mark Caliber said:

I had to look up the Decon III droids on Wookieepedia but they are just a kind of bulky droid.  

In reality, they are a simple droid with a specialized function.  Terraforming & Decontamination of soil.

I can't recall droid costs, but I'm guessing that they probably cost between $30,000 - $40,000 each.

 

Sick minds think alike, apparently. When this first came up in game I randomly picked a price out of my head, and that price was 30k. Then I remembered the fiasco with the KX-series droid and thought maybe I'd better check (it would be just my luck for the price to actually be 100k+)

 

1 hour ago, HappyDaze said:

There are rules in Special Modifications for building mono-task droids. I suggest using those to get a fair price.

 

Excellent, thank you, I will check that out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...