wryanparrish

Missing Chaos Tokens

Hey Everyone -

I've done some digging and have yet to find a solution and I'm wondering if someone here can help me.  In a move, I somehow managed to lose the bag I had some of my chaos tokens in for a campaign I was in the middle of, and now I'm short tokens.  Currently supplementing with an app, but would like to replace what I'm missing if possible.  Anyone know if it's possible to buy replacement tokens for the chaos ones or whatever they're called (+1, 0, -1, etc)?  I see cosmetic changes for the clue/doom/resource tokens around, but no option for these.

Any ideas or direction?  Appreciate the help either way.

You might try to contact Fantasy Flight customer support.  However, the entirety of the chaos bag might be a bit much for them to replace... You could use this as an excuse to buy a second core set to get a new set of chaos tokens as well as some very useful cards.

I'm actually wondering about some of this given the set of Ultimatums for Dunwich Legacy.

• Ultimatum of Failure adds an additional auto-fail token to the chaos bag,
  • Ultimatum of Broken Promises removes the elder sign token from the chaos bag entirely,
  • Remind Me Not to Piss Her Off, tasks you with defeating Seth Bishop (Where Doom Awaits, 293) while Naomi O’Bannion is at your side,

The last 2 aren't relevant, but the first one requires 2 Auto-Fail (tentacle) tokens.  If you run both it and the second, you could treat the Elder Sign token as an Auto-Fail, but otherwise it requires 2 core sets.

1 hour ago, Eeyogre said:

I saw those in my digging!  Bookmarked the page just-in-case.  Wouldn't be the worst thing if I had to upgrade, I suppose...

50 minutes ago, Antimarkovnikov said:

You might try to contact Fantasy Flight customer support.  However, the entirety of the chaos bag might be a bit much for them to replace... You could use this as an excuse to buy a second core set to get a new set of chaos tokens as well as some very useful cards.

I have a message into them, so we'll see.  My buddy actually said the same thing, so maybe that's the route I'll need to take if all else fails.  I mostly play solo, but there are a few decks I run that would benefit from the handful of extra cards I'd splash in.

4 minutes ago, Duciris said:

I'm actually wondering about some of this given the set of Ultimatums for Dunwich Legacy.

The last 2 aren't relevant, but the first one requires 2 Auto-Fail (tentacle) tokens.  If you run both it and the second, you could treat the Elder Sign token as an Auto-Fail, but otherwise it requires 2 core sets.

I noticed that too, and just assumed I'd be adding in something like a -7 token to act as the second auto-fail, or use the app when running DL.  

11 minutes ago, wryanparrish said:

I saw those in my digging!  Bookmarked the page just-in-case.  Wouldn't be the worst thing if I had to upgrade, I suppose...

I have a message into them, so we'll see.  My buddy actually said the same thing, so maybe that's the route I'll need to take if all else fails.  I mostly play solo, but there are a few decks I run that would benefit from the handful of extra cards I'd splash in.

I noticed that too, and just assumed I'd be adding in something like a -7 token to act as the second auto-fail, or use the app when running DL.  

Yup.  If you are a masochist, however, all other tokens are used in Expert (unless you don't end up adding a Tablet and/or Elder Thing token(s) in the first 3 scenarios).

On 11/28/2018 at 4:37 AM, wryanparrish said:

Hey Everyone -

I've done some digging and have yet to find a solution and I'm wondering if someone here can help me.  In a move, I somehow managed to lose the bag I had some of my chaos tokens in for a campaign I was in the middle of, and now I'm short tokens.  Currently supplementing with an app, but would like to replace what I'm missing if possible.  Anyone know if it's possible to buy replacement tokens for the chaos ones or whatever they're called (+1, 0, -1, etc)?  I see cosmetic changes for the clue/doom/resource tokens around, but no option for these.

Any ideas or direction?  Appreciate the help either way.

Which ones do you need? If you don’t get any joy with FFG we can post you some of ours. Like a secret Santa. Which country do you live in?

The Arkham Chronicle Gang

On 12/2/2018 at 3:41 PM, ArkhamChronicle said:

Which ones do you need? If you don’t get any joy with FFG we can post you some of ours. Like a secret Santa. Which country do you live in?

The Arkham Chronicle Gang

I've got a spare set if you're in the UK

On 12/3/2018 at 8:07 AM, SDW740 said:

I've got a spare set if you're in the UK

Sorry for the late response and appreciate the offer.  U.S., unfortunately.  I could always convince my wife to plan a trip, though...

On 12/3/2018 at 1:04 PM, ColinEdwards said:

I keep mine on coin capsules. You might try that and then just print out whatever else you needed.

This is what I ended up doing.  Been using capsules for a bit and had an "ah ha" moment and just used this route.  Been working great so far, though my Investigator is getting put through the ringer right now.  So maybe not.