Innese

Mining Guild TIE

I think they'll be at 2 points more than imperial ties. I'll be pleased if their only 1 point more though.

It's a tie with Collision detector, but it prevents attacks, so only half as good and only on asteroids so a quarter as good. And slightly worse dial. So 1-2 points more seems fair.

Edited by Scum4Life
Extra thoughts

I think you are underestimating the advantage of a swarm ship that can fly through rocks with impunity.  I'm just guessing, obviously, but in my head that seems pretty darn potent for a TIE swarm.  No Howlrunner or Iden means you don't have to fly close together...  Based on past FFG decisions, I expect 26 points minimum to avoid the asteroid ignoring ocho.

1 hour ago, Scum4Life said:

I think they'll be at 2 points more than imperial ties. I'll be pleased if their only 1 point more though.

It's a tie with Collision detector, but it prevents attacks, so only half as good and only on asteroids so a quarter as good. And slightly worse dial. So 1-2 points more seems fair.

My gut says the dial is worse enough to offset the ability, and so they _should_ be roughly even. But that FFG will be a bit conservative with the pricing, so we'll see it 1 point more. 

I wouldn't be surprised by 2 points more, though.

a red 5fwd in a faction that is mostly of medium speed ships is hard considered a weak dial. Only two ships with a 5fwd scum even use are flankers anyway, flankers dont want buddies. The mining tie is fast enough to keep up with everything else.

That being said though i dont see their ability being that useful. I rarely see people use rocks, tournament or otherwise, because they want the option to dive into the debris if need be and still shoot. And who knows, the new pink cloud things could become so common we never see rocks/debris again lol.

After these come out the mining tie player is probably the only one who will choose to use asteroids during placement.

I’m starting to hope scum finds a way to get an extra asteroid on the table through a crew or illicit maybe.

Edited by DakkaDakka12