Innese

Mining Guild TIE

5 hours ago, Crabbok said:

Ahaav has whales...

He's Ahab!   From Moby ****!   And he's hunting Purgils!  

EDIT - wow... book titles are censored!  

I wonder... will Purgils be large base or Epic?   Hmmm... 🤔

Edited by Scrivner

Just now, thespaceinvader said:

He still engages at his normal intiative, it works fine when he's on a rock.

That sounds groovy, park him on a rock to tractor things and get 4 green dice for defense. If anything a less focused player will be highly annoyed and focus on him instead of your hitters

2 minutes ago, william1134 said:

I hope that these super ties are appropriately coasted as they just seem vastly superior to regular Imperial ties.

Let's not get carried away. They have an always-on collision detector, but it only works on 1 out of 3 obstacle types and only for movement purposes, and also the ship dial is slightly worse. At the end of the day they're still TIE fighters and they'll still pop like soap bubbles.

1 hour ago, nexttwelveexits said:

Let's not get carried away. They have an always-on collision detector, but it only works on 1 out of 3 obstacle types and only for movement purposes, and also the ship dial is slightly worse. At the end of the day they're still TIE fighters and they'll still pop like soap bubbles.

Does anyone have a picture of the Mining Guild Tie dial?

Seevor and Ahav are the obvious drop in's into lists for me though points costs are gonna be big deciding factors.

They have offset the ignore rocks ability by reducing the dial slightly, but i think they may have a slight points increase to offset it a little more.

5 hours ago, nexttwelveexits said:

A free always on collision detector is still fantastic, even if only for asteroids. The dial is only barely worse, with the ship ability its still more manoeuvrable than an imperial TIE. It might only be a TIE but when @william1134 says they're vastly superior he's not wrong.

9 hours ago, Innese said:

Page 2 of the Rules Ref: Replacement Effects

“When a replacement effect is resolved, the replaced effect is treated as not having occured.”

edit: @CaptainIxidor

edit 2: Wait would this also stop R2 & Reload?

Having this exact discussion on a Facebook group now, dude refused to believe me and said "We will have to disagree on this" lol.

Posted the rules page in question and got the old faithfull "Well this needs errata'ing". I've boiled  it down to "Does Proach ever receive a disarm token?" and he's stopped replying lol.

It does kinda raise the question though of what this is intended to work with because as far as i can see the only thing that can benefit is a Y-Wing or Kimogila using reload? Scum don't even have any Slammers.

Edited by Sonikgav

2 hours ago, Sonikgav said:

Having this exact discussion on a Facebook group now, dude refused to believe me and said "We will have to disagree on this" lol.

Posted the rules page in question and got the old faithfull "Well this needs errata'ing". I've boiled  it down to "Does Proach ever receive a disarm token?" and he's stopped replying lol.

It does kinda raise the question though of what this is intended to work with because as far as i can see the only thing that can benefit is a Y-Wing or Kimogila using reload? Scum don't even have any Slammers.

It works offensively too. If you want someone to be stressed instead of disabled of course.

3 hours ago, Sonikgav said:

Proach (per the article, and yes I know they're notorious for being off, but Qi'ra + Han was also argued against on similar grounds), Kimos, Quinn Jast and R2 equipped ships.

2 minutes ago, spacelion said:

How many of these can I fit in with Drea Renthal

Not sure yet, going to need the points costs first. Be sure to bring asteroids if you do plan on running Mining Guild TIEs though, they are affected normally by other obstacles. :)

43 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Proach (per the article, and yes I know they're notorious for being off, but Qi'ra + Han was also argued against on similar grounds), Kimos, Quinn Jast and R2 equipped ships.

Qi'ra/Han was argued on the basis of what constitutes the effects of an obstacle, this is clear wording where people think the effect should be different to what it is.

Quinn and R2's don't work either in the current wording.

Edited by Sonikgav