Innese

Mining Guild TIE

Upgrades likely coming with this expansion (unless there have been expansions that were missing the upgrade cards mentioned on their quick builds) are Hull Upgrade, Shield Upgrade, Static Discharge Vanes, Elusive, Afterburners, Swarm Tactics and Trick Shot.

Possible teasers of upcoming content: C-ROC in Proach's image (likely to be re-released anyways) and the Aurore (which would be a second Scum Huge ship, though it is similar in size to the C-ROC iirc) in the Mining Guild Sentry card art.

My hot take: Proach at the very least won't see serious play. 

He's too much work for too little gain. Jakku Gunrunners have shown as that cheap, free, bullseye tractor tokens are good. But the timing of Proach's ability (I4 during engagement phase) and the fact it costs you your attack unless you also invest the points in Yushyn and fly him in formation ultimately won't ever make him worth it over the JGR. Seevor has similar ability requirements and timing, but the ability to strip a defensive focus just before he attacks with no additional cost is much better. 

Also, if they have the focus token I believe removing it actually gives you better odds than making them roll one fewer die. Or at least the same, right?

Ahhav looks fun. Hopefully he's cheap, he'd be a pain in the *** for the likes of Boba and Redline to deal with. That extra dice also going on the defence roll is big. 

3 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Upgrades likely coming with this expansion (unless there have been expansions that were missing the upgrade cards mentioned on their quick builds) are Hull Upgrade, Shield Upgrade, Static Discharge Vanes, Elusive, Afterburners, Swarm Tactics and Trick Shot.

Article specifically says only five upgrade cards.

Trick Shot, Swarm Tactics and Static Discharge Vanes are the confirmed ones. Last two could be any of the others.

The extras are viable on the quick build cards because they're in the core set. That could be any of Elusive, Afterburners and Hull or Shield Upgrade. 

My money's on Shield Upgrade and Elusive. 

Edited by GuacCousteau

6 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

He's too much work for too little gain. Jakku Gunrunners have shown as that cheap, free, bullseye tractor tokens are good. But the timing of Proach's ability (I4 during engagement phase) and the fact it costs you your attack unless you also invest the points in Yushyn and fly him in formation ultimately won't ever make him worth it over the JGR. Seevor has similar ability requirements and timing, but the ability to strip a defensive focus just before he attacks with no additional cost is much better. 

If Proach has a Talent Slot then running Swarm Tactics Proach + Seevor and Yushyn would make a nice core for a swarm.

10 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Possible teasers of upcoming content: C-ROC in Proach's image (likely to be re-released anyways) and the Aurore (which would be a second Scum Huge ship, though it is similar in size to the C-ROC iirc) in the Mining Guild Sentry card art.

Aurore-class is like 20 meters shorter. Bit longer than a Ghost but not as long as any of the previously released Epic ships. I think large would still be a bit of a stretch, though.

So how would folks use Yushyn?  There's a natural combo with Proach, but that seems like... meh.  It's just an extra 2-dice primary.  Is the cost going to be worth it?  Dude is almost surely going to be at least 3 points more than the Init 1 generic.  Actually... that doesn't sound too bad.  If running a Proach-swarm, I think you always bring Yushyn.

Y-Wing reloads are out since they're red, but Kimogila and Quinn Jast both have, essentially, non-stress Reload mechanics.  Is flying a little reloader-TIE really worth it?

There's a cool interaction with Feedback Array, however.  A ship could FBA, then still get it's normal attack off.  Might be cool to see it used on something like a YV-666.  Too bad Scum doesn't have any Arvel/Zeb/Oicunn types, who can attack at Range 0.

I think Yushyn is going to be waiting around, perhaps some cool use of disarm tokens will show up in later expansions.  It's always nice when new content brings back older, unused ships.

//

Ahhev?  I'm guessing 30 points.  That's the lowest we've seen a TIE fighter with a bonus attack die built in.  Being the same price as Wampa or Gideon Hask sounds about right to me.

//

As to Proach, I think dude seems fine as is.  Swapping a 2-attack dice attack for essentially an auto-hit with a Tractor Beam is probably good.  But... it comes down to...

POINTS AND SLOTS

POINTS AND SLOTS

POINTS AND SLOTS

1 minute ago, Darth Meanie said:

Hmm.  My first thought was "I see that red dice creep is back on the menu."

Or he is just a regular Tie based on your opponents list...

I like Seevor + Ahhav and then as many Mining Guild Sentrys as you can fit.

1 minute ago, theBitterFig said:

So how would folks use Yushyn?

I feel like he has to go somewhere that has multiple ways of getting disarmed regularly. I'm not sure such a list currently exists.

Then again, he's still a 3 hull ship, so maybe putting him in a list with one other ship that has disarm tokens is enough.

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

So how would folks use Yushyn?  There's a natural combo with Proach, but that seems like... meh.  It's just an extra 2-dice primary.  Is the cost going to be worth it?  Dude is almost surely going to be at least 3 points more than the Init 1 generic.  Actually... that doesn't sound too bad.  If running a Proach-swarm, I think you always bring Yushyn.

I have a feeling that further Scum abilities that force disarm tokens will be coming down the line. 

10 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Y-Wing reloads are out since they're red, but Kimogila and Quinn Jast both have, essentially, non-stress Reload mechanics.  Is flying a little reloader-TIE really worth it?

There's a cool interaction with Feedback Array, however.  A ship could FBA, then still get it's normal attack off.  Might be cool to see it used on something like a YV-666.  Too bad Scum doesn't have any Arvel/Zeb/Oicunn types, who can attack at Range 0.

I think Yushyn is going to be waiting around, perhaps some cool use of disarm tokens will show up in later expansions.  It's always nice when new content brings back older, unused ships.

Yeah, I've just been looking at this.

The only other thing I can see is making regen Dengar work a little better, but to be honest the stress isn't much better. He gets his shots, sure, but at the cost of mods and then being forced into his lacklustre blues next turn. I'm not really sure that's worth the points for R2 and Yushyn himself just to get one shield back on a ship that's really overcosted.

Maybe there's a shout on Dalan Oberos. He could theoretically get two shield back in a turn with this. He's rolling against hopefully unmodded defence dice, so his own dice going without mods isn't the worst. 

Scum just don't take disarm tokens all that often.

EDIT: Oh wait a second scratch the above, thanks @Innese I'd forgotten R2 is on reveal, not after executing. 

Yeah, dialing in a blue on Torani or Dengar and taking a stress to regen before performing a blue and getting your actions could be interesting. Possibly too much work and too expensive, but that's the best use I've seen yet. 

Edited by GuacCousteau

14 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Hmm.  My first thought was "I see that red dice creep is back on the menu."

He doesn't seem that different from Wampa, Gideon Hask, Mauler Mithel, or Scourge Skutu, IMHO.  Those are all TIE fighters who gain an extra red die under certain circumstances.

Ahhev is really different, though, in that whether or not he triggers depends little on flying, and almost exclusively on list-building.  Some lists run only small-base ships, and Ahhev is wasted points for the entire game.  Some lists will only have large-and-medium bases, and he'll be 3 red dice in every attack.  That's kind of odd.

10 minutes ago, CaptainIxidor said:

I feel like he has to go somewhere that has multiple ways of getting disarmed regularly. I'm not sure such a list currently exists.

Then again, he's still a 3 hull ship, so maybe putting him in a list with one other ship that has disarm tokens is enough.

Well, consider.  This dude is probably what, 26-28 points?  3-4 more than a generic TIE filler?  Flying one along side a Kimo or a Quinn Jast gets you a reload without a disarm, so an extra shot.  Getting one extra Torpedo shot out of this guy, for the probably 4-ish points over a normal filler TIE, I think that's value for the cost.  Provided you don't mind flying a filler TIE.

6 minutes ago, Innese said:

Yushyn + R2 Astromech?

Recover shield, get stress, execute blue, action.

Good catch ( @GuacCousteau too).  I had forgotten about regen droids.  That might be worthwhile.  On Dengar, that stress-over-disarm can get him an extra two attacks.

Edited by theBitterFig