baxio

FFG back to their old money-grabbing tricks

FFG, can you please not fall into your old money grabbing trap of making some upgrades for the same ship only available in each expansion. Just looked at the Wave III previews and I see Calibrated Laser Targeting plus a title for the Delta-7 Aethersprite is available in the Delta-7 Aethersprite expansion but not the Guardians of the Republic Expansion, which means if you buy everything you can't run your second Delta-7 Aethersprite with those upgrades (and you know they'll be good.)

I understand things like the A-Wing cards in Rebel Aces came out later as a fix, but these are in the same wave so literally no excuse for this!

Still umming and ahhing about buying into second edition, this is probably the final nail in the coffin. We keep getting promises you've sorted out this type of thing then you do it again. 

4 minutes ago, baxio said:

FFG, can you please not fall into your old money grabbing trap of making some upgrades for the same ship only available in each expansion. Just looked at the Wave III previews and I see Calibrated Laser Targeting plus a title for the Delta-7 Aethersprite is available in the Delta-7 Aethersprite expansion but not the Guardians of the Republic Expansion, which means if you buy everything you can't run your second Delta-7 Aethersprite with those upgrades (and you know they'll be good.)

I understand things like the A-Wing cards in Rebel Aces came out later as a fix, but these are in the same wave so literally no excuse for this!

Still umming and ahhing about buying into second edition, this is probably the final nail in the coffin. We keep getting promises you've sorted out this type of thing then you do it again. 

TBF, if Calibrated Laser Targeting is as expensive as I think it will be, this will not be  a problem. I think Anakin, Republic's I6, will care about it most.

7 minutes ago, baxio said:

FFG, can you please not fall into your old money grabbing trap of making some upgrades for the same ship only available in each expansion.

They never said this would not be a thing. They only said you wouldn’t have to buy a ship from a faction you never play in order to get an upgrade card you want for your ships (all cross faction upgrades end up in all factions).

If you’re seriously thinking about leaving over that, there’s the door. You won’t change ffg’s business practices especially when you’re claiming they said something they never actually said.

39 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

TBF, if Calibrated Laser Targeting is as expensive as I think it will be, this will not be  a problem. I think Anakin, Republic's I6, will care about it most.

How expensive do you think it will be? So far, bullseye abilities have been priced pretty cheaply.

While I definitely think the OP is overreacting, I would caution those of you who expect both titles to show up in both packs: the buzz droid token only appears to be in the standalone Vulture pack.

I wouldn’t be surprised if both packs had the titles, or if the standalone pack had two copies of them, but don’t get your hopes up either 😜

46 minutes ago, Okapi said:

How expensive do you think it will be? So far, bullseye abilities have been priced pretty cheaply.

Sure, but a double - repo ace such as Soontir will reliably get bullseye. Now imagine double repo that can Supernatural and/or repo after the manuever: it is getting things in bullseye with an exponential reliability as initiative increases. A free result is a free result, and if Crackshot had unlimited uses of it, i'm sure it would be worth more than 1pt. That and it takes a slot not taken all too much by the archetype aside from specific purposes, so it won't be jostling with a more crucial slot, say, Force talent.

I would propose a cost of 1pt for Initiative 3-4, 3 pt for Iniative 5, and 8 pt for Initiative 6. I'm guessing around a 7pt flat cost tho. But tbh, my opinion is unqualified and often way off point.

Hey OP, why don't you wait until the actual list of contents is out, rather than going back to the internet commentators old trick of crying "the sky is falling because …."? 

They haven't shown all the upgrade cards yet, so until it is confirmed that cards from the single ship expansion isn't in the larger expansion, any complaints about it is nothing more than hyperbolical grandstanding. 

Ahhh this nonsense.

FFG is a company, companies need to make money to stay in business. To stay in business they need to sell products. If we don't buy products they wont stay in business.

Realistically their products are pretty darn inexpensive compared to every other company (40k anyone?).

Having to buy 1 more ship at $17 is such a huge blow, its even in the same faction!

Pretty much they will never win. If they introduced cards in all the expansions you would still find something to complain about. If they did that then they wouldn't sell a whole lot of ships then they would have to end Xwing because they still need to make a profit.  At least they aren't doing the autothruster thing anymore, and even then it managed to draw me into playing scum when realistically I would not have otherwise and its been a very enjoyable experience so far.

Capitalism, the constant unending battle between consumer and producer. I support threads like this. We must always remember & be reminded that NO, we don't always need every expansion or multiples of every ship. This is financially and mentally unhealthy. This is now extremely true because there are 7 factions. People who "compulsively" purchase X-wing are themselves likely to say they do so because of immaturity and lack of wisdom.

X-wing is still for now worth paying some money for. FFG will push us all to drop dollars. You can push back. For my part, I avoided purchasing an unneeded and wasteful 2e core set. Definitely dropping a faction & so far have only purchased 1 conversion kit. Resistance convert kit is too pricey at $30 cause it would only convert 3 ships for me. I'll wait until I can get a deal at $20 or less. I practice what I preach.

9 hours ago, player3010587 said:

Sure, but a double - repo ace such as Soontir will reliably get bullseye. Now imagine double repo that can Supernatural and/or repo after the manuever: it is getting things in bullseye with an exponential reliability as initiative increases. A free result is a free result, and if Crackshot had unlimited uses of it, i'm sure it would be worth more than 1pt. That and it takes a slot not taken all too much by the archetype aside from specific purposes, so it won't be jostling with a more crucial slot, say, Force talent.

I would propose a cost of 1pt for Initiative 3-4, 3 pt for Iniative 5, and 8 pt for Initiative 6. I'm guessing around a 7pt flat cost tho. But tbh, my opinion is unqualified and often way off point.

My experience with Soontir 2.0 is that getting people in your bullseye arc is actually not that easy, and if it means using all your actions to reposition then it's rarely worth it.  Couple that with the fact it's only useful on the highest initiative and I think bullseye only abilities are right to be priced cheaply.

1 minute ago, mazz0 said:

My experience with Soontir 2.0 is that getting people in your bullseye arc is actually not that easy, and if it means using all your actions to reposition then it's rarely worth it.  Couple that with the fact it's only useful on the highest initiative and I think bullseye only abilities are right to be priced cheaply.

I thought the same about Soontir, but that was back when I set myself up at 22.5 degrees for maximum arc-dodge abilities. I realized it becomes way easier to catch things in bullseye when you simply set up on the orthogonal plane, boringly perpendicular to your opponent (it does reduce your arc-dodge and blocking capability so slightly, but now you have an ability that procs more often than not when engaging). For most other ships, mainly those without bullseye abilities, I set them up at 22.5.

19 hours ago, Dengar5 said:

Capitalism, the constant unending battle between consumer and producer. I support threads like this. We must always remember & be reminded that NO, we don't always need every expansion or multiples of every ship. This is financially and mentally unhealthy. This is now extremely true because there are 7 factions. People who "compulsively" purchase X-wing are themselves likely to say they do so because of immaturity and lack of wisdom.

X-wing is still for now worth paying some money for. FFG will push us all to drop dollars. You can push back. For my part, I avoided purchasing an unneeded and wasteful 2e core set. Definitely dropping a faction & so far have only purchased 1 conversion kit. Resistance convert kit is too pricey at $30 cause it would only convert 3 ships for me. I'll wait until I can get a deal at $20 or less. I practice what I preach.

Calling a large portion of people mentally unhealthy because of what they deem a good entertainment per $ transaction is a pretty **** thing to do.

1 hour ago, Icelom said:

Calling a large portion of people mentally unhealthy because of what they deem a good entertainment per $ transaction is a pretty **** thing to do.

I don't think that's what he said.  He said having the mindset that you automatically need every expansion is mentally unhealthy.  That's not the same as making a rational judgment that each expansion is worth the money.