Oldpara

Polish SOS Top16/32 lists

Since there is no "Premier class tournament results" thread, for those interested:

All players with 6-0 and 5-1

Swiss ranking:

1.       Piotr Krzempek (lost in top4 against winner)

Boba Fett + 000, Marauder, Han Solo

Palob Godalhi + Moldy Crow, Debris Gambit

Unkar Plutt + Claking Device

L3-37 Escape Pod

199 pts

2.       Lukasz Luczyński (runner up)

Guri + Virago title, Shiled Upgrade, Advanced Sensors, Lone Wolf

192 pts

3.       Bartosz Wójcicki (lost in top4 against runner-up)

Luke Skywalker + Supernatural Reflexex, S-foils, Proton Torpedoes, R2 astromech

Wedge Antilles + S-folis, Proton Torpedoes

Sabine Wren (shuttle) + Juke

192 pts

4.       Lukasz Jagalski (lost in top16 against Roberto Mendez Torres)

Luke Skywalker + Instinctive Aim, S-foils, Proton Torpedoes

Wedge Antilles + S-folis, Proton Torpedoes, Predator

Norra Wexley (Arc) + Expert Handling, Veteran Tail Gunner

199 pts

5.       Lukasz Golonka (lost in top16 to Szczepan Kalisiak)

Colonel Jendon

Scimitar Squadron Pilot + Proton Torpedos

Scimitar Squadron Pilot + Proton Torpedos

Gamma Squadron Pilot + Proton Torpedos, Ruthless

Gamma Squadron Pilot + Proton Torpedos, Ruthless

200 pts

6.       Oliwier Mroczkowski (lost in top16 against Bartosz Wójcicki)

Luke Skywalker +  S-foils

Wedge Antilles + S-folis, Trick shot

Jan Ors + Moldy Corw, Trick Shot

AP-5

200 pts

7.       Maciej Paraszczak (lost in top8 to runner-up)

Talonbane Cobra  + Predator

Palob Godalhi + Moldy Crow

Quinn Jast + Proton Torpedoes, Crack Shot

L3-37

Unkar Plutt

199 pts

8.       Jakub Miotk (lost in top16 against winner)

Whisper + Juke, Adv. Sensors, Darth Vader

Redline + Trajectory Simulator, Proton Bombs, Proton Torpedoes

Fel + Outmanevuer

197 pts

9.       Mariusz Krakowczyk (winner)

Boba Fett + Marauder title, Han Solo, 000, Debirs Gambit

Palob Godalhi + Moldy Crow, Debris Gambit

Lando Carlissian + Lando’s Falcon title, Trick Shot

200 pts

10.   Ashok Hemmings (lost in top16 to Maciej Paraszczak)

Fenn Rau, Fearless

Old Teroch, Fearless
Palob, Moldy Crow, Debris Gambit, Shield Upgrade, L3-37

192 pts

11.   Jacek Pyszczek

Wedge Antilles + Swarm Tactics, Proton Torpedoes, S-foils, Hull Upgrade

Dutch Vander + Selfless, Ion Turret, Shield Upgrade

Garven Dreis (ARC) + Selfless, Proton Torpedoes, Shield Upgrade

200 pts

12.   Szczepan Kalisiak (lost in top4 to the winner)

Whisper + Juke, Shield upgrade, collision detector

Redline + Trajectory Simulator, Proton bombs, Seismic charges, Proton torpedoes
Kagi + Vader crew

193 pts

13.   Roberto Mendez Torres (lost in top8 against runner-up)

Wedge Antilles + S-folis, Crack Shot

Norra Wexley (ARC) + Intimidation, Zeb Orellios, Veteran Tail Gunner

Jan Ors (HWK) + Moldy Crow

Leutenant Blount

200 pts

14.   Blazej Misztal

Whipser + Juke, Vader, Collison Detector

Redline + Adv. Sensors, Proton Torpedoes

Deathrain + Trajectory Simulator, Proton Torpedoes, Seismic Charges, Proton Bombs

198 pts

15.   Martyn Chivers

Whisper + Juke, Vader

Redline + Advanced Sensors, Proton Torpedoes
Alpha Squadron Interceptor
Alpha Squadron Interceptor

199 pts

16.   Rafal Kurowiak (lost in top32 against Karol Pietrowicz)

Palob Godalhi + Modly Crow, Fearless, Qi’ra

4-Lom + 000, Fearless, Mist Hunter

L3-37 + Tactical Officer

Cartel Spacer + Ion Cannon

Unkar Plutt

200 pts

17.   Karol Pietrowicz (lost in top16 against Piotr Krzempek)

Scariff Base Pilot + Admiral Sloane

Soontir Fel + Predator

Academy Pilot

Academy Pilot

Academy Pilot

Academy Pilot

197 pts

18.   Tomasz Olech (lost to Martin Chivers in top32)

Luke Skywalker + Instinctive Aim, S-foils, Proton Torpedoes, munition failsafe

Wedge Antilles + S-folis, Proton Torpedoes, crack shot

Norra Wexley (Arc) + Intimidation, Zeb Orrelios, Veteran Tail Gunner

200 pts

19.   Mateusz Mednel (lost in top16 against Bartosz Wójcicki)

4-Lom + Advanced Sensors

Jakku Gunner

L3-37 Escape Pod + Tactical Officer

199 pts

Edited by Oldpara

That's a lot of Rebel lists for an 'unplayable faction'.

Looking forward to seeing how all the experts spin this to keep the narrative going. 

Congrats to the winner. Going purely by lists, I'm a little sad for the runner up. There's something about the partnership of Boba Fett and Guri winning a major tournament I really like. 

It's nice to see familiar faces (shut up, Guri counts, SotE was awesome) doing well, but it's even better in light of how bad they were in 1e. 

Getting ready for the System Open this weekend.  My son is taking a Luke/Wedge/Norra170 list and it's no joke.  I think the hype about Rebels not being good is one part not finding the top lists right away and one part the fact that X-wings are fragile (and always have been) and need to be flown with care.

Yea, meta was split almost evenly between factions, and sometimes 1 roll decided about outcome of the match like in Top8 between Ken (Bartosz Wójcicki - Rebels with Supernatural Luke) and Thurion (Lukasz Luczynski Boba + Guri) where both were on 192 pts and basically who won first player roll, win match. As you can see Scum won the roll ;)

Golon with his Coruscant Proton Torps Bombers (still with Ruthless!) had bad luck and hit only one Kagi it top16 :)

My top8 match was also amazing - I've lost 2 ships with 4 shots in 2 first rounds (Palob blanking everything despite dozen of tokens was especially painfull) yet I've managed to get the last round bump on Guri (adv. Senors one!) with my Unkar and I had 3 dice shot against 2 hull tractored Guri in her flank. I rolled 3 paints so Thurion needed also all paints on his 2 dices and... he pulled it. So close, so exciting, so cool ;)

1 hour ago, Porkchop Express said:

It's worth watching Maruisz' run in the top 16. The stream is on Twitch, and I think they said after 2 weeks it will go on Youtube.

This isn't his best match, he's better than that :)

He lost Lando almost for free, yet I must admit, thanks to good target priority (focusing enemy's Boba instead of Palob) he put himself into situation he could win, and Pepe made mistake in last round (boost instead of staying in r1 with tokens) 

This match is also proof that Boba doesn't need a bid - for Marios it was in this particular situation advantageous to be first player and to shoot at enemy's tokenless Boba (before enemy's Han trigger). 

Btw, I am specially happy, as I was the only loss winner had during the tournament ;)

Top 18, 6 of each faction, doesn't get much more even than that.  Good to see players working out slight variations and doing well.  Proton torps on x wings seem to be a must for the rebels. 

3 minutes ago, Storgar said:

Top 18, 6 of each faction, doesn't get much more even than that.  Good to see players working out slight variations and doing well.  Proton torps on x wings seem to be a must for the rebels. 

I wouldn't say Proton Torps : 2 squads didn't had them. 

I would say: Wedge Antilles! 

Despite what some very vocal individuals are saying he seems to be most cost efficient Rebel piece. With torps or without. 

Every Rebel list features Wedge... I think that says more about high initiative (pilot skill) still being a thing than it does about how competitive Rebels are or aren't as a faction.

Note the only other I6 pilots featuring are 2x Soontir Fel and a solitary Fenn Rau! :o

21 minutes ago, DexterOnone said:

Every Rebel list features Wedge... I think that says more about high initiative (pilot skill) still being a thing than it does about how competitive Rebels are or aren't as a faction.

Note the only other I6 pilots featuring are 2x Soontir Fel and a solitary Fenn Rau! :o

It's interesting, however, that almost all the Rebel lists are a full 200pts, which means giving up initiative on your I6 Wedge and I5 Luke and/or Norra.  (There is one exception, the Rebel list that made top 4).  I think because there is a scarcity of I6 ships (and a lot of I5), Wedge can still be very effective even without initiative.  His ability is also great against a lot of the scum ships (and other X-wings) rolling 2 or 1 green dice.

55 minutes ago, Oldpara said:

I wouldn't say Proton Torps : 2 squads didn't had them. 

I would say: Wedge Antilles! 

Despite what some very vocal individuals are saying he seems to be most cost efficient Rebel piece. With torps or without. 

I still don't get the whole "wedge is bad" (recently changed to "wedge isn't good enough") narrative that went viral.

It's like no one saying that had either played with or against a well flown Wedge. Nor bothered to check his ability numbers through a calculator nor acknowledged that like 90% of rebels lists in the cut had wedge.

They never looked behind Wedge being one of the most played pilot of the game. His slightly below average conversion rate to the cut was enought to label him bad...

1 hour ago, DexterOnone said:

So why aren't we seeing Rebel Fenn Rau or Han?

If I6 is all that matters, surely they should be in a high percentage of lists too?

29 minutes ago, dadocollin said:

It's interesting, however, that almost all the Rebel lists are a full 200pts, which means giving up initiative on your I6 Wedge and I5 Luke and/or Norra.  (There is one exception, the Rebel list that made top 4).  I think because there is a scarcity of I6 ships (and a lot of I5), Wedge can still be very effective even without initiative.  His ability is also great against a lot of the scum ships (and other X-wings) rolling 2 or 1 green dice.

The thing is that you're not really giving up the initiative on Wedge if he's the only I6 pilot on the table... and much of the early buzz in 2.0 has been around I5 Aces, Swarms or low I Ordnance lists.

That means Wedge has a good shout of moving last and shooting first at I6, so you can grab 2-3 other ships as a distraction and pack your list out with upgrades without much concern about a bid.

4 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

If I6 is all that matters, surely they should be in a high percentage of lists too?

Lol nope? Han occupies 1/3 of the list naked while Fenn flies a support ship. Wedge is the only I6 suitable for 4xRebels.

8 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

Rebel Han is actually extremely good, people just aren’t playing him. 

1 minute ago, ryfterek said:

Lol nope? Han occupies 1/3 of the list naked while Fenn flies a support ship. Wedge is the only I6 suitable for 4xRebels.

So I6 isn't all that matters then. 

All the point I'm making.

And if I6 isn't all that matters, the argument that Wedge is only taken for Initiative, and that Rebels still aren't competitive they just have access to an I6 pilot starts to lose a little ground, no?

14 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

I never said I6 is all that matters... but it can't be a coincidence that all of the competitive Rebel lists feature one, when very few Imperial or Scum players seem to be using them!

And as far as Han is concerned, aside from the massive cost, there's the obvious issue that large bases in general are conspicuous by their absence. Only two Imperial Shuttles and one Scum Falcon feature...

9 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

So I6 isn't all that matters then. 

All the point I'm making.

And if I6 isn't all that matters, the argument that Wedge is only taken for Initiative, and that Rebels still aren't competitive they just have access to an I6 pilot starts to lose a little ground, no?

I would take I6 "Diamond Squadron Ace" for 48 or less points anytime over any named X-Wing pilot. 

I6 is all that really matters in terms of Wedge being the top X-Wing pilot pick for rebels. I6 with one red, one green behind one hull wouldn't win you piss, so yeah, there's that. You want your I6 to occupy a decent chassis.