Sign in to follow this  
Cleto0

Wave 8 fleet

I’m super excited about the SSD, but mainly just for all those officers😂 Please tell me what you think about this list! 

HOLY **** Piett is good on an interdictor!! 

Faction: Galactic Empire

Commander: Admiral Piett(22!!!!!!!)

Assault Objective: Most Wanted
Defense Objective: Contested Outpost

Navigation Objective: Dangerous Territory (maybe?)

Imperial II-Class Star Destroyer (120 points)
-  Avenger  ( 5  points) 
-  Governor Pryce  ( 7  points) 
-  Gunnery Team  ( 7  points) 
-  Electronic Countermeasures  ( 7  points) 
-  Spinal Armament  ( 9  points) 
-  Leading Shots  ( 4  points) 
159 total ship cost

(Hopefully killing MSU left and right) also wondering if palp should be here.🤔

Arquitens-class Light Cruiser (54 points)
-  Director Krennic  ( 8  points) 
-  Reinforced Blast Doors  ( 5  points) 
-  Enhanced Armament  ( 10  points) 
77 total ship cost

(5-6 damage avg)

[ flagship ] Interdictor-class Suppression Refit (90 points)
-  Admiral Piett  ( 22  points) 
-  Interdictor  ( 3  points) 
-  Emperor Palpatine  ( 3  points) 
-  Disposable Capacitors  ( 3  points) 
-  Ion Cannon Batteries  ( 5  points) 
-  G7-X Grav Well Projector  ( 2  points) 
-  Grav Shift Reroute  ( 2  points) 
130 total ship cost

(9 damage avg with a double arc)

Gozanti-class Cruisers (23 points)
-  Hondo Ohnaka  ( 2  points) 
-  Comms Net  ( 2  points) 
27 total ship cost

(Gimme all those tokens)

0 total squadron cost

First time no squads that I am ok with!

Just throwing out a fun little fleet that has a lot of damage and an abuse of tokens. Give me your thoughts!

Edited by Cleto0

11 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

I think you'll feel better with Targeting Scrambler rather than the single G7

Targeting scrambler is expensive for something I probably won’t use. Only might use against bombers. Also G7 can be placed to avoid a hard Raddus drop. I would love to hear your reasoning 

Just now, Cleto0 said:

Targeting scrambler is expensive for something I probably won’t use. Only might use against bombers. Also G7 can be placed to avoid a hard Raddus drop. I would love to hear your reasoning 

Your argument vs the Use of Raddus drop is countered the same - you may just never use it if they don’t take Raddus.

Without Raddus, it’s s paltry circle in deployment of which you have no capability to do anything with (like a fabled Nose Punch).

Scrambler is great against bombers, MC30s and Demolishers who are willing to headhunt your Flagship - and can potentially SAVE the use of Brunson against a different attack.  And you have the points.

I don’t have a lot of general strategy to stand on, but Interdictors- those I gave the hours with 🙂

I would much rather go with the g7 bc if that Demolisher is starting at speed 1 after nav, that means it will be forever before I get into range. I mean if I place it correctly than it should cover me enough. Also, I am super worried about Raddus😂 that guy is scary.

2 hours ago, Cleto0 said:

I would much rather go with the g7 bc if that Demolisher is starting at speed 1 after nav, that means it will be forever before I get into range. I mean if I place it correctly than it should cover me enough. Also, I am super worried about Raddus😂 that guy is scary.

And a smart opponent, knowing that, usually won’t bite the bullet and will instead give you 45-60 points on DT and deploy wherever they want outside the zone.  Additionally, given the occasional necessity of blocking BTA, I almost never build a Raddus bomb that worries about defense tokens.  Either it’s Lando Aspiration or a Liberty perfectly willing to eat a shot or two from a suboptimal arc.

Just now, Cleto0 said:

@The Jabbawookie yes, but hopefully I can keep away from Raddus as well and take minimal damage from him. Sure this means I won’t kill him, but I would try to win off of tokens or something. 

It's not impossible, but Raddus is specifically designed to engage on your opponent's terms.  That's the one thing he does.

I can't say whether you'll get better use out of the G7 than I do.  Last time I brought it I watched Leia just ignore it, making me wish I'd brought something more useful.  For me, targeting scrambler fits that description because it's often easier (barring Ackbar) to get close to an enemy than it is to make the speed zero zone work against an opponent with speed manipulation (Ozzel in either form, ETs, the aformentioned Leia) or a fleet that doesn't mind going slowly.  Personal preference, to a degree.

Just now, TheSoberPug said:

For my own fleets, why did you put Admiral Piett on the Interdictor rather then the Imperial 2 Class StarDestroyer (I’m just wondering because the Star Destroyer has more health)

Likely because the Interdictor title allows you to unexhaust a card. This means after you use Piett, you can unexhaust him and use him a second time.

@Cleto0 I personally would prefer Quad Battery Turrets or Slaved Turrets on the Arquitens to maximize your shot. Intel officer on the Arquitens would also really put pain on a token of your choice. Also I think XI-7s would be a better option for the ISD rather than spinals. Otherwise opponents will just redirect all your damage if they have large ships with lots of shields. 

I also feel like your fixation with countering Raddus is due to local meta?

11 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

I also feel like your fixation with countering Raddus is due to local meta?

No, Raddus is just everywhere and he is my bane. I have only beat Raddus once with a score of 10.

1 hour ago, TallGiraffe said:

QBT is always going to have a result though. 

Eh it has conditions though. Red with reroll is like ~.86 damage with a chance for double. Also acc is basically useless bc they can’t brace or they will be avengered.

1 hour ago, Cleto0 said:

Eh it has conditions though. Red with reroll is like ~.86 damage with a chance for double. Also acc is basically useless bc they can’t brace or they will be avengered.

Versatility will always have a use. Target the redirect on a cr-90. Evade on a gladiator or assault Frigate. 

2 hours ago, Cleto0 said:

Sure, but you have to be going slower than them and you don’t get a reroll when you want it! I could get an acc with 5 reds any day with rerolls.

If you spend a Confire token you can still reroll the blue mind you. Along with the 2 reds from krennic. Going slower than your opponent isn't too much of an issue honestly. You got hondo and a comms net to give nav/confire tokens.