Animewarsdude

Ships you feel should have a Ship Ability or Configuration

Ship Ability:

Armed and Primed - B/SF-17 Bomber

At the beginning of the end phase you may recover 1 Charge on a Bomb device upgrade. When you defend if you have an active Charge on a Bomb device upgrade change 1 Hit result to a Critical Hit result. 

Reasoning: To reflect the bomber as it was in the film both in terms of its large bomb capacity and its tendency to light up like a fire cracker. Alternatively I have a Configuration version below.

Configuration:

Advanced Gyroscopics - A/SF-01 B-Wing

Set Up: Add a mobile arc.

While your Mobile Arc is in your Left or Right Arc you MUST treat your Bullseye Arc as if it to the left or right of your printed Bullseye Arc in the direction of your Mobile Arc.

When you reveal your dial you may perform a free Rotate action.

Reasoning: To reflect the movement of the ship, and it would allow for some fun/different player choice and would make the B-Wing more likely use make use of HLC. With the timing I think you could even still use Advanced Sensors with the free action since it is 'when' rather than 'after' unless of course you were stressed. 

Extended Bomb Chute - B/SF-17 Bomber

(Closed)

Setup: Equip this side faceup. Add 2 Charges to Bomb device upgrades. 

Before you activate you may flip this card.

(Open)

When you would drop a device with the 1 Straight you may use the 2 Straight instead, if you do you may spend 1 Charge on a Bomb device upgrade to drop using a 1 Straight. While you defend if you have an active Charge on a Bomb device upgrade change 1 Hit result to a Critical Hit result. 

Before you activate if you have no active charges on a Bomb device upgrade you may flip this card. 

Reasoning: Mostly an alternative to ship ability above but again meant to reflect the same traits of it having lots of bombs and being vulnerable when dropping them but in this version I tried to reflect the carpet bombing aspect of the ship. 

Anyone else have any ships they wish had a ship ability or configuration? 

1. The Resistance Bomber has lots of bombs already, it has a white reload.

2. To the point of the thread ( I think, the crippling offset of the Resistance Bomber proposals makes me wonder if this was supposed to be a humor thread), for the Scurrg. I don't know about a name for it, but a Configuration that would replace the Crew slot for a Gunner slot and add a White Reload action at the cost of the Title.

3 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

1. The Resistance Bomber has lots of bombs already, it has a white reload.

2. To the point of the thread ( I think, the crippling offset of the Resistance Bomber proposals makes me wonder if this was supposed to be a humor thread), for the Scurrg. I don't know about a name for it, but a Configuration that would replace the Crew slot for a Gunner slot and add a White Reload action at the cost of the Title.

That still is only 1 charge recovered per round, and it is by far the most bomb laidened ship we've seen in the franchise. And it wasn't really meant to be a joke, more just to reflect that as soon as the bombs were armed, primed and ready to drop the ships lit up real quick; and if it were the configuration version nothing is really stopping you from trajectory siming bombs at the start with the chute closed and then doing a massive drop dropping two protons or bomblet bombs when they try to get behind you. Or if Vulture Droids get too comfy on their astroid perches you could drop two seismics to send them flying. 

24 minutes ago, impspy said:

Darth Vader's Prototype (combo Title/Config)

Add white boost->red evade linked action.

Enabling him, assuming Supernatural Reflexes, to Barrel Roll via SupNat then burn another point for a Lock or Focus (using his ability off the Barrel Roll) then Boost> Red Evade for his normal Activation Phase action at the total cost of 1 stress and 2 force. Interesting, and potent.

Edited by Hiemfire
wrote boost instead of Barrel Roll.

6 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

That still is only 1 charge recovered per round, and it is by far the most bomb laidened ship we've seen in the franchise. And it wasn't really meant to be a joke, more just to reflect that as soon as the bombs were armed, primed and ready to drop the ships lit up real quick; and if it were the configuration version nothing is really stopping you from trajectory siming bombs at the start with the chute closed and then doing a massive drop dropping two protons or bomblet bombs when they try to get behind you. Or if Vulture Droids get too comfy on their astroid perches you could drop two seismics to send them flying. 

The second one is actually pretty good, I just read both colored by the massive negative criticism of the film, that scene in general. As for Reload only returning one charge, device dropping and launching is not affected by disarm tokens, so if you're willing to sacrifice using your primarys for a few turns you can bomb continually. That is a big IF in most cases.

3 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

TIE Shuttle: TIE/sa Bomber Only. 0pt.

Adds 2 crew slots. Remove Torpedo, Missile, Missile, Bomb, Bomb, Gunner slots.

You may not equip crew upgrades costing 8pt or more.

Just as pointless as the majority of its life in 1st edition!

A Gamma with Squad Leader and Tac officer would be a decent (not great) 36pts Coordinate boat. 42pts with a Shield Upgrade added, though then you may want to just spend the extra point for a Lambda.

I keep thinking the B-Wing needs _something_ to make it a more attractive platform. But I'm not really sure what. Maybe something that lets you apply the effects of 2 control cannons with a single hit, or something? 

Also, weirdly, I miss the TAP title, even though I know that it's current linked actions are actually slightly better- and that not giving it the evade token for basically free is an improvement to the game overall. Nevertheless, I wish the TAP had a cool bit of text or config card or something. 

1 hour ago, player3010587 said:

TIE Shuttle: TIE/sa Bomber Only. 0pt.

Adds 2 crew slots. Remove Torpedo, Missile, Missile, Bomb, Bomb, Gunner slots.

You may not equip crew upgrades costing 8pt or more.

Just as pointless as the majority of its life in 1st edition!

What kinda' comment is this? The TIE Shuttle saw an honest good chunk of play.

RZ-1 A-wing

Configuration: Swiveling Cannon
You may add a rear arc to your primary weapon

E-wing

Configuration: E-wing: Type A
Your primary attack is reduced to 2.
Cost: -6

Configuration: E-wing: Type B
After making an attack, roll one Red die. On a Hit apply a Weapons Disabled token to your ship. On a Critical suffer one point of hull damage, and reduce your attack power by one.
Cost: -4

Configuration: Series IV
Your upgrade bar adds a tech icon.

B-wing

Configuration: Gunship
Remove your torpedo icon from the upgrade bar, and add an additional cannon icon.

B-wing

Configuration: B-wing/E2 (it doesn't appear this is a card yet)
Your upgrade bar adds a crew icon.

Y-wing

Configuration: BTL-A4 LP
Your upgrade bar adds a sensor icon.

50 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

I was surprised it didn't receive the change over as a config myself. Had allot of fun fiddling with squad designs with it as the core.

I can only imagine they didn't add it back so that they might add patrol gunship from Rebels that could serve as a budget crew craft. 

12 minutes ago, Ambaryerno said:

B-wing

Remove your torpedo icon from the upgrade bar, and add an additional cannon icon.

Does the B-Wing need 3 Cannon slots? 

13 minutes ago, Ambaryerno said:

RZ-1 A-wing

Configuration: Swiveling Cannon
You may add a rear arc to your primary weapon

I think it would be neat if they reflected the swivel guns as a pilot ability with the idea being that it was a modification they did to the ship with the arc being treated like how the RZ-2 treats its arc.

Considering the production model of the RZ-1 has been stated in the cross section to be the R22 it would be interesting if they could reflect it as seen in Rebels. 

27 minutes ago, Ambaryerno said:

B-wing

🤨 A third cannon slot? What 3 cannons would you slot in or are you hoping for a multi-slot that replicates the prototype's capability to be released in parallel?

10 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

This?

latest?cb=20150206153925

Exactly, it was used in the final season of Clone Wars and was reused in Rebels. It is space capable and the missiles would help set it apart from the Reaper and Lambda. Though considering the LAAT/i will come out at somepoint the Imperial gunship would likely be seen as a poor LAAT/i. 

Just now, Animewarsdude said:

Exactly, it was used in the final season of Clone Wars and was reused in Rebels. It is space capable and the missiles would help set it apart from the Reaper and Lambda. Though considering the LAAT/i will come out at somepoint the Imperial gunship would likely be seen as a poor LAAT/i. 

Had to web search it, the ship wasn't listed on Wookipedia… I wonder why.

B-Wing: 

Gyroscopic S-Foils (Open): After you fully execute a red maneuver, you must rotate your ship 90 degrees.

At the start of the Systems phase, you may flip this card. 

Gyroscopic S-Foils (Closed): When attacking, you must roll one less die. 

Basically, I wanted to play into the B-Wing's role as a knife fighter by drastically altering it's movements when using red maneuvers. 

36 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

a multi-slot that replicates the prototype's capability to be released in parallel

Absolutely not. The mini superlaser B-wing is an abomination.

It's a way to fit the B-wing's armament into something approaching the effects model. That thing has a TON of guns on it (four in the cockpit pod, at least two — possibly three. It's hard to tell exactly what the third barrel is supposed to be — in the main wing pod, and one each on the S-foils).

13 minutes ago, PhantomFO said:

B-Wing: 

Gyroscopic S-Foils (Open): After you fully execute a red maneuver, you must rotate your ship 90 degrees.

Gyroscopic S-Foils (Closed): When attacking, you must roll one less die. 

Basically, I wanted to play into the B-Wing's role as a knife fighter by drastically altering it's movements when using red maneuvers. 

Except unlike the X-wing, the B-wing's foils don't affect its engine placement as it does on the X-wing.

@Animewarsdude Scratch that, found it on Wookipedia too. LAAT/le Turret (Grr… nope, dual forward ball mounts called ball turrets in the entry), tail-gun, missiles, and a troop bay. If added I'm thinking 2 full front, 2 rear arc (just because there hasn't been a single ship in 2.0 with a F1 weapon yet), 2 Crew Slots, a Missile Slot, Gunner Slot and maybe a Sensor Slot. Half the size of a LAAT/I so small base. No listed numbers for speed... Transport... Hmm. Maybe:

4: Strt (r)

3: LBnk(w), Strt(w), RBnk(w), KTrn(r)

2: LTrn(w), LBnk(w), Strt(b), RBnk(w), RTrn(w)

1: LTrn(w), LBnk(b), Strt(b), RBnk(b), RTrn(w)

Looks interesting honestly and I prefer this image. :)

latest?cb=20160913053948

Edited by Hiemfire

13 minutes ago, Ambaryerno said:

(1)four in the cockpit pod,(2) at least two — possibly three. It's hard to tell exactly what the third barrel is supposed to be — in the main wing pod, and (3)one each on the S-foils

Just going off memory so not a 100% guarantee of what was there but as follows from Legends (what I remember from the old readouts):

(1) Auto-blasters; Short ranged, fast firing, wide spread.

(2) Triple Laser Cannon

(3) Each was an Ion Cannon

I wasn't questioning the in universe reason by the way, I was looking at it from a game perspective and what is available for the cannon slot right now. If taking multiple of a cannon had an special affect associated with it, like maybe allowing a re-roll or two, I could see packing in a pair of HLCs or ICs with a Jam Beam or Tractor Beam as a utility addition. But it unfortunately doesn't.

Edited by Hiemfire