Sign in to follow this  
Seastan

A Guide to Action Windows

@Seastan did an extraordinary job with the above resources, and I have absolutely no doubt that many people have already benefited from his lucid explanation—the examples in particular are gold.

I occasionally still see requests for an at-a-glance summary of the framework steps of an entire round, so, inspired by Seastan’s efforts, I distilled the Rules Reference charts (excellent, but not one-page) into a single page. It is similar to the main section of the old kaybee.org quick reference sheet—to its creator, Kirk Bauer, we should all be thankful forevermore—but that document was made in a pre-RR world and thus now has some minor inaccuracies.

I will try to keep this up-to-date if any future revisions to the rules should tweak things. A PDF link follows the jpeg. I hope some will find it useful. (And let me know if you find any errors, of course!)

action_windows.jpg

http://www.soritical.com/action_windows.pdf

I used this resource tonight. I learned a lot from it -- we had an immediate attack happen in the quest phase. We had Halbarad hero committed, but not exhausted, to the quest. He defended the attack, and in the action after declaring the defender, we readied him with elwings flight (since it was still during the quest). That helped us have an extra defender later while still securing Halbarad was ready before he dealt with the shadow (which may have targeted exhausted characters)