"Quickdraw"

Star Wars episode IX

They might show up as cameos like in Rogue One. They aren't going to be central to the plot. As much as the animated series have become much loved, translating to the big screen is going to be difficult.

That said, they did put Maul in with his TCW voice so I guess anything could happen, but that was still a cameo.

1 hour ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Actually, he's slightly older. Ezra was born the day The Empire rose. Luke and Leia were born at most 2-3 days afterwards.

So Ezra would be like 53 around VIII? Or something like that...

14 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Actually, he's slightly older. Ezra was born the day The Empire rose. Luke and Leia were born at most 2-3 days afterwards.

Officially 2 days.

Either way luke and Ezra would be the same age.

But I'd be wary of rumors as to content of the film. THe last few have shown the rumor mill is usually wrong.

On 11/26/2018 at 9:06 PM, "Quickdraw" said:

I haven't seen a topic about this, so what do you think of the recent news? (such as ezra appearing in the movie, and also padme)

Something most people don't care about seeing in the movies? Sure that will probably happen ;). 

3 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

Yep, rumours we're going around  before The Least Jedi hit cinemas that it was actually good.

The last post was made on Nov. 29th. It has been well over a week.

And here you are, a year after the film's come out, making the statement it isn't good.

Do you ever wonder why the Star Wars fandom is getting tired of you guys?

1 hour ago, FTS Gecko said:

...which would suggest to me a distinct lack of interest in Episode 9.  I wonder what we can attribute that to?

Oh my god.

I can't believe it. You're still on this. Just... Really sit back and wonder if it's actually worth it to continue complaining about a movie.

Please. Just, stand back and think for a moment. "Is my time better spent doing something that makes me happy, instead of focusing on something I hate?"

3 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Please. Just, stand back and think for a moment. "Is my time better spent doing something that makes me happy, instead of focusing on something I hate?"

To be fair, at this point one year after its release, I think that people that still focus on their hate of Episode 8, and feel the need to express it at every occasion, are actually doing it because they love to hate it and love the reaction it gets. Kinda like a Hipster syndrome.

My suggestion to you would be to just ignore them, unless you think that a good discussion can come out of it, which sadly is rarely the case but still can happen... from time to time. I don't think this one is though.

Edited by Red Castle

8 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

...which would suggest to me a distinct lack of interest in Episode 9.  I wonder what we can attribute that to?

That this is a seldom trafficked subforum on a website devoted to a miniatures game set in the Star Wars universe, and maybe, just maybe.. people come to the main forum to talk about the game, as opposed to other places which can discuss movies as their main focus?   

But by all means keep plotting this same course with your hyperbole drive. 🙄

I did just see an interview with Kevin Smith who just visited the set.. and seemed happy, but people will hate him too now because he went Vegan after his heart attack.   

12 hours ago, Red Castle said:

To be fair, at this point one year after its release, I think that people that still focus on their hate of Episode 8, and feel the need to express it at every occasion, are actually doing it because they love to hate it and love the reaction it gets. Kinda like a Hipster syndrome.

My suggestion to you would be to just ignore them, unless you think that a good discussion can come out of it, which sadly is rarely the case but still can happen... from time to time. I don't think this one is though.

The optimist in me wants to believe, you know? That somebody can stop hating something. That maybe, just maybe, they're letting their attachments get the better of them and they can see that, or maybe they can be broken of groupthink.

Sadly, not always the case as you say.

46 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

The optimist in me wants to believe, you know? That somebody can stop hating something. That maybe, just maybe, they're letting their attachments get the better of them and they can see that, or maybe they can be broken of groupthink.

Sadly, not always the case as you say.

One year after the release of the movie and they still can't let it go? I consider myself an optimist, but at this point that's just a waste of energy.

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about people that didn't like the movie, everyone can have their own opinion and I understand that there has been some decision made for the movie that doesn't please everyone. I'm talking about the people that feel the need, one year after the release of the movie, to remind everyone at every occasion that they hated the movie.... like a dog that barks every time someone knocks at the door... 

24 minutes ago, Red Castle said:

One year after the release of the movie and they still can't let it go? I consider myself an optimist, but at this point that's just a waste of energy.

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about people that didn't like the movie, everyone can have their own opinion and I understand that there has been some decision made for the movie that doesn't please everyone. I'm talking about the people that feel the need, one year after the release of the movie, to remind everyone at every occasion that they hated the movie.... like a dog that barks every time someone knocks at the door... 

I have one of those.

Your analogy is good.