Sign in to follow this  
player1303981

Akodo Kage and Contingency Plan

If I've adjusted the value of my honor bid with Contingency Plan, does Akodo Kage set the opponent's dial to match my dial or my current bid value? I'm assuming it sets it to your honor dial's value, but its vaguely worded enough that "yours" could also be referring to your honor bid.

Reaction: After honor dials are revealed for an honor bid, if your bid is lower than an opponent's and you are more honorable than that opponent – set that opponent's honor dial to be equal to yours.

The key phrase is "set that opponent's honor dial to be equal to yours".

"Yours" has to refer to your honor dial.
(But maybe someone with an English degree can jump in and use exact grammar definitions to explain 🙂 )

That's what I figured, but because the preceding statement refers to both your honor dial and your honor bid, I just wanted clarity for which it was going off of. If it went off of the honor bid, my follow up question would have been "If contingency plan sets your honor bid to zero, what do you set the opponents honor dial to?"

Edited by player1303981
Correcting my poor grammar

23 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Don't you get to activate reactions in the order that you want?  Then you could do Akodo Kage, followed by Contingency Plan, if that helps.

You do get to trigger your Reactions in your order, but once Kage sets the dial, the value can't be changed (because of the rules for "set").

23 minutes ago, Kakita Shiro said:

You do get to trigger your Reactions in your order, but once Kage sets the dial, the value can't be changed (because of the rules for "set").

Kage only sets your opponents value not yours, so you lock in the set value at whatever you actually bid you should than be able to play Contingency to raise or lower it and not effect the setting of your opponents dial.

Based on the RRG pg 3 (Bid Value)

"Bid Value
If the value of an honor bid is modified, resolve that bid as if the modified value is that player’s bid. The value of a bid may exceed five (the highest number on the honor dial), or may be reduced to zero.
◊◊ When the value of an honor bid is modified, the setting on the dial is not itself adjusted."

3 minutes ago, Schmoozies said:

Kage only sets your opponents value not yours, so you lock in the set value at whatever you actually bid you should than be able to play Contingency to raise or lower it and not effect the setting of your opponents dial.

Based on the RRG pg 3 (Bid Value)

"Bid Value
If the value of an honor bid is modified, resolve that bid as if the modified value is that player’s bid. The value of a bid may exceed five (the highest number on the honor dial), or may be reduced to zero.
◊◊ When the value of an honor bid is modified, the setting on the dial is not itself adjusted."

And the ruling from Tyler

"You may trigger Akodo Kage’s ability to reduce your opponent’s bid to be equal to yours (1), then play Contingency Plan to increase the value of your bid by 1.

You would therefore draw 2 cards and your opponent would draw 1 card (and you would give them 1 honor).

~Tyler Parrott
Card Game Developer
Fantasy Flight Games
tparrott@fantasyflightgames.com"