Sign in to follow this  
Vontoothskie

$30 for an Arc-170 seem crazy to anyone else?

Yeah it is a bit crazy but thats how the ship sizes seems to be going.

Small Base: $20

Medium Base: $30

Large Base: $40

But there have been a lot of package deals based off that logic. Lando falcon is a $40 expansion that has $60 of contents. Squadron packs cost $40 as well but come with $60 worth of ships. Same said for core set honestly.

When the K-wing, Rebel Arc, Punisher, Scurrg, and Kimo are rereleased again we will be getting a few more gut punches.

It's in line with ig/silencer prices, sadly

So not necessarily crazy, esp given that they're roughly 33%+ of a list and come prepainted (contrast with basically every other mini game)

But yeah it's getting more expensive and that's not fun

Still, I got absolutely no knowledge of pricing for these things so idk what's going on financially. Seema everything in 2nd Ed packs is more $$$ relative to first Ed 

Medium ships before they were medium ships (first edition) were always $10 more here in Aus. Was that not a thing in the States?

e.g. Punisher, Scurrg, ARC-170 and K-wing were all $35AUD in first ed, and the smaller ships were $25AUD

Edited by BVRCH

3 minutes ago, BVRCH said:

Medium ships before they were medium ships (first edition) were always $10 more here in Aus. Was that not a thing in the States?

e.g. Punisher, Scurrg, ARC-170 and K-wing were all $35AUD in first ed, and the smaller ships were $25AUD

Well in USA dollars a X-wing was $15 while say an Arc-170 was $20, so yeah a little difference.

Just now, hawk32 said:

I'll bet you all you want... I get paid to teach economics.

Nice to know, doesn't mean **** other than the prices they set are near their estimated ceiling of what they think they can afford to charge over what they are having to pay for the production and transportation of the product.

Just now, KiraYamatoSF said:

Well in USA dollars a X-wing was $15 while say an Arc-170 was $20, so yeah a little difference.

Ok then. The difference would just be our rubbish conversion rate plus the extra shipping costs we incur.

So did second ed ships not increase in cost in comparison to first ed?

Because the $50AUD price for an ARC-170 is exactly in line with everything we've seen. I don't understand the objection on ARC pricing, but acceptance of the Firespray's identical cost.

Just now, Hiemfire said:

Nice to know, doesn't mean **** other than the prices they set are near their estimated ceiling of what they think they can afford to charge over what they are having to pay for the production and transportation of the product.

You missed the part in your response where you explain how a "trade war" is escalating prices.

BTW, the bolded is the most important part, and any cost increases in production are basically irrelevant.  They'll charge the price point that maximizes profit...

1 minute ago, hawk32 said:

You missed the part in your response where you explain how a "trade war" is escalating prices.

BTW, the bolded is the most important part, and any cost increases in production are basically irrelevant.  They'll charge the price point that maximizes profit...

You're implying that is independent of overhead. Keynesian or Marxist? 

Just now, Hiemfire said:

You're implying that is independent of overhead. Keynesian or Marxist? 

You're implying those are the only 2 schools of economic thought.

Let's return to your original claim: that prices are increasing due to a trade war.  cite your evidence.

Just now, hawk32 said:

You're implying those are the only 2 schools of economic thought.

Let's return to your original claim: that prices are increasing due to a trade war.  cite your evidence.

No there are more than two schools of economic thought, but your implication of pure greed on the part of FFG leads me to lean to those two being most likely as where you reside.

My original statement was I was reserving judgement since I do not know where our little pretty ships are being manufactured and what our country's current trade relations with them are. A trade war would increase prices...

1 minute ago, Hiemfire said:

No there are more than two schools of economic thought, but your implication of pure greed on the part of FFG leads me to lean to those two being most likely as where you reside.

My original statement was I was reserving judgement since I do not know where our little pretty ships are being manufactured and what our country's current trade relations with them are. A trade war would increase prices...

Assume your worst case scenario, and show how a trade war would justify 25-33% price increases in ever single country they sell to.

15 minutes ago, BVRCH said:

Ok then. The difference would just be our rubbish conversion rate plus the extra shipping costs we incur.

So did second ed ships not increase in cost in comparison to first ed?

Because the $50AUD price for an ARC-170 is exactly in line with everything we've seen. I don't understand the objection on ARC pricing, but acceptance of the Firespray's identical cost.

Costs did increase small ships were $15 with larger ones like the ARC-170/Starviper were $20 with the base price for small ships now jumping to $20 and large ships went from $30 to $40 now. People are finding exception to the ARC-170's price increase because it jumped up $10 with the only perceived difference being a new paint job and a medium/large ship peg being glued to the model rather than 1.0's small peg. 

Just now, hawk32 said:

Assume your worst case scenario, and show how a trade war would justify 25-33% price increases in ever single country they sell to.

Would you rather it not be spread out and focused on, lets say, only product going into your country (if it was the one in the hypothetical trade war) shifting the 25-33% upwards to a 50-66% increase there? The "secondary market" would just love that... How long do business that operate internationally last when that happens?

1 minute ago, Hiemfire said:

Would you rather it not be spread out and focused on, lets say, only product going into your country (if it was the one in the hypothetical trade war) shifting the 25-33% upwards to a 50-66% increase there? The "secondary market" would just love that... How long do business that operate internationally last when that happens?

Ok, so assuming the price increase is being spread out... show me the cause of that increase.

4 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

Costs did increase small ships were $15 with larger ones like the ARC-170/Starviper were $20 with the base price for small ships now jumping to $20 and large ships went from $30 to $40 now. People are finding exception to the ARC-170's price increase because it jumped up $10 with the only perceived difference being a new paint job and a medium/large ship peg being glued to the model rather than 1.0's small peg. 

But it still increased exactly as all the other ships did. The Firespray set the precedent for medium base expansions cost. The volume of content in both packs is almost identical. The Slave only received a repaint as well. How is the ARC-170 any different? 

4 minutes ago, hawk32 said:

Ok, so assuming the price increase is being spread out... show me the cause of that increase.

It would be primarily focused in materials, fuel, labor, export fees manufacturing end, and in-port fees our end. Depending on location and political issues, materials and fuel will also be subject to the same in-port and export fees. Materials are both what the product itself is made from and what is required for the processing of the product material.  While large production volume can mitigate this to an extent, some production methods can't cope with volumes large rapidly enough to fully offset the increases, and the demand for the level of volume of the product (pretty little ships) may not be high enough to justify the increase in storage expenses much less the increase in production. FFG could have always dropped the quality of the materials used in what they are selling, like Galoob did with it's collectables miniatures (the Micro Machines line of Star Wars and Star Trek minis went from pretty good to absolute crap over the course of couple of years) a couple of decades back, but I find it doubtful FFG would like to risk the hit to its image doing so would result in.

Supply and demand.Firespray isnot in as great need. generally, you will likely only see someone get it for boba fett effect or the "cool value." Not to mention you see the older ones for sale online for dirt cheap. 

Now you see a whole new fleet coming out with only a very very limited variety of ships available to it and you see a greater "need" with less availability. Only stands to reason they would charge more. at least while the "need" is high.