Sign in to follow this  
voltagejim

Downforce vs Formula D?

Looking for a different kind of board game and these 2 caught my eye.  Both are Indy car type racing games, and look fairly unique enough that I would try them out.  Question is, which is the better one?  Looks like Formula D has tons of expansions which for me may not be good with my OCD and needing to buy every expansion for every game I get.  Downforce looks like it has 1 expansion right now.  Anyone played these?

I’ve played formula de. Really liked it, seemed a bit random but there was still plenty of strategizing, along with a fair amount of risk management. Getting a bunch of different tracks for it definitely seemed necessary though, just playing on the same boards a bunch would probably get old. 

Am not familiar with the other one. 

On 11/25/2018 at 5:52 PM, Forgottenlore said:

I’ve played formula de. Really liked it, seemed a bit random but there was still plenty of strategizing, along with a fair amount of risk management. Getting a bunch of different tracks for it definitely seemed necessary though, just playing on the same boards a bunch would probably get old. 

Am not familiar with the other one. 

I'll second all of this (or maybe I'm fourth by now).  I've played Formula De, and really like it.  Simple enough to play with kids, complex enough to keep adults engaged.