voltagejim

Got my Empire conversion kit, missing sever pilots!

27 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

I hope we will get Hobbie at some point but that be a point against him

Dude.  You can get cut in half in Star Wars and get work in sequels. .  .

Well, Evaan and Dutch are technically Scarif pilots since they both participated in that battle too.

Was she the one that ion bombed the ISD?

9 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Dude.  You can get cut in half in Star Wars and get work in sequels. .  .

Was she the one that ion bombed the ISD?

Maybe if you have the force but if you are generally treated as a generic pilot...

No, that was Wona Goban. The visual guide just mentions that Evaan was there so she flew as Gold 3 in both the Battle of Yavin and Scarrif. 

Wona

500?cb=20170326204007

Evaan

499?cb=20160718131335

1 hour ago, Animewarsdude said:

They didn't really retcon a pilot but rather an entire continuity. I don't think Keyan even exists at this point, even if I hope he will be added back to the B-Wing when it is rereleased.

Keyan must exist as much as Maarek Stele does. Both belong to the same series of games and existed nowhere else than there.

50 minutes ago, Azrapse said:

Keyan must exist as much as Maarek Stele does. Both belong to the same series of games and existed nowhere else than there.

Technically neither exist in the new canon. At present they only exist in Legends material as much as we might prefer otherwise. 

7 hours ago, Animewarsdude said:

Technically neither exist in the new canon. At present they only exist in Legends material as much as we might prefer otherwise. 

Nothing exists in the new canon until it does.
They have been adding old ships, names, and stuff to the new canon non-stop, although with different backstories and ties to the lore.
I'm pretty sure there is, or eventually will be, a Keyan Farlander guy that did something somewhere some time. Perhaps not the same thing, or not even the same faction, but most of them will come back sooner or later.

It doesn't really matter, does it?
It has never stopped FFG from releasing something, often using their non-canonical RPG or Imperial Assault prebuilt character names, Legends ships like the gunboat, and even entirely made up ships like the Raider. Then soon after someone at LFL used those things for some show, license, or publication and bam, back to canon.

15 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

Or not.

The Rebel Y-Wing has seen both its Con Kit and it's 2.0 blister, and it is still at a lame collection of pilots.  Where are all the Episode IV pilots?

what possible value could “I got Dutch killed because I can’t fly” and “it came from behind “ bring to the game?

10 hours ago, Animewarsdude said:

They didn't really retcon a pilot but rather an entire continuity. I don't think Keyan even exists at this point, even if I hope he will be added back to the B-Wing when it is rereleased. Heck, I just found out today that Hobbie in the new canon dies at Hoth by crashing into a downed AT-AT rather than going on to do all the stuff he did in the old EU. I hope we will get Hobbie at some point but that be a point against him, as well as there being lots of X-Wing pilots already thanks to Saw's rebels, though I guess his one plus is that he was in Rebels. 

Well, Evaan and Dutch are technically Scarif pilots since they both participated in that battle too.

Not just any ATAT. Veers ATAT. Hobbie kills Veers. I really dislike this part of the new canon.

12 hours ago, GuacCousteau said:

The Z-95 doesn't really represent a pattern or standard either.

We have 2 data points, and they are both showing that the new packs do not have new content compared to the conversion kits. It's a pattern. Like anything in science, we can only have theories based on available data, and the available data 100% support the "Re-release do not have additional content" theory.

Until more data contradicting this theory comes out, pretending that anything else is the truth is akin to the behavior of climate deniers. If new data that does change the facts come out, I will admit that the initial theory was wrong.

Edited by NilsTillander

3 hours ago, NilsTillander said:

We have 2 data points, and they are both showing that the new packs do not have new content compared to the conversion kits. It's a pattern. Like anything in science, we can only have theories based on available data, and the available data 100% support the "Re-release do not have additional content" theory.

Until more data contradicting this theory comes out, pretending that anything else is the truth is akin to the behavior of climate deniers. If new data that does change the facts come out, I will admit that the initial theory was wrong.

Wave 1 has 6 ship with new content that was not planned when the convertion kits were designed.

That drops down your "Re-release do not have additional content" to 25%.

4 hours ago, NilsTillander said:

It's ******* hilarious that you would choose to mention science here (like it's at all relevant anyway) because, no, by very definition 2 data points does not represent a pattern. 

It cannot. By the sheer mechanics of how these things work you need at least 3 data points before you can devise a relationship or pattern, which is to say absolutely nothing of the true scientific processes of things like assembling an appropriate sample size or the 'six sigma' idea of testing repeatedly until your data is within acceptable limits to six standard deviations. 

There is not enough data to support anything either way at the moment. We simply have no idea what FFGs plans for the release expansions are. 

What we do have is a lot more ships that follow the 4 named pilots, 2 generics than anything else. What we do have is the recognition that the TIE Striker saw 100% of its 1e content brought into 2e, and that all of that content was in the conversion kit. What we can also see is that the B-Wing, A-Wing and TIE Interceptor very specifically did not have all of its 1e content brought through, and in the case of the Interceptor it is significantly less.

Therefore, the two circumstances are already not similar.

4 hours ago, NilsTillander said:

Until more data contradicting this theory comes out, pretending that anything else is the truth is akin to the behavior of climate deniers.

Is this.... is this the new Godwin's Law?

What an absurd thing to say.

It's not like that at all

Scepticism of unverified claims is the very basis of scientific principle. Climate change denial is ridiculous because we have decades of research, countless studies, peer reviewed published papers, metastudies independently validating the studies themselves and an entire scientific community in nearly unanimous, vocal agreement.

You have pictures of two plastic spaceships in boxes. And absolutely nothing else. There's nothing at all wrong with doubting the validity of any sort of conclusion drawn from such ridiculously little information.  

The real problem is the lack of information and what seems like a poor marketing strategy in every way on the part of FFG.
It seems that they themselves do not know where the game is going.

4 hours ago, NerroSama said:

Wave 1 has 6 ship with new content that was not planned when the convertion kits were designed.

That drops down your "Re-release do not have additional content" to 25%.

Well, everything was in the kits in the end, baggy or not. This is closer to put the number to 8 out of 8 than anything.

2 hours ago, GuacCousteau said:

by very definition 2 data points does not represent a pattern.

True, but you said pattern first. Also, now its 8 points as I was reminded by NeroSama.

19 hours ago, GuacCousteau said:

The Z-95 doesn't really represent a pattern or standard either

Scepticism of unverified claims is the very basis of scientific principle

That why I am skeptic to your claim :

19 hours ago, GuacCousteau said:

They're definitely getting new pilots in their standalone releases. 

The amount of data points I have make my claim weak, but the strongest currently backed by anything else than feeling like it should be otherwise. And as I said :

7 hours ago, NilsTillander said:

If new data that does change the facts come out, I will admit that the initial theory was wrong.

Is this.... is this the new Godwin's Law?

I guess ;) I just wanted to put the speculations aside, use whatever revealed examples as a starting point and came up a bit strong. I was railed up by Fox News a few minutes earlier, sorry.

7 hours ago, NilsTillander said:

It’s still reasonable to assume that there will be new cards coming with future rereleased ship packs just based on what we got from Wave I. All the Tie Striker and Scum Z95 pack proved was that not all released ships will get new toys like we initially assumed.

Having said that though this argument is pointless to me because I know for a fact, being an FFG artist, that there will be new stuff coming for old ships, just not for all of them.

19 minutes ago, NilsTillander said:

True, but you said pattern first

Yyyesss... specifically I used the word to say there wasn't a pattern. You even quoted me.

I'm... confused how you seem to have misunderstood that. 

That why I am skeptic to your claim :

Be as sceptical as you like, it's an opinion. Nothing more. 

The basis for it has very little to do with what current expansions have in common with the conversion kit and far more with the ships in question being conspicuously light in content compared with first edition, being popular movie ships that have featured in a lot of media and being light on named pilot numbers vs all similarly popular movie ships in wave 1. 

FFG have already said that future releases might well contain content not in the conversion kits. Lando's Falcon was a wave 1 ship that came with two generic upgrades not in the conversion kits and Afterburners was found only in the core set and Fang. 

Where else do you think we might see this new content if not popular movie ships with very few pilots currently?

The amount of data points I have make my claim weak, but the strongest currently backed by anything else than feeling like it should be otherwise.

No, no, no. That's not how this works.

Claims don't get to be the strongest by default. The absence of any directly counter evidence does not automatically make an argument valid if its premise is inherently faulty. 

A **** argument is a **** argument, regardless of whether or not there's an alternative. 

I guess ;) I just wanted to put the speculations aside, use whatever revealed examples as a starting point and came up a bit strong. I was railed up by Fox News a few minutes earlier, sorry.

Here's a tip: next time you want to use an analogy, don't use one that might imply the person you're talking to is a climate change denier. They might have a scientific background and take it somewhat personally. 

2 minutes ago, Wraithdt said:

Having said that though this argument is pointless to me because I know for a fact, being an FFG artist, that there will be new stuff coming for old ships

🙌

Edited by GuacCousteau

8 minutes ago, Wraithdt said:

Having said that though this argument is pointless to me because I know for a fact, being an FFG artist, that there will be new stuff coming for old ships, just not for all of them.

****, insider info 😉

8 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

Here's a tip: next time you want to use an analogy, don't use one that might imply the person you're talking to is a climate change denier. They might have a scientific background and take it somewhat personally. 

Yeah, I know, I would also feel insulted, I repent. Again, sorry. 

8 hours ago, FlyingAnchors said:

what possible value could “I got Dutch killed because I can’t fly” and “it came from behind “ bring to the game?

Because it's a game about STAR WARS.  That is the only justification needed.

I'm not here for a lame *** perfect meta.  I'm here because this game is about my favorite imaginary world.

5 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

Because it's a game about STAR WARS.  That is the only justification needed.

I'm not here for a lame *** perfect meta.  I'm here because this game is about my favorite imaginary world.

I’m Not talking gameplay perspective or meta viability, I’m talking lore. 

Dutch is Gold leader, right? Yet it’s Pops who pulls ahead and starts barking orders at Dutch. Poor Tiree was along for the ride, so I can see him being added, but I have a personal vendetta against Pops for clearly disobeying direct orders from a squad leader.(I mean in all fairness he should be added, I just won’t be happy about it. Guess who my sacrificial lamb is going to be in that list? Certainly not Dutch.) ;)

On 11/25/2018 at 10:24 AM, voltagejim said:

****, I'm gonna have to spend almost $200 to convert every faction, plus epic conversion, PLUS get the new core set...

Its almost as if 2.0 is pretty much an entirely different game, but with the same models and similar mechanics as 1.0! 

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:04 PM, Darth Meanie said:

I would have liked to have seen Tiree finally in the game, as well as Pops.  Plus some other pilots from the Battle of Scarif.

Wait, so have you bought into 2nd edition now then Meanie?

1 hour ago, FlyingAnchors said:

I’m Not talking gameplay perspective or meta viability, I’m talking lore. 

Dutch is Gold leader, right? Yet it’s Pops who pulls ahead and starts barking orders at Dutch. Poor Tiree was along for the ride, so I can see him being added, but I have a personal vendetta against Pops for clearly disobeying direct orders from a squad leader.(I mean in all fairness he should be added, I just won’t be happy about it. Guess who my sacrificial lamb is going to be in that list? Certainly not Dutch.) ;)

Ooooooooo.......narrative play.

Won't that be nice.🤣