Ancient Silverback

Valdr

Valdr has a strange ability. Dealing +2dmg to a flank creature seems of very marginal value to me. 

He can kamikaze into something really big or kill a 5 power creature with 3 armor and live to tell the story. 

Apart from that, the ability seems mostly useless. 

Unless I missed something. 

7 hours ago, Ancient Silverback said:

Valdr has a strange ability. Dealing +2dmg to a flank creature seems of very marginal value to me. 

He can kamikaze into something really big or kill a 5 power creature with 3 armor and live to tell the story. 

Apart from that, the ability seems mostly useless. 

Unless I missed something. 

You haven't faced Sanctum yet? Valdr is a god against armored Knights.

13 hours ago, Poposhka said:

8 damage is “useless” now? Man you must have a pretty awesome deck. :D

In most scenarios, that I faced so far, it didn't make a difference, if I dealt 6 or 8 to the opposing creature. And Valdr usually dies, when fighting a big creature. I would rather have an 8 power creature or something like a 4 power creature, that gets 2 power markers, when fighting a flank creature. 

6 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

Yeah the ability is very low return. There are ver6 few creatures she can't kill with 6 dmg that she can kill with 8, buffs notwithstanding. Most common hp profiles are 5/0 or less, and 4/2 afaik.

Earthshaker, King of the Crag, Mugwump (while at +1/2), Tireless Crocag, Troll, Overlord Greking, Truebaru, Ether Spider, Tunk, Zorg, Champion Anaphiel, Champion Tabris, Francus, Lady Maxena, Lord Golgotha, Sanctium Guardian, a whole bunch of characters when next to Bulwark, Bigtwig, Mushroom Man (at one forged key). Those are all creatures you could kill with 8, but not with 6 power. And I didn’t count upgrades, artifacts or actions that apply.