Ryfterek

FO Conversion Kit news from SOS Gdańsk

So, being probably one of the few poles not attending the event right now and therefore having abundant free time to spare, I'm going to leave you guys with the translation of the new cards we got to see at the event, where the polish kits are already being sold. The original gallery you can find here. Here we go. Some might have already been spoiled in sources I didn't encounter before:

TECH

• Advanced Optics
    When you attack, you can spend a focus token to change one of your blank results to a 💥
  • Pattern Analyzer
    After you fully execute a red manoeuvre, before the check difficulty step, you may perform one action.  
  • Targeting Synchronizer - (Req.: Lock)
    When a friendly ship in range 1-2 performs an attack against a ship you have locked, it may ignore lock requirement(s)
  • Biohexadecimal codes - (Req.: FO, Lock)
    When you perform a coordinate or jam action, you may choose the ship you are locking, ignoring range restrictions. If you do, spend your lock on that ship.

FORCE

TIE/SF

• "Blast" - I4
    While you perform a primary attack 💧,  if the defender is in your  (🔺), roll one additional attack die

TIE/FO

• "Muse" - I2
    At the beginning of the combat phase, you may choose 1 friendly ship at range 0-1. If you do, that ship removes 1 stress token. 
  • "Void" - I0 (!!!)
    While you are not damaged, treat your initiative value as if equal to 7.

UPSILON SHUTTLE

• Cpt. Cardinal - I4 - 2 () (Two charges)
    When a friendly ship with the initiative value lower than yours performs an attack or defends in range 1-2, if you have at least 1 active (), this ship may reroll one of its 🌀 results.
    When a friendly ship at range 1-3 is destroyed, lose 1 ().
  • Lt. Tavson - I3 - 2 ()^ (Two charges, recurring)
    When you are dealt damage, you may spend () to perform an action.
  • Officer Thanisson - I1 - 1 ()^ (One charge, recurring)
    During the activation phase or the combat phase, if a ship in your (🔻) at range 0-2 gains a stress token, you may spend 1 (). If you do, that ship gains a tractor beam token.

TIE SILENCER

• "Eclipse" / "Blackout" - I5
    While you perform attack, if it's obstructed by an obstacle, the defender rolls 2 fewer defence dice. - Shout out to @nexttwelveexits for pointing out that I've missed it initially.
  • "Recoil" - I4
    While you are stressed, you may treat ships in your (🔻) at range 0-1 as if they were in your ( [] ) [bullseye] arc.
  • "Avenger" - I3
    When another friendly ship is destroyed, you may perform one action, even if you are stressed.

CONDITION CARDS

• I'll show you the Dark Side
    Just like it was in 1.0, but now you know it for sure.
Edited by ryfterek
Fixed known card name

Just now, thespaceinvader said:

Gimme dat pattern analyser for my quads.  if that's not 5+ points...

Yay, Tugboats being even more annoying as **** is what we were definitely looking forward to in Wave II...

1 minute ago, thespaceinvader said:

E: TS is goign to be stupid on Resistance torp ships.  ProTorps really need a points increase.

Or does it really? Well, maybe by a point, alright. Shouldn't it rather be that the Targeting Synchronizer should cost a fair price? Another thing is, more often than me or my opponents decide to spend their locks while torpin' because 4 dice still can blank awfully bad time to time.  

7 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

The only one that disappoints me I think is the ISYTDS condition. The only pilot crit that’s really worth it is panicked pilot.

I think ISYTDS was too oppressive in 1.0, and in 2.0 a pair of stress tokens is a pain to deal with, and also Blinded Pilot can be a nasty option, and also also it still puts damage through shields. Should be fairly powerful.

20 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

TIE/FOs have a rear arc now? Thats what "Blast's" ability seems to indicate, what is the water drop supposed to represent?

That looks like Backdraft for the TIE/sf.

edit - pretty sure it is Backdraft. Misplaced in the OP, maybe?

edit edit - Also spoiled: Blackout.

"Eclipse" (Silencer, ini 5, aka "Blackout")

When you make an attack that is obsructed by an obstacle, the defender throws 2 fewer defence dice.

Edited by nexttwelveexits

16 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

TIE/FOs have a rear arc now? Thats what "Blast's" ability seems to indicate, what is the water drop supposed to represent?

Looking in the gallery linked above, it seems clear that 2 of those pilots are SFs, and Vold is an FO. 

4 minutes ago, nexttwelveexits said:

That looks like Backdraft for the TIE/sf.

edit - pretty sure it is Backdraft. Misplaced in the OP, maybe?

2 minutes ago, Jhiriit said:

Looking in the gallery linked above, it seems clear that 2 of those pilots are SFs, and Vold is an FO. 

Okay, if it is a misfiled sf then that would mean the water drop is turret arc and the ability makes sense, Backdraft with a SF Gunner is going to have a consistently nasty bite.

Muse is a TIE/FO, the name is pretty close in Polish and the ability matches.

Edit: I'm not sure about Blast, but the ability is Backdraft's per the card images. The water droplet is primary turret attack.

Edited by dsul413

Terribly sorry, everyone who pointed out the I4 TIE pilot made no sense on FO were right of course, it's an SF pilot. For the name, 1.0 Backdraft was left untranslated to PL. This pilot got a name translated to polish for 2.0 and I've translated it back to "Blast" but no idea if it's what our translation began from. It might just happen to be "Backdraft".

Fixed the list now. 

Some of the upsilon pilots have really, really interesting abilities. I'm excited.

• Cpt. Cardinal - Interesting because it has to be lower initiative than him at 4, as he would be best with a couple stout aces. Maybe some of the generics or lower initiative aces will work well with him. I feel like TIE/FOs may get popped pretty quick for Cardinal to be effective beyond the opening two rounds of engagement.
  • Lt. Tavson - Some real action economy here to work coordinates with teammates, set your own heavily modified shot up, or jam the opponent.
  • Officer Thanisson - Similar to the effect that we've seen from Sloane and quadjumpers, this can really mess with how people will make their decisions.
  • Major Stridan - Same old same old. Really extends the effects of your abilities out. 
  • Lt Dormitz -  Alpha strike setup? Especially with some of the new cards, could have a big impact on early engagements.
Edited by dsul413

10 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Eh, still seems general hux is the only "...huh!?!??" card of the faction. Dude seems obscene

Hope you can stack him with 3 sf

A bunch of cards that aren't terribly broken? Say it isn't so! (I'm just playing. I agree, there aren't a lot of "holy crapola thats crazy" cards, but there is a nice selection of thematic elements.)

Should be interesting to see how points go for this faction.

Edited by dsul413

Targeting Synchronizer is a bit odd in this faction. No torpedoes, and only one ship with missiles, which likely won't take them? Although, if the ship is cheap and the gunner is expensive, it might make sense to bring a bunch of them and give them all Homing Missiles.

Or maybe the FO will get a missile slot?

4 minutes ago, Okapi said:

Targeting Synchronizer is a bit odd in this faction. No torpedoes, and only one ship with missiles, which likely won't take them? Although, if the ship is cheap and the gunner is expensive, it might make sense to bring a bunch of them and give them all Homing Missiles.

The TIE/sf has missiles and the TIE/vn has torpedoes.

26 minutes ago, Okapi said:

It's not there for this faction, it's there because it's there in Resistance.

21 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

The TIE/sf has missiles and the TIE/vn has torpedoes.

Do we know the latter for sure?

11 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

It's not there for this faction, it's there because it's there in Resistance.

Do we know the latter for sure?

Alex mentioned on stream one of the benefits of not having slots on the cards was their ability to fix things when disney shows off new capabilities.  He used the striker bombs and silencer torps as examples.

6 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

Eh, still seems general hux is the only "...huh!?!??" card of the faction. Dude seems obscene

Hope you can stack him with 3 sf

We don’t know points but I doubt he will see much if any play. He only goes on an expensive crew carrier and is likely an expensive crew if his 1.0 version is anything to go by. The only way you are getting 3 other ships in a list with him is if they are 2 attack dice ships. 

The ability honestly isn’t even that good really, it’s better than 1.0 because you can do all sorts of action, but worse because all ships gain a stress. 

It feels way too much like a one trick gimmick, especially at the price. 

The first order faction will boil down to Kylo, Quickdraw and whatever you can put with them. Everything else is way too fair. They are pretty much Rebels without all the options. 

3 minutes ago, DodgingArcs said:

We don’t know points but I doubt he will see much if any play. He only goes on an expensive crew carrier and is likely an expensive crew if his 1.0 version is anything to go by. The only way you are getting 3 other ships in a list with him is if they are 2 attack dice ships. 

The ability honestly isn’t even that good really, it’s better than 1.0 because you can do all sorts of action, but worse because all ships gain a stress. 

The first order faction will boil down to Kylo, Quickdraw and whatever you can put with them. Everything else is way too fair. They are pretty much Rebels without all the options. 

Stress will largely matter in this case if the Upsilon activates after what it coodinates. If it activates before the ships it is coordinating they can dump the stress with their maneuvers.

1 hour ago, DodgingArcs said:

In a faction where the basic fo gets two-turn blues, stress hardly matters 

He's a three-in-one coordinate, which is ridiculous action efficiency

Only issue is cost