Lord Ashram

Uh, soooo... I thoroughly enjoyed Solo

2 hours ago, Lord Ashram said:

Watched it Thanksgiving evening, with the family now out of town for three days and thoroughly inebriated… So maybe was just the freedom of the moment and the endless turkey sandwiches, but I really enjoyed it 🙂

So did most people who actually went and saw it. 

1 minute ago, Forgottenlore said:

So did most people who actually went and saw it. 

Own it, daughter loves it, I am having a hard time sitting through most of it (doesn't hold my attention and annoys the **** out of me for allot of the time when I am able to focus on it).  Does that mean its bad? Nah. Just that I don't like it.

4 minutes ago, RedLeader23 said:

L3 was a bit annoying at times and it would’ve been great if they’d have added that deleted scene where Han flies a TIE/rb. But overall it was a really good movie and in my opinion definitely beats episodes 1 and 2.

L3 was a little much, but the droid riot was hilarious. Good bit of physical comedy. 

I liked it way way more than Episode 8, as if that's hard!😁 But seriously, it was pretty good. Not great, but solid. Donald Glover as Lando was great and I loved all the nods to the EU Lando series. Alden was pretty good as Han as well, better than I expected. I was a little disappointed in the end when Han just gave the coaxium to Enfys(seemed out of character although I guess the alternative was dying so maybe not so out of character) Speaking of Enfys, a) she should have just been a pirate. We already have Rebels to show how the rebellion started, we didn't need her to be a rebel wannabe. And b) it would have been a nice touch if Enfys had been Tobias and Val's daughter. Val and Rico were cool characters who could have used more screen time. Have them die on Kessel or something. I really like Tobias. It sucked he has to die, although I agree with it. Overall, I really like the movie. It is another example that Disney can make good stories while set in the OT era, but when they try to make new era stuff, it sucks. 

I thought it was a bit boring when I saw it in theaters, not bad just sort of didn't leave a huge impact on me. The only thing that I really disliked was L3, and then there were a few things that were a little bleh but overall it was fairly decent and likely far better than it had any right to be considering all the crap going on behind the scenes. I agree they should have kept the Han flying a Tie scene, and just didn't try to hard sequel bait the film with Maul. I'm glad that you and anyone who saw the film enjoyed it, though. :)

21 hours ago, Sekac said:

L3 was a little much, but the droid riot was hilarious. Good bit of physical comedy. 

She very much was, but yea the little droid revolt was entertaining. 

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:30 PM, RedLeader23 said:

it would’ve been great if they’d have added that deleted scene where Han flies a TIE/rb

Intrigued. Is that how he gets kicked out of the flight academy or part of the Kessel Run sequence?

1 minute ago, Robin Graves said:

Oh you can like Solo. The last jedi on the other hand... ;)

The only thing that made me sad was how Solo got his name. They should have come up with something better.

I liked both The Last Jedi and how he got his name - a middle management go nowhere shmuck who thinks he’s witty..  it was fun and fitting.

58 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

IMHO, the biggest problem with Solo is that it came out in like May, rather than now-ish.  Folks hadn't had enough time to miss Star Wars, and be hungry for the next one.  And I say this as someone who absolutely loves TLJ.

Agreed. Less than 6 months after The Last Jedi, and close to Infinity War. A December release probably would have gotten a better box office.

I have some complaints with it, but they're overshadowed by how much fun Solo was.

On 12/6/2018 at 7:31 PM, Robin Graves said:

Or he should have gotten it from a packet of butter. :)

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor solo butter

He drank so much at a party that he lost his memory. He was awakened by the authorities a few days later on a completely different planet. When they asked him his name, he checked the cup he was still somehow holding to see if he'd written his name on it...

Image result for solo cup

And the rest is history.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:39 AM, Demon4x4 said:

This is the scene that should have never been cut out.:rolleyes:

Well every fan has to have their Disney $tar War$ film that they don't like. Some people don't like Rogue One, a lot of people didn't like TLJ although I didn't find them half bad. For me it is Solo, the film version didn't do the character justice it was too side story and other unnecessary things (like this is how he got his last name) and otherwise just blah as mud. But that is my opinion. I was hoping to see Han as a cadet in the imperial academy only to my disappointment that it was a cut scene. But it isn't surprising given the plagued production of this movie and the many changes of the senior staff. This was the one movie that made me question Disney's plan to have an annual $tar War$ movie.<_<