Sign in to follow this  
rawbean

Missing/skipped product numbers - truncated Wave 2?

Many people have pointed out how odd it seems that Wave 2 seems very light on ship expansions (in particular for the First Order who only get one!) and I noticed something odd about the product codes that might shed some light. Here are all the X-Wing 2.0 products matched to their product codes:

SWZ01 - X-Wing Second Edition Core Set
SWZ02 - Saw's Renegades Expansion Pack
SWZ03 - TIE Reaper Expansion Pack

(These last two aren't listed on the X-Wing 2.0 product page but if you look in the Empire and Rebel Quick Build reference lists you can see these 2.0 product codes assigned to the Reaper pilots and Saw's Renegades X- and U-Wing pilots.)

SWZ04 - Lando's Millennium Falcon Expansion Pack
SWZ05 - Dice Pack
SWZ06 - Rebel Alliance Conversion Kit
SWZ07 - Galactic Empire Conversion Kit
SWZ08 - Scum & Villainy Conversion Kit
SWZ09 - Rebel Alliance Maneuver Dial Upgrade Kit
SWZ10 - Galactic Empire Maneuver Dial Upgrade Kit
SWZ11 - Scum & Villainy Maneuver Dial Upgrade Kit
SWZ12 - T-65 X-Wing Expansion Pack
SWZ13 - BTL-A4 Y-Wing Expansion Pack
SWZ14 - TIE/ln Fighter Expansion Pack
SWZ15 - TIE Advanced x1 Expansion Pack
SWZ16 - Slave 1 Expansion Pack
SWZ17 - Fang Fighter Expansion Pack

(Wave 1)

SWZ18 - First Order Conversion Kit
SWZ19 - Resistance Conversion Kit
SWZ20 - First Order Maneuver Dial Upgrade Kit
SWZ21 - Resistance Maneuver Dial Upgrade Kit
SWZ22 - RZ-2 A-Wing Expansion Pack
SWZ23 - Mining Guild TIE Expansion Pack
SWZ24 - ??
SWZ25 - T-70 X-Wing Expansion Pack
SWZ26 - TIE/fo Fighter Expansion Pack

(Wave 2)

SWZ27 - ??
SWZ28 - ??

(Possible dropped from Wave 2 or non-wave content?)

SWZ29 - Servants of Strife Squadron Pack
SWZ30 - Sith Infiltrator Expansion Pack
SWZ31 - Vulture-class Droid Fighter Expansion - {Probably a typo but the only time 'Pack' is omitted from the name on the product page}
SWZ32 - Guardians of the Republic Squadron Pack
SWZ33 - ARC-170 Starfighter Expansion Pack
SWZ34 - Delta-7 Aethersprite Expansion Pack
SWZ35 - Separatist Alliance Maneuver Dial Upgrade Kit
SWZ36 - Galactic Republic Maneuver Dial Upgrade Kit
SWZ37 - Z-95-AF4 Headhunter Expansion Pack
SWZ38 - TIE/sk Striker Expansion Pack

(Wave 3)

So what do you reckon got delayed/skipped? More FO or Resistance re-releases? Extra Rebel and/or Imperial ships to match the Mining TIE that Scum got? The TIE Brute from Solo?

Edited by rawbean

hmm. hopefully at least one additional re-release FO ship would've been in there for the sake of variety. Would be really nice if there were maybe a pair of squadron pack's, one each for both FO and Resistance that they haven't told us about yet. FO could be the Silencer flanked by a pair of SF's, and the Res could be Poe's Black One with a couple red RZ-2's. That probably wont happen in the coming wave, but I can dream.

Awesome catch @rawbean

19 minutes ago, Giledhil said:

Hope that's our classic fighters. Tie bombers, interceptors, Awings and Bwings better join the rerelease schedule soon.

If they aren't the missing ones from this spread, then let's hope they are featured front and center for Wave 4 announcements.

I really really hope that FFG ignores the order 1.0 released things and just gets these 4 ships out ASAP, preferably with at least a small increase in available pilots. A-wings need it so they can be aces again, and the interceptor needs it so that Imperials can field more of them than just Soontir or Saber aces who we honestly don't see much of. B-wing pilots are alright and Tie Bombers are solid, but who doesn't love a little more variety?

1 hour ago, Tyhar7 said:

Well I'm hoping FFG are holding back some new ship releases.

Resistance could do with a dedicated cheap support ship. The transport pod from TLJ would do.

I'd prefer the Intersystem transport that they have in the upcoming Disney park expansions rather than the one from the films but if they were to do the Resistance Transport I would hope it would be like the Scum Falcon and have it so you could field it either as the full transport or the pod as a cheaper option. 

1 hour ago, Marinealver said:

Well unless it is the huge ships coming to 2nd edition, I am guessing likely ships that have already been released in 1st edition now coming to 2nd edition (which also includes huge ships ;))

That would make a good bit of sense. Epic is supposed to be returning, and Epic did typically do releases between waves rather than as part of them. It would be pretty cool if there were suddenly 2 or more epic ships released at the same time. Never got that in 1.0.

I know speculation about missing product numbers have happened in the past, but what normally happens? Do they normally show up eventually? I vaguely recall at least one never showing up. What do we think are the chances for these?

15 hours ago, Hippie Moosen said:

hmm. hopefully at least one additional re-release FO ship would've been in there for the sake of variety. Would be really nice if there were maybe a pair of squadron pack's, one each for both FO and Resistance that they haven't told us about yet. FO could be the Silencer flanked by a pair of SF's, and the Res could be Poe's Black One with a couple red RZ-2's. That probably wont happen in the coming wave, but I can dream.

Awesome catch @rawbean

Thanks. :)

10 hours ago, Marinealver said:

Well unless it is the huge ships coming to 2nd edition, I am guessing likely ships that have already been released in 1st edition now coming to 2nd edition (which also includes huge ships ;))

I hadn't considered Epic. for what it's worth, I've no firm basis for lumping SWZ27-28 in with Wave 2. It's possible only SWZ24 was a missing Wave 2 candidate (say a FO ship to at least hit parity with Resistance) and 27-28 could be between-wave releases like the Epic ships used to be.

5 hours ago, Arkanta974 said:

Scum Squadron pack, Resistance Squadron pack and First Order Squadron pack. Everyone faction have now their "core set"

I'm sure they'll come eventually, but the Wave 3 Squadron packs actually look like they overlap the Conversion Kits much more closely than they do the Core, so I think they're there to bring parity with the converted factions as much as to help new players start out. I reckon once there's enough new upgrades and content not in the conversion kits the first five factions will get Squadron Packs to bring them back up to date with the new upgrades/mechanics/obstacles - this would make first Conversion Kits and then Squadron Packs the way FFG keeps you from needing to buy out of faction for upgrades and content.

Edited by rawbean