Sign in to follow this  
Bobloblah

Designer Series Volume 1 Book

I'm pretty sure the answer is no. That said, most of the problems have been addressed via erratta on the website and several forum strings. In my opinion, the book is recommended due to the interesting scenarios and the various game designer insights.

Bazookajoe said:

<snip>...most of the problems have been addressed via erratta on the website and several forum strings. <snip>

Thanks for the reply!  I'm actually aware of the errata and have seen a number of the forum strings.  However, if there's one thing I really can't stand, it's stopping in the middle of reading the rules, setup, whathaveyou for a boardgame, and then having to say, "Oh, wait!  No, no, no...those are all wrong.  Just substitute this map and these four different paragraphs..."

Typos are one thing, errors like in the Designer Series are something else.  I'm guessing from the general lack of response after this many views of this thread that you are probably correct.  I wonder if anyone from FFG could comment on whether or not there is ever any intention to fix a future printing of the book...

Actually the book was updated. I just got into the game 2 months ago and bought the entire product line. The designer series book I have has all the errata corrections fixed. That was nice to discover. In addition, my base game also had none of the misprinted cards mentioned in the back of the rule book.

Good to know some of the errors where my fault so i'm glad thier fixed. also i'm glad that sevral of you think so highly of the designers scenarios it was fun playing them as they came in

BJaffe01