grokssilk

KeyForge Quiz #7 - what are everybody's thoughts?

16 minutes ago, Artedil said:

Erikson => escandinavian => brobnar

ah right - from the description of the clans in the rulebook -> Brobnar, "Vanhalla", etc. - cool I can see Brobnar as the 3rd house

but what about the name of the deck tells us that the other 2 houses are Dis and Sanctum? maybe "Raider" -> Sanctum's "Raiding Knight"... but Dis?

or maybe that's not how it works, maybe all 3 houses aren't represented in the generated name?

I haven’t seen a million different decks yet, but from what I have seen each archon’s color corresponds to one of its houses / house icons. I could be mistaken, but if I’m not then it would probably be Mars. 

Untamed is a potential runner up, but having searched for decks with the term ‘raider’ in them it would seem the vast majority are partially Brobnar, and with few exceptions those that don’t have Brobnar do have Mars. 

Edited by WonderWAAAGH

16 minutes ago, WonderWAAAGH said:

I haven’t seen a million different decks yet, but from what I have seen each archon’s color corresponds to one of its houses / house icons. I could be mistaken, but if I’m not then it would probably be Mars. 

Untamed is a potential runner up, but having searched for decks with the term ‘raider’ in them it would seem the vast majority are partially Brobnar, and with few exceptions those that don’t have Brobnar do have Mars. 

interesting, I hadn't really considered how the color might be generated from the houses

man idk - I am really leaning towards Brobnar re: Eriksson... but I don't know how to get Dis or Sanctum out of the rest of the name (unless you're not supposed to)

I’m not sure how best to describe it, but Mars also has this nebulous American founder / explorer sub-theme. “John Smyth” is quite obviously a reference to the Jamestown settler. Zyzzix the Many is a slightly less obvious, though no less overt, reference to the town of Zzyzx California, so named by its founder to be alphabetically last in the phone book (back when such things mattered). Eriksson could easily be a reference to Leif Erikson as the first known European (alien?) to have explored North America, rather than his Scandinavian roots. 

Edited by WonderWAAAGH

If you use the KeyForge website, the name Eriksson always has Brobnar as one of the houses, and if we are trying to be specific, I believe the one card in Brobnar that all of the decks with Eriksson in the name have in common is "Warsong" card 018.

However, strangely enough, I can't find a correlation with the word "Raider".

4 hours ago, grokssilk said:

kf01_puzzle_7.png

This one has stumped me so far... any ideas?

Totally made up rationale:

The figure resembles a Sanctum Knight from the Samurai crest down to the two-blades sword.

Raider = Dis, they raid the overworlds

Eriksson = Brobnar, which is all about giants, a very Norse mythology group. 

13 hours ago, WonderWAAAGH said:

You can see the green back in the image has no "green" house. I thought card had a correlation between those colors and the back of the card, too. Just don't seem to be the case. As for the quizz... Raider reminds me about barbarians and or invaders, so Brobnar, Dis and Mars. People are pointing out the Eriksson etymology... Would be fascinating if they made that kind of connections to the deck names.

Resultado de imagem para keyforge decks

45 minutes ago, Mushra93 said:

You can see the green back in the image has no "green" house. I thought card had a correlation between those colors and the back of the card, too. Just don't seem to be the case. As for the quizz... Raider reminds me about barbarians and or invaders, so Brobnar, Dis and Mars. People are pointing out the Eriksson etymology... Would be fascinating if they made that kind of connections to the deck names.

Resultado de imagem para keyforge decks

Am I the only one who was desperate for 'The One that Totally Prefers Aliens' to contain no Mars!?