Jump to content
Zabov

Shadow self

Recommended Posts

Nope

FIGHT

When a player uses a creature to fight, the player exhausts the creature and chooses an opponent’s creature. Both creatures deal an amount of damage equal to their power value to the opposing creature in the fight, and both are “fighting” for the purposes of card effects.

Edited by dpuck1998
pic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dpuck1998 said:

Nope

FIGHT

When a player uses a creature to fight, the player exhausts the creature and chooses an opponent’s creature. Both creatures deal an amount of damage equal to their power value to the opposing creature in the fight, and both are “fighting” for the purposes of card effects.

Sorry, what is your incredibly rude, "Nope," referring to?  If you think Shadowself deals damage you're incorrect.  If you're answering the OP your rules quote makes no sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Zabov said:

Ok I was confusing fight with combat, considering "fight" as "attack".

I hear ya, I had to look it up to confirm because I know you don't get to use a 'fight' ability when you are 'defending' so it is a little confusing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, dperello said:

Sorry, what is your incredibly rude, "Nope," referring to?  If you think Shadowself deals damage you're incorrect.  If you're answering the OP your rules quote makes no sense.

I think his quote makes perfect sense. He definitely states the defending creature fights and so is considered for the purposes of cards effects which in this case means Shadow Self text. In other words: it is defending so it is fighting; it is fighting so it makes no damage. That's what I understood from his post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ovinomanc3r said:

I think his quote makes perfect sense. He definitely states the defending creature fights and so is considered for the purposes of cards effects which in this case means Shadow Self text. In other words: it is defending so it is fighting; it is fighting so it makes no damage. That's what I understood from his post.

Yup, you're right.  I was admittedly in a bit of a mood, and this habit that some people have of starting a post with a singular, "Nope," finally got to me. :)

I guess some either don't realise how rude that comes across, or just don't care.  I don't know, maybe I just need more sleep...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not like it was an all caps NOPE with seven or eight exclamation marks. I just as easily see "nope" as a shrug and quick "nope."

What you think is rude, dood, isn't what everyone sees. However, you are trying to engage in some passive aggressive tone policing that is not helpful.

(Also, everything after the Nope makes perfect sense as he's directly quoting the rules in regards to OP's question.)

And on-topic, Ether Spider has the same effect as well (not dealing damage.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 12:41 PM, dperello said:

Sorry, what is your incredibly rude, "Nope," referring to?  If you think Shadowself deals damage you're incorrect.  If you're answering the OP your rules quote makes no sense.

Seriously?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would assume so as Shadow Self just shifts damage. Elusive prevents damage the first time attacked so zero would transfer. You may be better just attacking the Shadow Self twice in most cases though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Penguin UK said:

Here's a question though...

 

If I fight an elusive creature with Shadow Self, is its elusive 'used up' for the turn and then I can attack it with something else to damage it?

 

Yes. Elusive only states that the first time a creature is attacked it is dealt and deals no damage.

So even though shadow self deals no damage while fighting it still fullfilled elusives trigger condition of “attacking” and thus elusive would be used up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...