Xiervak

Now that we have Rogue One...

On 11/20/2018 at 3:36 PM, aniron said:

Also hopeful for Hoth rebels, but I suppose they could do a corps out of Saw's partisans if they want to keep the Rogue One theme going. Maybe the more ruthless flavours of insurgent won't fly with Disney though.

if we get Tog'Nath models for Benthic and Edrio Two-Tubes I will genuinely cry of joy

I doubt that it will happen (maybe waaaay later down the line) but they could use the partisans to intruduce mutually exclusive subfactions with a keyword like the following one:

Partisan (This model/card may not be included in the same army with a unique card or model which doesn't have this keyword)

The Advantage of it would be, that it might prevent some unwanted overpowered synergy, if design space is much larger and harder to overview. But again it would only make sense at a much later point of the game.

Really hoping they opted for Imp Kallus (minus the cunning hat) ve. The turncoat version... But if they want to go for the Inquisitor first that's fine...

Hopefully they start getting better sculpts soon... It's really disheartening when I jump from a really prime IP to GW stuff and compare the quality. Legion comes up majorly short to the grimdark in that department.

1 hour ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

Hopefully they start getting better sculpts soon... It's really disheartening when I jump from a really prime IP to GW stuff and compare the quality. Legion comes up majorly short to the grimdark in that department.

The quality of some character models is rather bad, Hans everything, Leias face, Palps walking stick and pointy finger etc

10 minutes ago, Xiervak said:

I come from the land of Star Wars Miniatures, so all this Legion stuff looks like da Vinci's work in comparison
Star Wars: Dark Times #17 501st Legion Stormtrooper (C)

He's in disguise.

By making his armour look like a poorly made forgery, this Stormtrooper can bypass the Rebels unnoticed as they will assume its another Rebel wearing an excessive amount of papier mache.

15 hours ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

I love Legion minis. GW has been suffering from "too much of a good thing" slowly over the past 20 years. Everything that used to aesthetically differentiate the factions is gone and the models don't work well as game pieces.

Besides: In the grim darkness of the far future, the sales department writes the rulebooks.

14 hours ago, Xiervak said:

I come from the land of Star Wars Miniatures, so all this Legion stuff looks like da Vinci's work in comparison

That game got progressively worse figures with each release for some reason.

14 hours ago, DarkTrooperZero said:

The quality of some character models is rather bad, Hans everything, Leias face, Palps walking stick and pointy finger etc

Synergy between characters seems set to imbalance the whole game soon. So those poorly sculpted people might need to be houseruled out of the weekly experience anyways.

Edited by TauntaunScout

9 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

Synergy between characters seems set to imbalance the whole game soon. So those poorly sculpted people might need to be houseruled out of the weekly experience anyways.

How so?

5 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

How is that fair to another player when it is FFG's sculpt you don't like? I know it'd be a house rule, but its a dumb one

I don't care about the sculpts but everyone else seems to. But if/when the movie heroes imbalance the game, it's time to just stop playing with them in normal day to day games.

4 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

I don't care about the sculpts but everyone else seems to. But if/when the movie heroes imbalance the game, it's time to just stop playing with them in normal day to day games.

I thought it was about the sculpts so I apologize.

I don't think that the movie heroes will imbalance the game. Currently you're limited, once a second operator comes out, to four of them. With how powerful activation are, putting quite probably three quarters of your army into four units seems like a bad move

17 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

I thought it was about the sculpts so I apologize.

I don't think that the movie heroes will imbalance the game. Currently you're limited, once a second operator comes out, to four of them. With how powerful activation are, putting quite probably three quarters of your army into four units seems like a bad move

Maybe. We'll see. Or it might be Herohammer all over again.