Kayten9

Some cards questions

Hi there , here are some cards i have a question about, could you please tell me what you think about all this.

275875909_logos.TwinBoltEmission.jpg.64b859fa0652437a7adc9385e81a9fb7.jpg for this one, if my opponent has only one creature and I have some, Do I have to deal 2 damage on one of my creatures after I have done 2 damage on the opponent's creature ?

975598409_Logos.PocketUniverse.jpg.ae0f84242bd1da84842c2d5974628580.jpgfor this one, let's say that there is 2 aember on it, and this is my opponent that have this card in play, if I destroy it, does the 2 aember go to his pool, or to mine like " capture ".

1089591807_Logos.WildWormhole.jpg.d0934a39031ebc119d085afb6b97b8b5.jpgfor this one, let's say that the card that is on top of the deck is a card that you can't play ( an upgrade when there is no creature for example). where does this card go ? ( it stays on top of the deck, hand, discard ? )

287358070_logos.ExperimentalTherapy.jpg.a73406305a262c685502a34ab8bb91e1.jpgfor this one, I would like to know if you can use it on a a creature already exhausted and/or stun? ( also, can you use it on opponent's creature ? In general, can we use upgrade cards on opponent's creature ? )

295582842_shadow.BaitandSwitch.jpg.b306cf2b20e5748457871a58241ecdab.jpgfor this one, I would like to know if you reapeat only once, or 3-4-5 times, untill your opponent as the same amount of aember than you or less.

1857865966_shadow.Boodytrap.jpg.a9121f5d1a11baf9b588298fcaf12feb.jpgfor this one, Does the card means that you deal 4 damage to a creature that is not on a flank then 2 damage to one creature next to it, or  4 damage to a creature not on a flank then 2 damage on the left and on the right creature.

1121397903_Mars.YxiloBolter.jpg.fe8f3eefbaa16803d0575364dbb6d7cf.jpgfor this one, it's quite like my first question, if I reap with it, do I have to deal 2 damage on one of my creatures if my opponent doesn't have any creature.

234420984_Mars.UxlyxtheZookeeper.jpg.02093b713d7daa06dfc279fff532ed29.jpgfor this one, if I put an oppoent creature in my archive, and this creature have a " destroyed " effect, does this destroyed effect triggers or not ? ( Well I guess its not destroyed it just leaves the game but I wonder ).

Thank you for your help, sorry if it's a little bit to big :/.

Twin blast: yes you must damage your creature. 

Pocket universe: amber on an ARTIFACT when destroyed is lost to the general pool unlike creatures. 

Wild wormhole: If the top card can’t be legally played, it remains on top of the deck. Remember if you play this and the opponent has a creature you must play the upgrade on his creature if you have none

Experimental: yes you can. It’s not a cost. And yes you may play it on opponents 

bait: do it as many times as you need. 

Bolter: yes you must fulfill the request unless it says “may”

Zookeeper: creatures in archives aren’t considered to have been destroyed

Edited by Poposhka

Yes on damaging your own creatures.  "When resolving a card ability, resolve as much of the ability as can be resolved, and ignore the rest."

Pocket universe is not the same as capturing, we have played that this Amber is destroyed with the card, as nothing indicates it should go back to the player's pool.  "Captured Æmber is taken from an opponent’s Æmber pool and placed on a creature controlled by the capturing player. Players may not spend captured Æmber. When a creature with Æmber on it leaves play, the Æmber is placed in the opponent’s Æmber pool."

Creatures cannot become "stunned" again or double exhausted.  You can still play that card on them, but it would have less of an effect.  "While a creature is stunned, it cannot become stunned again."

Repeat effects like bait and switch keep occurring until they no longer can (hence why this card is so good).  "If card text instructs players to repeat an effect, the entirety of the effect resolves again including the text to repeat the effect."

Splash damages both neighboring cards. "When an ability deals damage to a creature “with splash damage,” the splash damage is dealt to each of the target creature’s neighbors."

Not sure on the rest.

Thank you a lot for your answers, I have a last question about Pocket universe, I am not sure to understand if the aember is destroyed or if it goes to the general pool.

And in the case that it goes in the general pool, does it means that it goes to mine if I play that.1199965131_Dis.Poltergeist.jpg.31d3e4cf3716c284c0813f578ef2a631.jpg tank you again

If you play poltergeist on pocket universe and use it, you must place 1 Amber from your pool on it. 

Then, you must destroy pocket universe and ALL amber on it is LOST to the general pool - not yours and not your opponents.  

Twin Bolt Emission:  Yes if there is a second valid target you must do the second damage even if the second valid target is only your own.

Pocket Universe: As far as I’m aware no, the aember would return to the general pool.

Bait and Switch: Yes the “If your opponent still has more aember than you repeat this effect” is part of the effect and thus repeated as many times as necessary until they don’t have more aember than you. Not this is also not limited by the rule of six.

Booby Trap: This means you must target a creature not on the flank (has creature to both sides of it), it suffers the primary damage then the creatures adjacent to it suffer the secondary damage, ie the “splash”.

Yxilo Bolter: Yes, a general rule of thumb means if a card effect does not say “may”, then you must do it if capable.

Uxlyx the Zookeper: No, a card is only destroyed if it suffers damage equal to its power or a card effect says to destroy it.

Poltergiest: Don’t know why you’d ever do this (unless your opponent had a lot of aember stored on pocket universe) but effectively it would let you use pocket universes action, putting one of your aember on it then it would destroy it. So it would let you take that artifact away from your opponent but you’d also loose the aember. Aember is never destroyed it’s just put back into the general pool (ie out of the game until earned).

41 minutes ago, TwitchyBait said:

Bait and Switch: Yes the “If your opponent still has more aember than you repeat this effect” is part of the effect and thus repeated as many times as necessary until they don’t have more aember than you. Not this is also not limited by the rule of six.

Why? Rule of Six is the exception to the Golden Rule.

This is from the rule book:

THE RULE OF SIX

Occasionally, a situation may emerge in which, through a combination of abilities, the same card may be played or used repeatedly during the same turn. A player cannot play and/or use the same card and/or other copies of that card (by title) more than six times during a given turn.

10 minutes ago, sabrjay said:

Why? Rule of Six is the exception to the Golden Rule.

This is from the rule book:

THE RULE OF SIX

Occasionally, a situation may emerge in which, through a combination of abilities, the same card may be played or used repeatedly during the same turn. A player cannot play and/or use the same card and/or other copies of that card (by title) more than six times during a given turn.

Normally I’d agree with you as that’s how I originally thought it applied however it’s specifically mentioned in the FAQ that the effect repeating itself is not what the rule of 6 is referring to.

Pg24, “Note repeating an effect does not interact with the rule of six (page 7), as the rule of six only applies to playing or using cards, not triggering their effect multiple times.”

In other words if you somehow can play the card more than 6 times such as playing multiple of the same creature then bouncing them back to your hand then doing it again or being able to ready the same creature enough to use it more than 6 times it would be restricted but a triggered effect has no such limit as you are not playing or using it.

Edited by TwitchyBait

6 minutes ago, TwitchyBait said:

Pg24, “Note repeating an effect does not interact with the rule of six (page 7), as the rule of six only applies to playing or using cards, not triggering their effect multiple times.”

ahh, I missed that. Thanks!