Redblock

Point cost of Delta 7

2 minutes ago, prauxim said:

Ewings probably not the best comparison

Delta 7's dial is only missing the 1 straight and has an integral White 1 Bank when compared to the E-Wing's. The Force costed linked action (Delta 7's ship ability) is a stress less mimic of both the Ewing's linked to Lock and the Starviper's linked to Focus with the possibility of being a stress less linked to Evade depending on what purple actions turn out to be (in addition to replicating the A-Wing's and Interceptor's reposition abilities). We're looking from different angles and coming to roughly the same conclusion, mid to high 50s.

2 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Delta 7's dial is only missing the 1 straight and has an integral White 1 Bank when compared to the E-Wing's. The Force costed linked action (Delta 7's ship ability) is a stress less mimic of both the Ewing's linked to Lock and the Starviper's linked to Focus with the possibility of being a stress less linked to Evade depending on what purple actions turn out to be (in addition to replicating the A-Wing's and Interceptor's reposition abilities). We're looking from different angles and coming to roughly the same conclusion, mid to high 50s.

Was just mentioning the Ewing is currently priced outside of being competitive, so its point cost isn't super reliable, whereas FFG likely has explicit plans that the 7Bs is priced competitive.

I won't be surprised at all if, after learning what the Windu evade does, 7B turns out to be strictly better than Ewing AND cost less. 

That being said, I don't think Ewing are over-costed by 11pts, so I do agree overall with you logic, and just wanted to add Starvipers as another datapoint.

1 minute ago, prauxim said:

Was just mentioning the Ewing is currently priced outside of being competitive, so its point cost isn't super reliable, whereas FFG likely has explicit plans that the 7Bs is priced competitive.

I won't be surprised at all if, after learning what the Windu evade does, 7B turns out to be strictly better than Ewing AND cost less. 

That being said, I don't think Ewing are over-costed by 11pts, so I do agree overall with you logic, and just wanted to add Starvipers as another datapoint.

Starvipers made a good reference point. The Delta 7 is shaping up to possibly be an any role fighter with every thing it can do. The 7B giving it more bite.

image.png.048983c2b79a3e15d2de3dcb99fb849b.png

We get another hint to the Delta-7 costs with this image floating around. You see the edge of the yellow threat 2 level for the basic Jedi Knight on the threat card, which suggests it will probably be about 50 points minus whatever upgrades it has. Which given that the basic non-unique quick build ships tend to have fewer upgrades places us in the 40 to 50 point range. My guess is still in the middle with the quick build card having a single upgrade (probably a force power).

We can also see Mace Windu has the 7B upgrade with 5 other upgrades including what looks like 2 Force Talents at the 4 threat level. Not sure what that says without knowing the other upgrades, or being able to read the Force Talents.

27 minutes ago, mcintma said:

I see ‘ boucliers ameliores’ there which is probably shield upgrade, even though it looks like the force power symbol

Just now, UndeadCrusader said:

Force is more white, like more full, this is double mod, Shield Upgrade and afterburners for Mace

Oooh I can see it now. Weird how much that looks like an inverted-colored force symbol.

Still probably just Quick Build shenanigans, but imagine 2 mod slots on these things? The 7B config taking one up would mean so much less.

Just now, SpiderMana said:

Still probably just Quick Build shenanigans, but imagine 2 mod slots on these things? The 7B config taking one up would mean so much less.

I have been thinking about it having 2, would be great, strong but I don`t thing it would be OP. But Mace in there.... 3 mods, 7B, shield, AB. That is crazy. 

7 minutes ago, UndeadCrusader said:

I have been thinking about it having 2, would be great, strong but I don`t thing it would be OP. But Mace in there.... 3 mods, 7B, shield, AB. That is crazy. 

Remember 7B is a configuration, but not a mod. Also, quick build cards tend not to follow slot rules when it comes to mod slots (and sometimes pilot talents and crew/gunners).

1 minute ago, GeneralVryth said:

Remember 7B is a configuration, but not a mod. Also, quick build cards tend not to follow slot rules when it comes to mod slots (and sometimes pilot talents and crew/gunners).

Oh, I mistook that for Calibrated Laser Targeting the config+mod for Delta-7, my bad. There is small chance it would get 2, but atlas we know it has 1 mod. that can work well too. 

I don't speak French, but I'm going to guess that "postcombustion" is Afterburners, meaning Windu can spend two force token to boost and barrel roll, and still have his normal action.

How many shields does a 7b normally have?  I'm not sure I like how tough this thing is getting, that shield upgrade seems unthematic!

Edited by mazz0

Well

Delta-7  2/3/3/1

Delta-7b 3/2/3/3

in lore, 7b is different in astromech placing, allowing full-size instead of integrated. It was bigger and thicker than standard D7. I expected to have 2 models, but it having similar role, same pilots and everything would be pointless to have. 7B should have more hull not shields but there things were together with Eta-2 custom to the needs of a Jedi, some had more weapons, others had more shields, hyperdrive. You had the chassis and made it whatever you wanted it to do. Afterburners, shield upgrade... this ship is more likely to have any upgrade in contrary to like imperial ships which were all made the same and almost no mods in them.

15 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

You think FFG would have been given a pass if it wasn't tough? They kind of had no choice in the matter.

I don't think Windu's performance in a fighter will matter to most people, since he wasn't in one that much in Clone Wars.  I reckon it'll be Akanin, Obi Wan, Ahsoka, Mask Face and Boob Lady that people care about.

1 minute ago, mazz0 said:

I don't think Windu's performance in a fighter will matter to most people, since he wasn't in one that much in Clone Wars.  I reckon it'll be Akanin, Obi Wan, Ahsoka, Mask Face and Boob Lady that people care about.

Mace Windu has a very large and loud cult following. FFG or Disney could put him at the helm of a stock heavy freighter and they'd raise **** if it couldn't spin on a dime. There is a logic to his personal fighter being a very tough cookie in the Quick Builds, and Shaft's fan base is part of that (that it took Anakin and a full blown Sith Lord to take him out is another).

17 minutes ago, ObiWan said:

Has anyone translated the text on Obi-Won’s pilot ability from that French release picture?

Yup. When a friendly ship at r0-2 gains a focus token (I think--might require them to do the action), Obi can spend a force point to give said ship another focus token. You can find a more exact translation in the thread(s) regarding the Republic/CIS EPTs.

11 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Yup. When a friendly ship at r0-2 gains a focus token (I think--might require them to do the action), Obi can spend a force point to give said ship another focus token. You can find a more exact translation in the thread(s) regarding the Republic/CIS EPTs.

Thanks!

i'm french do you need any translate? for me the purple action is purple and i hope the purple actions have a different effect: for evade by exemple spend a force token like an evade token, because there isn't an evade token with the delta-7 expansion. For obi-wan i agree it's when a friendly ship at range 0-2(obi-wan himself) spend a focus token, you can use a force token to the ship regain a focus token. it's powerfull but i think obi-wan and anakin haven't 3forces charge, because maul and vador can because they are the only pilot with the force, and sith aren't so many. and luck hasn't 3 forces, like rey and ben solo(i said it!)

22 hours ago, alwen said:

i'm french do you need any translate? for me the purple action is purple and i hope the purple actions have a different effect: for evade by exemple spend a force token like an evade token, because there isn't an evade token with the delta-7 expansion. For obi-wan i agree it's when a friendly ship at range 0-2(obi-wan himself) spend a focus token, you can use a force token to the ship regain a focus token. it's powerfull but i think obi-wan and anakin haven't 3forces charge, because maul and vador can because they are the only pilot with the force, and sith aren't so many. and luck hasn't 3 forces, like rey and ben solo(i said it!)

Merci Monsieur! We love our Frenchmen ah ha ha! 

I appreciate your confirmation of ObiWan’s ability. 

To the community at large, any guesses on the v19 point cost. It seems like it will be the cheap swarm like ship for the republic, like the z95 is for the rebels and scum, or the basic tie for the imperials and FO. 

It seems comparable to the z95. Give up two shields For 3 extra Hull, neither have a ship ability, the v19 has a worse dial but presumably more upgrade slots, including a cannon. So I’m hoping to see them from the mid 20’s to the mid 30’s

Edited by ObiWan

10 minutes ago, ObiWan said:

the v19 has a worse dial but presumably more upgrade slots, including a cannon.

🤨 It is armed with blaster cannons and missiles, the Z-95 has laser cannons and missiles (no cannon slot). I'm curious about your source for the Torrent having the ability to equip heavier cannons than it already has (IE the current in game cannon slot upgrades of Tractor Beam, Jamming Beam, Heavy Laser Cannon and Ion Cannon).