KCDodger

The Resistance: A faction overview in progress.

3 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

It has its uses. Back on topic, the bomber is (not counting boosts) as quick in the straight as an X-Wing. Add 1 to the template for total distance. It's issues are going to come down to turning, obstacles, and large hit box. It can, with certain upgrades, throw 5-7 red dice a turn at a single target. 7-9 if the named pilots have talent slots. If it has a sensor slot toss in traj sim prot bombs and or seismics as well. The thing has the potential to be one nasty hammer of a ship.

Perfect. That's precisely what I want it to be.

2 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

It has its uses. Back on topic, the bomber is (not counting boosts) as quick in the straight as an X-Wing. Add 1 to the template for total distance. It's issues are going to come down to turning, obstacles, and large hit box. It can, with certain upgrades, throw 5-7 red dice a turn at a single target. 7-9 if the named pilots have talent slots. If it has a sensor slot toss in traj sim prot bombs and or seismics as well. The thing has the potential to be one nasty hammer of a ship.

Where are you getting the dice totals from? 

I see Cat with Trick Shot at range 1 giving you possibly 6. Mind saying what the others are, they just aren't coming to me right off the top of my head?  

10 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

Where are you getting the dice totals from? 

I see Cat with Trick Shot at range 1 giving you possibly 6. Mind saying what the others are, they just aren't coming to me right off the top of my head?  

Vet turret gunner combining primary + turret bonus. 5 at range 2-3, 7 at range 1. With Trick shot both the front arc and turret up by 1 making it 7/9... Potential per turn. Cat might take that even higher.

Edited by Hiemfire

5 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Back on October 3rd @ryfterek shared the stats on the primaries for the Resistance Bomber. They'd been leaked on the Polish national FB page as a teaser. What he shared consisted of only an image of the 3 front arc and 2 bowtie. He's got a good rep, for good reasons, but the info was suspect. Turns out the leak was accurate. Being a Scum player and seeing a ship in another faction with a 3 front and a turret (primary or otherwise) get a gunner slot when ours don't is a bit irksome.

Yeah that enables the double tap combo out the front with primaries/turret and veteran turret gunner. Like a Y-Wing essentially, but with a 3 primary frontside. If you happemed to be at R1 of that... oh boy.

But honestly, this is a space B-17. Keeping something in the front arc with that, and the low PS they have should be pretty impossible. If the bombers are not to be completely overcosted, i suspect the compensation for this possible combo will lie in the dial. This thing looks like it should have the turning circle of USS Texas.

I also think they designed it so your agile Resistance aces can pick off stragglers that try to get into the bombers flanks, only place where you are a bit safe from its big gun and bombs, tragedy simulated and others.

EDIT: i like the idea of this bomber design more and more. You see they made jousting it very unpopular by this means. Which actually enables you to take something else than Trajectory Simulator for systems. Your main gun and double tap potential can dissuade jousters unlike in 1.0, so you could go for Collision detector and stuff like that.

I do however doubt that they have more than 1 pilot with a talent slot for tricksy shot... if one at all.

Edited by ForceM

2 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

We'll see. I know it has red full stop, white 3 straight, red 3 banks, white 2 hards and banks, and red 1 hards. Not the best dial, but slow boat gunships are still gunships.

swz19_a1_resistance_spread.pngLooking at the image we could be looking at 1-2 Blue straight and white 1 banks.

Do you think they'll get a crew slot?

Edited by Tyhar7

Bomber better get crew

It's the perfect place for c3po, making it a bonafide support platform as well as a bomber 

Also, Rose + targeting synch combo is an amazing way to mitigate high I domination by letting your low I scrubs fart protons at them! 

Edited by ficklegreendice

13 hours ago, ForceM said:

Yeah that enables the double tap combo out the front with primaries/turret and veteran turret gunner. Like a Y-Wing essentially, but with a 3 primary frontside. If you happemed to be at R1 of that... oh boy.

Hmm. Taking VTG on Finch Dallow could be decent for 2 reasons: (1) W/Finch's pilot ability letting you put bombs into play anywhere touching your base, you could get away with not taking Traj Sim to take Fire Control System instead. This would let you have at least one mod on both shots. (2) At PS4 Finch would likely be able to set up a TL on somebody (if you take FCS).

But yeah I agree. The dial likely will be pretty rough, so you could maybe get 1 or 2 double taps in per game . . . (the stop move could help, but yeah. Not very mobile lol).

I guess VTG could also let you shoot out of both sides, too, which might have its uses. 

15 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

This is absolutely fantastic and deadly. 

1. So with Poe and BB - he could hypothetically perform 4 white actions in a round? Like Boost - Barrel - Blue - Focus - Target Lock?

2. With Resistance you’re basically limited to select from 4 ships - X, A, YT and Bomber?

4 hours ago, KiloFiX9 said:

1. So with Poe and BB - he could hypothetically perform 4 white actions in a round? Like Boost - Barrel - Blue - Focus - Target Lock?

2. With Resistance you’re basically limited to select from 4 ships - X, A, YT and Bomber?

1. Not sure how you came to 4 actions. You can get 3 actions out of Poe/BB-8 with 1 being red. Reveal Blue > white barrel roll> spend Poe’s charge > red boost > perform blue maneuver > remove stress > focus

This is still amazing.

2. Correct, at the moment there is only 4 ships with 28 pilots between them to choose from. I’m sure this will increase in time. 

9 minutes ago, intoxicatedALF said:

1. Not sure how you came to 4 actions.

Tell a lie, there is a way to get 4 actions with your s-foils closed and in a very specific order.

Reveal Blue > White Boost > Spend Poe’s Charge > Red Lock > Gain Stress > Perform Blue Maneuver > Remove Stress > White Focus > Link Red Barrel Roll > Gain Stress

Edited by intoxicatedALF

46 minutes ago, intoxicatedALF said:

Tell a lie, there is a way to get 4 actions with your s-foils closed and in a very specific order.

Reveal Blue > White Boost > Spend Poe’s Charge > Red Lock > Gain Stress > Perform Blue Maneuver > Remove Stress > White Focus > Link Red Barrel Roll > Gain Stress

Also its only possible if you have afterburners and dialed a 3 blue straight but

Reveal blue 3 straight > do bb barrel roll > Red Focus Poe charge > perform 3 straight > lose stress > afterburner boost > target lock.