Ellentje91

How do we become a judge?

Hi all, does anybody have any information on how the judge community will be formed for KeyForge?

How do we qualify to become an official judge for the game, and will tournaments run in local game stores need to get one of these judges for their events?

Just curious to see how this will unfold :-)

Thanks!

Well as long as your not on a sex offenders list or have a recent violent offence charge you should be good.

If not you could apply to the Wizards of the Coast judge program....2 years ago. Ok maybe still now, WotC doesn’t know what their doing.

Your FLGS will be self regulated. Either an employee who plays the game will do it or they will ask a player who frequents their store to do it. The tournament setup is exactly like every other FFG game that has organized play setup and rules.

When Netrunner first came out, digital board games were a minor part of the industry.  Today, apps are everywhere and boardgame apps are big business, and FFG is inching into the realm.  Thanks to the development of app-dependent board games (Mansions of Madness), they now actually have staff for this stuff.

I'm not saying that they will.  I am saying that it's far more likely than it was with Netrunner.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/26/the-electronic-side-of-board-gaming/

Thanks guys and gals! I am indeed new to the FFG world, but have experience in other TCGs, therefore I thought that a judge program was 'normal'. Hopefully the community will have some honest enthusiast who can keep things fun, fair and friendly 🙂