Sign in to follow this  
brettpkelly

WORLDS REGISTRATION GOES LIVE IN 15 MINUTES WITH VERY LIMITED SEATING

Just out of curiosity. When you say Worlds and you are talking about the Adepticon event, is there any change to the usual World Championship at the FFG site on May?

Thanks.

29 minutes ago, bokepasa said:

Just out of curiosity. When you say Worlds and you are talking about the Adepticon event, is there any change to the usual World Championship at the FFG site on May?

Thanks.

That event is no longer, sadly. Worlds is now at Adepticon. 

-ryanjamal 

19 hours ago, ryanjamal said:

That event is no longer, sadly. Worlds is now at Adepticon. 

I didn't know that. Thanks for confirming. 

My problem now is I'm late to get any ticket for the event xDDDD

9 hours ago, Isnigu said:

Sometimes FFG really is it's own worst enemy.....

truly. People were asking them all week about Adepticon's announcement and they sat on it ALL week, finally tweeting it out on friday around 5:30 pm. It seems like they tried to sneak it in where the least amount of people would notice. Communicating it out should be the easy part.

Edited by Fightwookies

1 minute ago, bokepasa said:

I didn't know that. Thanks for confirming. 

My problem now is I'm late to get any ticket for the event xDDDD

Get on the wait list. There should be more tickets available on March 1, and hopefully if enough people get on the waitlist they'll increase capacity. Capping it at 80 is too low.

20 hours ago, Fightwookies said:

I don't blame AdeptiCon for the lack of communication. It sounds like they're working from pretty limited info from FFGOP.

I agree. I'm sure this is all on FFGOP. My brain cannot yet get around this. So World's is now at Adepticon? I'm going to try to go, if I can get a ticket. I was out of the country from Thursday to last Monday, so apparently I missed the announcement and sign up all in that time?!?! Yeesh. 

It's so hard to support this game, as I know people on here complain a lot and say they want to quit. I won't be saying goodbye. I'm going down with the ship on this game. It's too dam-n good to give up. Even after it dies some day (hopefully a long time from now), I'll still be playing it. 

In saying that, FFG clearly does not prioritize Armada and IA and now want to cut it from their Worlds event in Minnesota. X-wing and Destiny are huge and they're still trying to build up Legion. So, those games will take priority at their game center. Combine that with the cost of running events at the hotel (which was IA and Armada) and boom, cost savings by cutting them out. They don't draw as many people. It's a sad reality.  I've been lucky enough to go to 3 Worlds and I always wondered how FFG could make any money running them?!? So, I'm not shocked they're cutting back and my guess is they only use their game center this year.  

1 hour ago, NeverBetTheFett said:

FFG is sending a confusing message.

"May the 4th - Worlds Tournaments for our Star Wars Games*"

*except half of them (Armada and IA)

to be fair, X-wing has obviously had massive changes to their format this year, and their OP page doesn't say anything about worlds in may at the game center