Sign in to follow this  
Pooleman

Frustrating Tournament

So I played in a tournament at a local gaming event today. The tournament organizer showed up about 15 minutes before the event was supposed to start, which seemed like not enough time to me. 8 people showed up but one of the attendees got torqued off for some reason and left. When I have led tournaments if there is an even number of people I will not play, if there is an odd number I will step in to the the remaining even player. This TO decided to just not play. So with 7 people we played 3 rounds with someone sitting out each round. Very frustrating. 

I flew Wedge, Luke, and Dutch Vander. Each with R3, proton toros, and swarm tactics so all three can engage at I6. I lost the first match by just a few point. I had to sit out the second match. I lost the third match by a few points as well. I took 4th place. 

Im still pretty mad that the TO didn’t play to make it a proper bracket. He played his own card game, didn’t communicate well with the participants, didn’t tell us when to officially start each round. It was just not a great experience. $15 to play 2 rounds of X-Wibg feels like a ripoff to me. 

myself and a few ppl went to a SC a few years ago in a store that didn't even know what size table we needed to play on, the tournament was supposed to start at something like 9:30 and i think we started at 11, on 2 occasions we where ready to start round 1 when someone came over to tell us a card tournament was going to happen and we needed to move. At the end we litterally had to play up against the wall, and if you needed to take a piss you had to crawl under the table to get to a bathroom full of chair which had been moved to create space. Suffice to say none of us has ever played there again, so my advice is don't go back.

We had a tourney this weekend and the TO didn't even show, nor announce that he wasn't going to show. We kept track of MoV on paper and did pairings (among those with same game points) using Chwasi. No SoS calculation (isn't this part of normal swiss pairing?) but it worked out alright.