Sign in to follow this  
Captain Weather

Australian Nationals 2018!

Day 1 of Australia's Star Wars Armada Nationals is under way. We have 28 players here today in Brisbane at the Magic Vault. I'm currently writing this from the store floor plugged into a wall outlet as I enjoy my first round bye. The tournament structure is 4 rounds of Swiss Day 1, cutting to Top 8 who will play 3 rounds Day 2 with the overall leader at the end of those 3 rounds being the winner. 

Link to the TTT

Veteran Captain Ken has made some behind the camera videos where he tries to call the meta and make predictions about the Top 8

I will be writing an Overnight Report about the tournament, and to anyone who is interested I'm sitting on the data from Polish Nationals and the London Masters which I will also be analysing (its not a lack of love, just been really under the pump for time lately)!

I find it strange that this is the first competition thread that no one cared to ask what lists were played, what the data was or even what the winner was flying.

Are Australian competitions really considered that much of an Armada back water to the community? 😢

2 hours ago, Irokenics said:

I find it strange that this is the first competition thread that no one cared to ask what lists were played, what the data was or even what the winner was flying.

Are Australian competitions really considered that much of an Armada back water to the community? 😢

Well, @Captain Weather promised overnight reports so we are just waiting patiently!

18 hours ago, Irokenics said:

I know I have been ANXIOUSLY awaiting the reports. I just trust Weather enough that I didn't feel the need for torches and pitchforks like are typically required at American and European tournies.

A few tasty morsels of information to placate the natives while Weather does his thing:

• The top 8 was an even 4/4 split on factions.
  • There were no repeat lists in the top 8. There were two pairs that were kind of close (2xISD & ISD + 'dictor, and Rieekan Aces & Dodonna Aces) but were all trying to do very different things.
  • There were 7 unique Admirals in the top 8. The only repeat was Rieekan, but in 2 very different lists.
  • Squadron use was also pretty even, with just as many going light or no squadrons as there were going heavy or max squadrons.