Sign in to follow this  
Harlaan

Obi Wan's pilot ability

1 hour ago, Harlaan said:

Setup: place yourself in reserve. During the system phase of any round, place yourself at range 1-2 of any enemy ship. You MUST shout "HELLO THERE!" at your opponent

This would be glorious

1 hour ago, Harlaan said:

Setup: place yourself in reserve. During the system phase of any round, place yourself at range 1-2 of any enemy ship. You MUST shout "HELLO THERE!" at your opponent

(I am very sorry)

Oh please you aren't sorry. Also would be cool, and broken i think, if that is his ability...but thematic.

1 hour ago, svelok said:

he clearly rolls an extra attack dice for every additional peg his ship is on

You know, I think when I fly Obi I will stack as many pegs as I can and shout High Ground whenever I shot.

7 minutes ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

You know, I think when I fly Obi I will stack as many pegs as I can and shout High Ground whenever I shot.

I would just tell people it's over at the start of the game, and if they insist on playing I will use 50 red/green for every attack I make/defend against.

12 minutes ago, mazz0 said:

I would just tell people it's over at the start of the game, and if they insist on playing I will use 50 red/green for every attack I make/defend against.

Conversely, if I'm playing Anakin and my opponent says that to me I'm just going to put 20 Force tokens next to Anakin's base and tell them they underestimate my power. 

2 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Plo Koon:
At the start of the combat phase, roll a red die.  On a {Crit} result, all other friendly ships now join the enemy squad.

Review_SCPloKoon_stillC.JPG

I was going to say this should just apply to clones, but it doesn't look like they've included anything to indicate which pilots are clones, which rules out clone-only upgrades and effects.  Shame.  They could have made the flavour text "Clone Trooper" for them all, or something like that.

I swear I’m not pooping on the party, but in case anybody is actually curious: “When a friendly ship at range ??? performs a ??? you may spend one force. If you do... you may perform one force action[?]”

Best I can tell on Obi-wan’s card.

Edited by SpiderMana

2 minutes ago, mazz0 said:

I was going to say this should just apply to clones, but it doesn't look like they've included anything to indicate which pilots are clones, which rules out clone-only upgrades and effects.  Shame.  They could have made the flavour text "Clone Trooper" for them all, or something like that.

I mean, that ability on Plo could never be printed, but the concept of having a "Clone" tag, to allow for Clone-only upgrades would be interesting.

2 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

I swear I’m not pooping on the party, but in case anybody is actually curious: “When a friendly ship at range ??? performs a ??? you may spend one force. If you do... you may perform one force action”

What's a force action?  Do you mean focus?

Edited by mazz0

Just now, theBitterFig said:

I mean, that ability on Plo could never be printed, but the concept of having a "Clone" tag, to allow for Clone-only upgrades would be interesting.

Yeah.  I was thinking of synergies that apply between multiple clones.  We'll probably see effects applying based on presence of nearby non-limited pilots, at a guess.

10 minutes ago, mazz0 said:

It could actually be Force action.

That could be the name for the purple actions we see on the Delta-7 and the Palpatine crew card. 

EDIT

11 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

I swear I’m not pooping on the party, but in case anybody is actually curious: “When a friendly ship at range ??? performs a ??? you may spend one force. If you do... you may perform one force action[?]”

But what CSI enhance voodoo are you doing to even get that match? I zoomed in as far as I could and everything was way too blurry to make out even a single word.

Is there a higher resolution version of the image somewhere?

Edited by GuacCousteau

1 minute ago, GuacCousteau said:

That could be the name for the purple actions we see on the Delta-7 and the Palpatine crew card. 

So he can do any purple action on his action bar?  If that were right, it would make the idea that purple's meaning is you can spend a force to do it as well as a normal action less likely, since if that were purple's native meaning then Obi Wan wouldn't gain much from his social ability.

11 minutes ago, mazz0 said:

3 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

That’s my thinking. It could certainly say almost anything else, don’t get me wrong. It’s very tiny and blurry text.

1 minute ago, mazz0 said:

So he can do any purple action on his action bar?  If that were right, it would make the idea that purple's meaning is you can spend a force to do it as well as a normal action less likely, since if that were purple's native meaning then Obi Wan wouldn't gain much from his social ability.

I'm definitely already of the belief that purple actions require a Force token to be spent to use them as your normal action, not a bonus action.

It feels like much needed balancing to Force pilots. They're like red actions but with more of a cost to Force users, who are the best pilots at ignoring stress because of their built in dice mods. 

The Delta-7 having access to a white evade as their normal action would be mad. It would be Soontir Fel style token stacking on every pilot with no drawback. It being a bonus action would be even worse. It would always be worth it to spend the Force token because you could take a focus action and the evade for a net gain in how many dice you can effect. 

The evade being purple forces you to make a choice: save the Force token which can be used on attack or defence, but requires you to roll paint, or cash it in for an evade token which isn't as flexible but guarantees you an evade result even in the case of blank. It's the only way to make the focus/evade debate all other pilot go through matter on Jedi pilots.