Stormbourne

Alchemy for pets

One of my players has asked if they could create a permanent totem for there pet that would allow them to cast their force powers as if the pet was the on casting them and the ability to cast powers on them ignoring normal range restrictions within reason.

Eg. Using harm to drain assailants around the pet. Or using battle meditation on the pet while it's out of range

It sounds fun, but also a little cheesey. What if you were to make it cost a resource such as strain, destiny points, or once per session/encounter?

Edited by kaosoe

6 minutes ago, kaosoe said:

It sounds fun, but also a little cheesey. What if you were to make it cost a resource such as strain, destiny points, or once per session/encounter?

Well it I'm considering saying that the player needs a kyber crystal to craft, so if it needed a activation cost I would only have it cost strain

Like most homebrew ideas you bring, it could easily be broken AF.

I would more likely consider creating a custom Talent for a Player; "Improved Mental Bond" (after the Seeker: Pathfinder Talent) to replace Share Pain, that would require the ongoing use of Mental Bond (so, the committing of a Force Die), and then additionally probably costing a couple Strain per activation of a Power through the bonded animal.