Sign in to follow this  
WonderWAAAGH

Tournament Document Now Available

I'm not seeing anything too crazy, although they're really piling on this no dice thing. ? 

I think 90 minute rounds for Swiss is pretty long for Bo3. Big tournaments are going to be loooonnng

5 hours ago, WonderWAAAGH said:

The no note-taking thing is still pretty stupid. 

5 hours ago, RecklessFable said:

Agreed.  Note-taking is allowed in pretty much everything else.  

Also, the final tie-breaker "First player wins" is pretty harsh.

I don’t come from a competitive card game background and I’m a little confused - why would no note taking be a bad thing? What notes would you take if permitted? 

Of we are not allowed to use the very practical dice then why didn't you make power tokens instead of huge cards worth 1 power each??

So when I get 5+ power on a creature I must bury it in power cards instead of a small d6? You couldnt even make the power cards double sided with 1 power-3 power sides. Such a stupid Rule when dices are so practical. Suck My grabber jammer ffg.

2 hours ago, gasgraham said:

I don’t come from a competitive card game background and I’m a little confused - why would no note taking be a bad thing? What notes would you take if permitted? 

Cards played by house.

Counting at the start of each turn will really slow down play.

Right now - 90 minutes seems about right...in fact probably hard to get BO3 in 90. You just don't seem to have as many magic scenarios where you are locked out and some games can go really fast. Lots of big swingy cards, board wipes, stealing, etc.

I hope with more familiarity games can go faster.

7 minutes ago, papalorax said:

I hope with more familiarity games can go faster.

I think this is absolutely going to be the case. Card familiarity is key to game time.

the rules seem to indicate you can always review your opponents decklist...with no exception list for sealed play.

Also really enjoy this:

Win = 1 tournament point • Loss = 0 tournament points

No timed scoring.

7 hours ago, gasgraham said:

It wasn't really a thing I'd thought about before I played in a side event at some random PTQ that I'd bombed out of years ago. My final opponent played a card that let him look at my hand and discard one of them, at which point he proceeded to scribble down all of the remaining cards in my hand. Then he scratched them off, one by one, as I played them. It's actually not all that time consuming in the grand scheme of things, and actually a pretty smart move on his part. 

Keyforge, unlike some (or most) other games, also leaves milling off the table as a win-con. That ability to re-shuffle your discard pile into your deck means that card counting is an option here, and scribbling down the played cards could be a handy way of keeping track of what might be in your opponent's hand at any given time.   

I'm a bit confused about why there's a need for a "no dice" rule? Seemed pretty practical to use for +Power or maybe Armor tracking. I was including a handful of 6-siders with my tokens.

10 hours ago, Amanal said:

Cards played by house.

Counting at the start of each turn will really slow down play.

5 hours ago, WonderWAAAGH said:

It wasn't really a thing I'd thought about before I played in a side event at some random PTQ that I'd bombed out of years ago. My final opponent played a card that let him look at my hand and discard one of them, at which point he proceeded to scribble down all of the remaining cards in my hand. Then he scratched them off, one by one, as I played them. It's actually not all that time consuming in the grand scheme of things, and actually a pretty smart move on his part. 

Keyforge, unlike some (or most) other games, also leaves milling off the table as a win-con. That ability to re-shuffle your discard pile into your deck means that card counting is an option here, and scribbling down the played cards could be a handy way of keeping track of what might be in your opponent's hand at any given time.   

Thanks for the insight guys. 

Never would have occured to me to track these things. 

Not that I need worry about it now anyway, given the ruling! ?