Sign in to follow this  
WonderWAAAGH

There's a 4-Horsemen Deck on **** for $140!

I wonder what the possible range of rares is? My two decks have only 3 and 4 rares (and no specials). Seeing some of these 8+ rare/special card ‘horseman’ decks is a little dispiriting.

Edited by jonamok

2 hours ago, jonamok said:

I wonder what the possible range of rares is? My two decks have only 3 and 4 rares (and no specials).

You're doing better than me. I was able to get 2 decks at the prerelease event at the FLGS. One deck had 1 rare with no specials/mavericks. One deck was unplayable since it actually contained parts of 2 different decks. The replacement deck from the FLGS has 2 rares and I have not gotten a win using either deck. Swapped decks with someone for a match since I must have been playing the deck wrong. I won 3 keys to zero using his deck.

So far 3 decks bought at my FLGS were unusable since they contained parts of 2 different decks. Sadly, none of them were matching to at least make 1 deck. The FLGS was nice enough to let us exchange. One of the guys is keeping his deck unopened and hoping it will be a collector's item some day.

2 hours ago, jonamok said:

That’s worrying levels of quality control.

Don’t buy in the hype. Yes, Horsemen are good and have some good synergy. I imagine a deck with 8 of them will be tougher than a deck with 4 of them.

I think they are overhyped though. I would be willing to bet your deck(s) are good too. Your range of commons, uncommons, rares, Mavericks and Icemen do not matter as much as these resale prices say they do. Play your deck, learn your deck.

When in doubt Brobnar Punch a low power creature after loading him up with Blood Money. It has worked pretty well for me so far.

3 minutes ago, TheSpitfired said:

Don’t buy in the hype. Yes, Horsemen are good and have some good synergy. I imagine a deck with 8 of them will be tougher than a deck with 4 of them.

I think they are overhyped though. I would be willing to bet your deck(s) are good too. Your range of commons, uncommons, rares, Mavericks and Icemen do not matter as much as these resale prices say they do. Play your deck, learn your deck.

When in doubt Brobnar Punch a low power creature after loading him up with Blood Money. It has worked pretty well for me so far.

I think he meant the number of half-complete decks people are receiving.

18 hours ago, Amanal said:

Yes, or it could be six times seven.

No, ‘What is six times seven?’ is just the question. 

Anyway, did any of these decks actually ‘sell’ for that much, or is this just the level of wishful thinking exhibited by some attempted sellers?

@10Ten how do we know the seller didn’t just take it down?

Edited by Derrault

On 11/16/2018 at 3:25 PM, TheSpitfired said:

Wait, who gets the Aember from a monster that Blood Money put Aember on. The player of the card or their opponent?