Kehl_Aecea

Your predictions of Wave IV

Let's forget about the conversion kits for this thought experiment. They don't exist.

So, Wave 1 we got our iconic first ships, X-Wings, Y-Wings, TIE Fighters, TIE Advanced, Lando's Falcon, Firesprays and Fang Fighters.

Wave 2 we get our sequel ships, the T-70 X-Wing, RZ-2 A-Wing, TIE F/O Fighter, and the Mining Guild TIE because... reasons. (no, seriously, it looks pretty good)

Wave 3 we have the prequels.

So, in the first 3 waves, we get some core fighters to build around and a few extras. What do you think we'll be getting to flesh out the factions?

I think we'll get a similar release schedule to first edition, just accelerated.  Rebels will get the A-Wing, Hawk and Falcon, Imperials probably TIE Bomber, Interceptor, and Lambda shuttle, Scum M3-A, Starviper and IG-2000, First Order the TIE S/F and/or TIE Silencer and Resistance Falcon and/or Resistance Bomber. As for the Republic and CIS... there are just WAY too many for me to think of.

I dunno, maybe I'm hoping we'll get more new toys faster (I'm hoping for a few new molds for older ships that really need i). 

Sequel era really doesn't have that much for it right now.

Rebel: A-wing, B-wing, Falcon

Empire: Tie Interceptor, Tie Bomber

Scum: Hwk-290, M3-A

Resistance: Resistance Bomber, Resistance Transport

First Order: Tie S/F, Tie Silencer

Republic: Y-wing, Twilight, Nu-class shuttle

Sepratist: Hyena Bomber, Tri Fighter

Note I don't think all of this will be released next but I am pretty sure at least some of these will happen.

With seven factions, I only expect one ship for each.

Rebels: A-Wing or B-Wing, either one seems likely.

Empire: Probably Interceptor, possibly Bomber. Lambda and Reaper are wildcards.

Scum: Could be anything, but seeing as there are no obvious OT or PT Scum ships besides the Firespray, I'm expecting something from Rebels or TFA. Quad or Lancer?

Resistance: Bomber, though the Falcon is a possibility.

First Order: Silencer if the new sculpt is ready. Otherwise sf. Doubtfully Upsilon.

Republic: V-Wing?

CIS: No idea.

Edited by Okapi

One ship each. 

Rebel: Bwing

Imp: Interceptor

Scum: IG-2000

FO: Silencer

Res: Falcon (or Bomber, if rebels get falcon) 

CIS: Buzz Droid

Repub: Eta-2

---

Alternatively, they give CIS and Repub a break for Wave4 to get settled, and come back to them wave5. And do two of Rebel and Imp: Lambda + Rebel Falcon

2 hours ago, Kehl_Aecea said:

I think we'll get a similar release schedule to first edition, just accelerated.  Rebels will get the A-Wing, Hawk and Falcon, Imperials probably TIE Bomber, Interceptor, and Lambda shuttle, Scum M3-A, Starviper and IG-2000, First Order the TIE S/F and/or TIE Silencer and Resistance Falcon and/or Resistance Bomber.

Yeah, this is pretty much what I'm thinking. Although I don't think there'll be as many as three ships per faction.

It's hard to say. There's so much new stuff with the faction split and PT era stuff that we don't really know what a 'normal' wave looks like. I don't think we have enough data to make solid predictions.

Wave 1 seems to be a strong indication that Reb and Imperial stuff will happen along 1e lines, though giving Scum the Fang already tells that at least Scum might get things out of order. My assumption there is that the Fang is from Rebels, a recent canon TV show with a relatively large audience. I think they were expecting the Fang to be more recognisable than something like the Star Viper. 

Both Rebs and Imps have one medium base, but no large base ships yet. 

I'm expecting Wave 4 for them to be

A-Wing, Millennium Falcon

TIE Interceptor, Lambda Shuttle. 

That maps exactly to 1e wave 2 for Rebs, and brings the Shuttle forward for Imps to replace their lost Firespray. My only doubt is that Imps already have a crew carrying support ship in the Reaper, so it might be the Bomber they bring forward

For Scum I'm thinking the Y-Wing and the Scyk. I'm taking the Z-95 as a sign they want to get the Most Wanted ships out as quickly as possible, even squeezing them into the PT debut wave. This would leave only the HWK left, and I don't see Scum getting that until Rebs have their version in Wave 5. The Scyk could easily be the Star Viper. It's so hard to say for Scum because they don't really map to other factions with equivalents quite so well. The Fang is already arguably the A-Wing/Interceptor equivalent so I guess the Star Viper fits more in the E-Wing/Defender wave. But Scum already have cheap filler via the Z-95 so...?

No idea if we'll get PT and ST content in that wave.

If I were FFG I'd alternate between dedicated 1e re-release waves and new PT/ST content waves. 

FO are desperate for more ships, though. So the /sf or Upsilon at the very least seems likely for them.

I’m going to go ahead and suggest scum get skipped in Wave 4 because they’ve sneaked ahead the whole time while others are left waiting for the new factions to arrive.

Rebels are likely Awing or Bwing.

Imperials are Inteceptor or Bomber.

First Order will be SF or the new Silencer sculpt of smaller (“correct”) scale. Maybe a new fighter from the tv show.

Resistance will get the Bomber and something new.

CIS I’m guessing hyena bomber.

Republic I would guess either Anakins transport from the series or Ywings.

Not a lot of people expecting Rebels to get the Millennium Falcon next wave.

I'm surprised by that. It's a much more iconic ship than the A-Wing or B-Wing, if we're being honest. Rebels also don't have a large base yet. 

I'd also be really surprised if Rebs and Imps only get 1 ship each. Yes, we have new factions but the 1e content is never realistically going to all get re-released at that rate. 

Don't forget that most of the design work for these re-releases is already done, and most of the models are already in production. There's way less lead time on FFG for these re-releases so they can afford to throw a lot more in a wave vs the newer content. 

There's a little bit of a conundrum with the Falcon. The Rebels need it, but so does the Resistance, and from a gameplay perspective, the Resistance needs it more than the Rebels do.

The Scum Falcon was released in Wave 1. Now we're going two waves without a Falcon, so the next one will drop in Wave IV. Do you drop both Falcons in the same wave? That sounds awkward. Do you drop them both as a single $40 expack? That sounds awesome, but also unlikely. Even dropping them in back-to-back waves is a little awkward, but you can't wait too long on either, because it is the single most iconic ship in Star Wars.

There's also the issue of clogging a wave with large-base expansions. Imagine an eight-ship wave (two ships each for Rebels, Imperials, Resistance, FO) that includes Rebel & Resistance Falcons, Resistance bomber, Upsilon shuttle. And maybe a Lambda? That's a fat, fat wave.

I think that priority will be, in order:

REBELS: Falcon, A, B.

IMPERIALS: Interceptor, Bomber, Lambda.

SCUM: (Not sure about this, so I'm just listing what I personally want) Quadjumper, StarViper, Y-wing. (Note: Following the example set by the Striker/Z releases, these might come sooner as they may not receive new pilots, although I'd certainly love to see at least one more added to the Viper.)

RESISTANCE: New ship, Falcon, Bomber.

FIRST ORDER: TIE/sf, TIE Silencer, Upsilon, new ship.

My personal wild guess is that Wave IV will be all six of those Rebel/Imperial expansions, plus two easy Scum expansions (meaning somewhere between few and zero new pilots), for a total of eight ships. Wave V will then be a Sequel Trilogy drop, with Resistance/FO getting a new ship and some re-releases, plus giving Scum the thematically-appropriate Quadjumper. And Wave VI is the next Prequel  wave, hopefully in mid/late summer 2019, though if we're talking 7-8 ships per wave it might take longer than that.

What I'd really like to see in Wave IV and V (and, while I'm at it, Wave VI): 

WAVE IV

REBEL: Falcon, A-wing, B-wing

IMPERIAL: Lambda shuttle, TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber

SCUM: StarViper, Scum squadron pack (StarViper + 2x Y-wing?)

WAVE V

RESISTANCE: Resistance Bomber, new ship, Resistance squadron pack (new ship + 2x RZ-2 A-wing)

FIRST ORDER: TIE Silencer, Upsilon shuttle, Imperial squadron pack (new ship + 2x TIE/sf)

SCUM: Quadjumper

WAVE VI

REPUBLIC: N-1 Starfighter, shuttle/crew carrier of some kind

CIS: Sheathipede + a shiny new droid ship maybe? I know the least about this faction

RESISTANCE: Rey's Millennium Falcon

FIRST ORDER: First Order TIE Interceptor

Yes, I know the A-wing fanboi in me is strong, but this is a ship I'd really like to see fleshed out with 6-8 pilots for each faction. And Rey's Falcon is pushed back to Wave VI because it's a smaller wave and they'll want to avoid releasing Falcons in back-to-back waves. Rebel/Imperial don't get squad packs because core set, so they just focus on pushing out those iconic rereleases.

I don't think they will stick to the 3 wave rotation that they used for the initial releases, it's bound to frustrate anyone only tied to one era. Let's take a look at the number of different models in a wave so far:

Wave 1: 7-8 (Lando's could count as 1 or 2), plus 3 conversion kits

Wave 2: 4, plus 2 conversion kits

Wave 3: 8 (with 2 additional paint schemes)

So they have something of a tick-tock release cycle in terms of size, let's come back to that in a moment. A big thing I do expect is ships with similar roles will appear in the same waves or similar waves So new cards can go out to more factions at once. Lastly, my guess is the original trilogy factions and scum won't see more than 1 ship in a wave that has either significant new content or is completely new.

With that said here is my wave 4 prediction:

Imperial: TIE Interceptor (new pilots, maybe upgrades), Lambda Shuttle (Probably the same content as the conversion kit)

Rebel: A-wing (new pilots, shares any new upgrades with the Interceptor), Millennium Falcon (Probably the same content as the conversion, any new crew being share with the Lambda)

Scum: Scyk (sharing new upgrades with the A-wing and Interceptor), Lancer or YV-666 (same situation as the Falcon)

And then for wave 5 you could follow up with:

Resistance: Falcon (conversion content, plus any new generics from earlier)

First Order: Shuttle (Same deal), SF or Silencer

Republic: V-Wing, LAAT or Twilight

CIS: Tri-Fighter, Sheathipede

Any direct reissue will only come with cards available in the respective conversion.  This is to avoid the need for card only packs. They can and might provide themed repaints in faction packs for at least the two OT centric factions and that could include some new cards. 

Rebs: A and B. A hypothetical faction pack would be green painted A's and a Y instead. 

Imps: Interceptor and Bomber. Faction pack would be repainted Eyeballs and a Squint instead. I would say bomber with the Interceptor, but I get the feeling they always want to include a repainted version of something already reissued in a single pack. That's why the price point is at $40 instead of $60. 

Scum: New ship, maybe a Dunelizard? Dunno for sure. It will be new. Maybe a reissue of something old in addition, but it probably won't be the HWK. Scyk? 

Resistance: Booster/flappy winged Black One. Maybe a faction pack if they don't mind four of these in one wave. 

FO: SF, ditto on the faction pack if they can get the remodeled Silencer in time. 

Separatists: Hyena

Republic: Eta-2 Actis, or at least it better be. ?

4 minutes ago, RebelProfundity said:

They can and might provide themed repaints in faction packs for at least the two OT centric factions and that could include some new cards.

How would that be any different from just putting new content in the standalone expansions?

If anything it's worse because you're now locking the new content for those who converted behind a more expensive product with potential content for a ship you're not interested in.

FFG made no promises that all the re-releases would stick to conversion kit content beyond wave 1. 

I think they will wind up doing a pattern of re-releases for Rebels, Empire, and Scum each Wave, while Resistance/FO will switch off with Republic/Separatists. So Wave IV will have FO/Resistance new ships, while Wave V has Republic/Separatist new ships. 

Wave IV

Rebels: A-wing and B-wing, both ship expansions and card-only expansions 

Empire: TIE Interceptor and Bomber, both ship expansions and card-only expansions

Scum: Starviper and M-3A, both ship expansions and card-only expansions

Resistance: T85 X-wing ship expansion

First Order: FO Interceptor ship expansion

Whatever we get they will be about $5-$10 more than they should be. ($30 for the ARC? Really?)

Seriously though:

Rebels: A-Wing, YT-1300

Empire: Interceptors and or Bombers OR that super awesome heavy tie we see in Solo during the Kessel Run

Scum: Khiraxz or nothing or something from Star Wars Resistance (maybe/hopefully-but-probably-not that racer that looks like a Ford GT40) 

Star_Wars_Resistance_-_New_Ships_-_First_Look__-_YouTube.png.61f0f373475798156b3658ffe776465e.png

Resistance: YT-1300, Bombers

FO: That red tie Interceptorish fighter from Star Wars Resistance, TIE SF

First epic ship: The one seen in Star Wars Resistance

Edited by Skitchx

1 hour ago, GuacCousteau said:

locking the new content for those who converted behind a more expensive product. 

That's why. Some people really like these repaints and have no issue buying them if they come with new cards in these value packs at $40 instead of $60. They will only do this to issue new ship and upgrade cards not in the conversions, so only for stuff they want to try to buff outside of straight point adjustment. There is some evidence of this strategy from 1.0 with Ace packs. I don't see how this is a stretch at all and don't actually think it's all that scummy for a business trying to make some money.

They are providing some value with creative use of supply chain efficiency. Suppliers can just make more of the ships to be repackaged (the Y's and Ties in my example) during the initial run and hold off the paint until the time for the larger pack comes up. The new paint jobs can be done while waiting for the new stuff to be molded. I don't think warehouse overhead in China for non-perishable unpainted plastic would overshadow the potential savings, especially if their distribution is only seperated by one or two waves. 

1 hour ago, GuacCousteau said:

FFG made no promises that all the re-releases would stick to conversion kit content beyond wave 1. 

They are sticking to this with 2 of the 3 single ship reissues that appear in Wave 3 and made sure to advertise that they did. They obviously have some commitment to the idea beyond Wave 1. The ARC doesn't even really count because there is no Republic conversion kit. At least the Z is repainted? If they think they can get some goodwill by doing this, and it allows them to gate new stuff in faction packs at the same time I don't see why they wouldn't. 

Edited by RebelProfundity

4 minutes ago, Skitchx said:

Scum: Khiraxz or nothing or something from Star Wars Resistance (maybe/hopefully-but-probably-not that racer that looks like a Ford GT40) 

Star_Wars_Resistance_-_New_Ships_-_First_Look__-_YouTube.png.61f0f373475798156b3658ffe776465e.png

It's not a GT40.

It's a Le Mans Porsche 917

Porsche%20917%20K%20gulf%20le%20mans%201

Right down to the fins on the back and the guns on the Resistance ship coming out of the friggin' headlights. 

Have to assume they'll be pulling g ships that were popular enough to appear in battlefront 2 (the ea are greedy bastards version)

So the ep3 interceptor, that weird clone interceptor (vwing?), some droid interceptor...lots of Interceptors,!

Then silencer, SF/ups

Falcon, bomber

Random releases for ot 

Edited by ficklegreendice

2 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

It's not a GT40.

It's a Le Mans Porsche 917

Porsche%20917%20K%20gulf%20le%20mans%201

Right down to the fins on the back and the guns on the Resistance ship coming out of the friggin' headlights. 

Wow! I thought it looked A LOT like the GT40 but it is definitely the Le Mans Porsche 917!

On another note, what is Willy Wonka doing in the background?

9 minutes ago, Skitchx said:

Wow! I thought it looked A LOT like the GT40 but it is definitely the Le Mans Porsche 917!

On another note, what is Willy Wonka doing in the background?

Early 70's pit official (the guys that call if a team takes too long or made an illegal mod) uniform? Garish so they stand out, styled aside from color was to present authoritative status? Or the team owner, some of them can be pretty colorful.

Wave IV predictions? New Scum style factions. For the Clone Wars called "Mercenaries and Merchants" and in the New Era another called the "Idealists and Isolationists". That way they can limit the power creep of Scum by no longer giving them more ships.

5 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

I’m going to go ahead and suggest scum get skipped in Wave 4 because they’ve sneaked ahead the whole time while others are left waiting for the new factions to arrive.

Rebels are likely Awing or Bwing.

Imperials are Inteceptor or Bomber.

First Order will be SF or the new Silencer sculpt of smaller (“correct”) scale. Maybe a new fighter from the tv show.

Resistance will get the Bomber and something new.

CIS I’m guessing hyena bomber.

Republic I would guess either Anakins transport from the series or Ywings.

thats my thoughts as well although lets give the rebels the Hwk-290 and some new pilots ;)

could be a new faction in the works down the line too... you think FFG will stop at 7 faction?

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber