Kehl_Aecea

Your predictions of Wave IV

4 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

thats my thoughts as well although lets give the rebels the Hwk-290 and some new pilots ;)

could be a new faction in the works down the line too... you think FFG will stop at 7 faction?

You misunderstand - my prediction was what I think not what I want. :) 

Theyre going to drag that HWk/moldy crow thing out as long as possible to maximize conversion kit purchases out of faction lock.

23 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Two new factions:

Yuuzhan Vong and Ssi-ruuvi Imperium.

Every wave from here on out will include two new factions.

Too many panties in a twist if they skipped the Chiss...

2 minutes ago, spacebug said:

Those 3-ship box sets from Clone Wars wave - some of those for re-releasing 1.0 ships for original factions.

Rebels - Z-95 and E-Wing!

Scum - M3a and ...Y-Wing?

Imperial - ...TIEs and more different TIEs.

I like your rebel choice.

Imperial - TIE Advanced and TIE/LN (Vader and a +1)

and/or - TIE Reaper and TIE/Striker (Scarif pack)

Scum - G-1A and 2 M3-A

Resistance - Bomber and A-Wing

First Order - Upsilon and TE/FO

8 minutes ago, spacebug said:

Those 3-ship box sets from Clone Wars wave - some of those for re-releasing 1.0 ships for original factions.

Rebels - Z-95 and E-Wing!

Scum - M3a and ...Y-Wing?

Imperial - ...TIEs and more different TIEs.

Y-Wing and HWK before M3a is more likely. Neither of those two were available without buying multiple ships for Scum, much like the Firespray and the Z-95. Firespray, Z-95, Y-Wing and HWK required the purchase of the Most Wanted box and, in the case of the Firespray and HWK, a Rebel expansion to be able to field. M3a had its own expansion even though some of the M3a pilots were only in the C-ROC box.

9 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

You misunderstand - my prediction was what I think not what I want. :) 

Theyre going to drag that HWk/moldy crow thing out as long as possible to maximize conversion kit purchases out of faction lock.

hmm, sadly i think u r right. im trying to avoid buying the rebel kit but will hav to in order to get the hwk title anytime soon.

58 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Piloting what ship? Or do you mean as sneaky crew upgrade?

The Fortune and Glory! The Mining Guild TIE coming out of nowhere for an already full faction doesn't make it completely unlikely. At this point I think it'll have to wait until Episode 9, and whether or not the Lady Luck appears in it, though.

As for Wave IV, I honestly have no idea. Wave I sets up the most basic ships for the first three factions, while having the Conversion Kits alongside them and squeezing in Lando's Falcon (probably as a tie-in). For the most part, it's easy to see what they did there. Wave 2 (re)introduces the Sequel Factions, but doesn't even give an even number of ships to both. It also leaves out Rebels and the Empire while introducing a totally new ship for a faction that already has some of the most ships, and this one isn't even a direct tie-in like the Falcon. Wave 3 introduces the Prequel Factions and gives them a new kind of product, which makes enough sense. However, it also gives re-releases for only Scum (who's already well ahead on ship number) and the Empire. This skips the Rebels, Resistance, and First Order, and at the very least you think the First Order would have gotten some priority since it only had one ship in its Wave. Also, the Empire's re-release, the TIE Striker, skips past the iconic early First Edition ships and straight to a Wave 10 briefly-featured Rogue One ship (no offense to the ship, it just seems random to me).

In other words, I have no idea what Wave IV will have, because the only pattern that seems to exist so far is that there is no pattern. I'm not against wild speculation by any means, but I feel like that's what it has to be at this point and I don't feel confident about my ability to do that about this game with any detail.

In general, I think Wave IV might show us what Waves will start to look like going forward in Second Edition, as we'll be done with introducing factions and catching people up with Conversion Kits, but that's an easy prediction. As for other predictions, I don't think it'll even have one ship for every faction in Wave IV. They've already skipped factions that are behind and included factions that can afford to skip a Wave. Along those lines, I think that while Scum finally might skip a Wave, I wouldn't be surprised to see something like Resistance getting a new ship or re-release while the First Order doesn't get anything. I don't mean to sound pessimistic, just that their goals with these Waves don't seem obvious to me.

Edited by Jokubas

1 minute ago, Jokubas said:

The Mining Guild TIE coming out of nowhere

They announced it at the same time they announced the addition of the Clone Wars Era ships, and it was an antagonist ship in the most recent cartoon series. Hardly "out of nowhere" by any stretch of the imagination...

I'll admit I do not follow any of the TV series at all, although I try to pay enough attention to not make claims like I just did when I can help it. However, it still seems weird to me. Scum is already way ahead. Giving them the Falcon made sense because it's super iconic, it heavily featured in a current movie, and the faction didn't have access to it before despite its history.

Tie-ins make sense, but they have continued to skip the TIE Brute when the Empire needs more ships more than Scum. That's the kind of thing I ultimately mean. It's not a complaint either, just an observation that it doesn't seem to be easy to guess what they're going to do next.

Edited by Jokubas

20 minutes ago, Jokubas said:

I'll admit I do not follow any of the TV series at all (although I try to pay enough attention to not make claims like I just did when I can help it). It still seems weird to me. Scum is already way ahead. Giving them the Falcon made sense because it's super iconic, it heavily featured in a current movie, and the faction didn't have access to it before despite its history.

Tie-ins make sense, but then why have they continued to skip the TIE Brute, when the Empire needs more ships more than Scum? That's the kind of thing I ultimately mean. It's not a complaint either, just an observation that it doesn't seem to be easy to guess what they're going to do next.

Scum is an amalgam of 50+ different groups shoe horned into one "Faction Identity" that is dominated by the blasted Mandos (Fett, Wren, Rau et al.)… What is in Scum currently hasn't even scratched the surface of what will likely end up in the faction, especially if they start reaching backwards into the Old Republic Era... The Exchange and others start entering the mix big time there. Stop thinking of Scum as a singular unified group. They ain't. You have the hero factions, the villain factions and then you have every one else. Scum is everyone else.

And the TIE-Brute should be popping up soon. At least I hope so.

Edited by Hiemfire

I might have given the impression, but I don't have a problem with Scum having so many ships. In actuality, the last two ships I really want in the game are more or less Scum ships, so it's actually good for me that FFG doesn't seem to have a problem with it either. However, it contributes to the idea that Wave IV is hard to predict even in makeup, let alone specifics. First Edition X-Wing pretty much ran through the movie ships first, starting with some of the most iconic, then dipped into the Expanded Universe. The order in which they did things once pulling from the Expanded Universe was fairly unpredictable (I'm surprised but extremely happy that the TIE Phantom got in so early, especially since I feel like it may never have happened had they waited much longer), but once the new movies and Rebels came around, tie-in Waves were easy to predict at least in a general sense.

Second Edition needs to catch up on all of that, while introducing new factions and still add new ships. From what we have so far, though, the way they're going to handle that isn't obvious. We can't expect one ship per faction because the Rebels are already skipping two whole Waves. We can't expect them to follow the progression from iconic movie ships to more obscure ships like First Edition did, because they already skipped right past some of the major Empire ships and right to the Striker. We can't expect smaller factions to get priority with new ships, because one faction is launching with a single ship and then skipping the next Wave. That's all I mean.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still love to hear predictions. I just feel we don't have much to go on.

Edited by Jokubas

4 minutes ago, Jokubas said:

I don't really have a problem with Scum having so many ships. In actuality, the last two ships I really want in the game are more or less Scum ships, so it's actually good for me that FFG doesn't seem to have a problem with it. However, it contributes to the idea that Wave IV is hard to predict even in makeup, let alone specifics. First Edition X-Wing pretty much ran through the movie ships first, starting with some of the most iconic, then dipped into the Expanded Universe. The order in which they did things once pulling from the Expanded Universe was fairly unpredictable (I'm surprised but extremely happy that the TIE Phantom got in so early, especially since I feel like it may never have happened had they waited much longer), but once the new movies and Rebels came around, tie-in Waves were easy to predict at least in a general sense.

Second Edition needs to catch up on all of that, while introducing new factions and still add new ships. From what we have so far, though, the way they're going to handle that isn't obvious. We can't expect one ship per faction because the Rebels are already skipping two whole Waves. We can't expect them to follow the progression from iconic movie ships to more obscure ships like First Edition did, because they already skipped right past some of the major Empire ships and right to the Striker. We can't expect smaller factions to get priority with new ships, because one faction is launching with a single ship and then skipping the next Wave. That's all I mean.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still love to hear predictions. I just feel we don't have much to go on.

If Scum gets a "re-release" in wave 4 it'll probably be of a ship that they never had a single ship expansion for. Right now all that remains of those are the HWK-290 and the Y-Wing. The other 2 (Firespray and Z-95) have been released or are announced. After those two finally get their solo releases I bet Scum will enter the "normal" rotation again. (Though we did get shafted wave 12,13 and 14 with no ships in 1.0) Also, all the ships that have been currently re-released or are announced are Canon, which doesn't bode well for most of the Mandal Motors ships.

Actually, didn't a TIE/sf card show up somewhere recently? Do we know what that's from, or is that a good guess for Wave IV?

Good point about the single ship expansion thing. I still don't feel confident about anything, but it probably is a good guess to predict another one of those for Wave IV.

Whether or not something is canon is still an interesting topic for Second Edition that I hadn't thought about. On the one hand, thanks to the Conversion Kits and general game balance, it would be weird to not get back to the Legends ships at some point. On the other, different formats make it possible that they may want to drop support for Legends ships eventually. That would heavily affect any predictions.

For instance, while the HWK-290 is technically canon again, I feel like it would still make the Y-Wing a much more likely re-release for Scum.

Edited by Jokubas

My two cents here is that, for factions outside of Scum, they might follow a release schedule that generally follows the movies, with a random here or there. Why do I think that? Rebels and Empire have access to ships only from Rogue One and A New Hope (hence the Striker). Resistance is getting the only two snub fighters they have atm (Res Falcon would have been conflicting being back to back with Lando and giving the Bomber would have been excesive) and the FO got their TIE/fo (very surprised they didn't get their SF). With that in mind, here are my predictions, assuming each faction gets a release.

Rebels: OT Falcon or A-Wing. It's been enough time between waves for another falcon to drop, unless Resistance get's theirs.

Empire: TIE Bomber, TIE Brute, or Lambda Class Shuttle. The bomber was in EP 5, the Lambda in Rogue One, and the Brute can replace the SF for the Empire. Lambda is least likely since the Reaper provides support.

Resistance: Rey's Falcon, if the Rebels don't get it. I find it unlikely the Bomber will come out this wave, but next instead.

First Order: TIE Silencer or TIE/sf. Next wave would be the Upsilon, the First Order needs more snub fighter in my opinion.

Republic: BTL-B Y-Wing or one of their shuttles. The BTL-B featured heavily early on in the show and the Republic could use some support.

Separatists: Hyena Bomber or Sheathipede. Either of these to fill a role they don't have atm.

Scum: I don't know, they have so many ships at this moment. Maybe this time they skip. Otherwise, Khiraxz or Lancer would be what I want.

I would assume that the conversion kits and the squadron packs/theme packs fill the same spot in a release schedule. I also figure that rerelease of 1.0 ships is fairly easy since the design work is done already. But theme packs aren't a given, especially with all the stuff to rerelease.

my guess is that the prequel factions will get the V-19 torrent and belbullab-22 expansions since those did not appear in wave 3.

I suspect the focus will be on the GCW. Y-wing, TIE Interceptor, TIE bomber. Maybe the falcon.

Sequel trilogy will get the TIE/SF.

That would be 6 to 7 expansions right there, and would put a good dent in the rereleases. And you would still have room for a pair of large box ships. Like the lambda, resistance bomber, etc. Or 2.0 version of the heroes of the resistance pack.

It'll introduce the final two factions:

Sith Empire
and
The Old Republic

This will capture stuff from Kotor, KotorII, Darth Bane, etc. - a catch all for "really old stuff"

Then, X-Wing will have all the same factions that the WotC Star Wars Minis Battle game had ... minus the Vong... but like, gotta draw the line somewhere.

Edited by AllWingsStandyingBy

5 minutes ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

It'll introduce the final two factions:

Sith Empire
and
The Old Republic

This will capture stuff from Kotor, KotorII, Darth Bane, etc. - a catch all for "really old stuff"

Then, X-Wing will have all the same factions that the WotC Star Wars Minis Battle game had ... minus the Vong... but like, gotta draw the line somewhere.

And I don't think this happen because while it ain't the Vong, it's still EU.

I imagine FFG got permission to re-release any existing EU ships they had, but I'm going to guess they were told "no more".