Sign in to follow this  
Derrault

First deck composition

So, in addition to the starter set, I got 2 deck packs: 4/4 have both Mars and Sanctum; 2 had untamed, 1 Logos, 1 Dis.

Worth noting, despite that, there’s very little overlap for either the Mars or Sanctum houses, and virtually none for the Untamed (Witch of the Eye x1 in both, and there’s a single sniffle Ape in one; the other having the queen and two apes)

How’s everyone else’s variance?

I own only one deck but i can report from the receiving end:

I played against an untamed, Logos, dis Deck and afterward against an untamed, Logos,Shadow Deck. There wasnt much overlap and they played totally different against my Deck

I have three decks right now, two of which have Shadows and both Shadow decks have the same rare card (Imperial Traitor), Bait and Switch, Poison Wave, Urchin and Nerve Blast. They look a lot alike, but the decks as a whole are totally different.

I just posted about this in another thread so I won't rehash the whole thing, but between my pre-release deck and my core set I got two decks with Sanctum, Brobnar and Dis.

I initially thought this was the one thing I wouldn't want to see happen, but I'm amazed at how different the two decks are and how differently they play. Even with (some) card overlap there are two distinct strategies in them. 

I think I love the game for that.

If I get end up getting more and get another Sanct Brob Dis deck, we will see if that still holds true.

3 hours ago, Palpster said:

Don’t think I’ve seen that many duplicates in a deck before. Looks interesting indeed

It's definitely consistent. I usually focus on aember generation with Mars; stealing, and protection with Shadows; and general disruption with Dis. But each faction has enough overlap in each of those areas to lend a hand. It struggles a bit against Sanctum but that's what Gateway is for.

I got a Mars deck on my third box, but it had only 2 creatures and they were both based on creature synergy. The rest of the deck is really tight, but that ruins the mars aspect of the deck. 

3 hours ago, Imperial Citizen said:

Just played this one for the first time last night. Had fun with triple Grabber Jammer. 

E34E934E-21FF-4EB3-B303-204B15EF7E13.jpeg

I have a deck with 3 Grabber Jammer as well, quite fun when all three are out on the board at the same time.  Add in Squawker, "John Smyth", and Ulyq Magamouth and I am hitting the 6 time limit per round.

1 hour ago, gwaynebarber said:

I have a deck with 3 Grabber Jammer as well, quite fun when all three are out on the board at the same time.  Add in Squawker, "John Smyth", and Ulyq Magamouth and I am hitting the 6 time limit per round.

That sounds amazing and terrible at the same time. Amazing for you and terrible for your opponent. 

I can't recall if it was my first deck or not (I have 7 now), but one stands out as really terrible.

It's very low on creatures with many cards depending on creatures and with no board wipe. I went the last 2/3 of of a recent game with no creatures on the board compared to 6+ opponent's creatures that I couldn't really affect in any meaningful way. It's loaded with Brobnar actions and artifacts for fighting with only 2 Brobnar creatures (and was light on the Shadows and Untamed creatures as well).

I have no desire to play that weak janky mess again. The other 6 decks are pretty fun though, so I'm happy overall.