Sign in to follow this  
bgrelle

No Glory Tournament list

Our next tournament at my FLGS will be a No Glory theme where none of the pilots can be unique so I put the below together because I think it will be fun more than I think I can win with it but what does everyone else think?

TIE/in Interceptor - Saber Squadron Ace - 46
    Saber Squadron Ace - (40)
        Outmaneuver (6)

TIE/in Interceptor - Saber Squadron Ace - 46
    Saber Squadron Ace - (40)
        Outmaneuver (6)

TIE/ph Phantom - Sigma Squadron Ace - 61
    Sigma Squadron Ace - (46)
        Juke (4)
        Collision Detector (5)
        Stealth Device (6)

TIE/sa Bomber - Scimitar Squadron Pilot - 42
    Scimitar Squadron Pilot - (28)
        Barrage Rockets (6)
        Proximity Mines (6)
        Skilled Bombardier (2)

Total: 195/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Edited by bgrelle
Added list after accidentally posting prior to adding list

The Sabers and the Sigma are nice, but I'm not sure on the Scimitar.  That feels like a lot of points for 2 green dice and no shields.

Personally, I kind of want to try to get 2x Saber and 2x Sigma.  Dropping Stealth Device for just Juke/ColDet, they'd be 55 points each, which would leave 45 for the Sabers.  Crack Shot would be a lot cheaper, and open up a pretty decent 8 point bid, at 192 total.

//

This isn't a suggestion to change your plans, but here's what I had on my listbuilder for a thought on a No Glory list, and it's something I'd consider.

• Sigma Squadron Ace (Juke, Collision Detector) 55
  • Onyx Squadron Ace (Juke, Fire Control System) 85
  • Total 195, bid 5

In that format I would go with as many I4 Sabers as you can get...

(40) Saber Squadron Ace
(2) Predator
Points 42

(40) Saber Squadron Ace
(2) Predator
Points 42

(40) Saber Squadron Ace
(1) Marksmanship
Points 41

(40) Saber Squadron Ace
(1) Marksmanship
Points 41

(34) Alpha Squadron Pilot
Points 34

Total points: 200

I was running two Sigma Phantoms with a Defender.

Both had juke and it was more than enough to make them good additions to the list. You could happily shave the other upgrades off for points elsewhere.

17 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

The Sabers and the Sigma are nice, but I'm not sure on the Scimitar.  That feels like a lot of points for 2 green dice and no shields.

Personally, I kind of want to try to get 2x Saber and 2x Sigma.  Dropping Stealth Device for just Juke/ColDet, they'd be 55 points each, which would leave 45 for the Sabers.  Crack Shot would be a lot cheaper, and open up a pretty decent 8 point bid, at 192 total.

//

This isn't a suggestion to change your plans, but here's what I had on my listbuilder for a thought on a No Glory list, and it's something I'd consider.

• Onyx Squadron Ace (Juke, Fire Control System) 85
  • Total 195, bid 5

I would have liked to have a second Sigma, unfortunately I only have the one model, though I could probably borrow one for the tournament.  The Scimitar was really more of a distraction / bait filler but yea that probably is too many points for that roll.

15 hours ago, Pewpewpew BOOM said:

In that format I would go with as many I4 Sabers as you can get...

(40) Saber Squadron Ace
(2) Predator
Points 42

(40) Saber Squadron Ace
(2) Predator
Points 42

(40) Saber Squadron Ace
(1) Marksmanship
Points 41

(40) Saber Squadron Ace
(1) Marksmanship
Points 41

(34) Alpha Squadron Pilot
Points 34

Total points: 200

I actually started the build with four Sabers but then remembered that I only have stuff for two.  :(  Although once again, I might be able to borrow stuff, it would just make test flying harder.  Thanks everyone for the ideas, I get my first test flying tonight.

Bgrelle, this wasnt the No Glory in San Antonio this weekend was it?

If not, I ran across a similar list.  2 inteceptorz/2 phantoms.  Each ship was 50 points.  I think the interceptors had predator, and phantoms had juke.  All pilot skill 4.  I just dont know the actual build.

No, we play on Dec. 1 in Waco.  My practice games on Thursday were with two sabers with predator and two Sigmas with juke and collision detector at 194 points.  I have been flying rebels only for more than a year now so I am out of practice with my first love ships that make up this list.  However I was able to fly fairly well in both games and even pushed the best player in our group to a close match even after blanking out on defence on both of the squints in the first round of engagement.  Fun night, I will be playing this list some more to knock some more of the dust off of my arc dodger flying.