Jman444

CIS Heavy / Support Options- thoughts?

On 11/14/2018 at 10:15 AM, crx3800 said:

I'm expecting to see destroyers as support and possibly STAPs in that same slot. 

I expect the heavy battle droids to be just another troop type While the commando droids and droids such as Grevious' bodyguards would be special forces. I don't really know enough beyond the movies to expect what the other unit choices might be. There will be plenty of vehicle options, that's for sure. 

Perhaps the AAT hover tank will still make an appearance. 

Heavy Battle Droids seem suitable as a heavy option for the droid corps (in Battlefront there’s a rocket version and a blaster version) 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Geonosians as the other corps or possibly a special forces unit.

Magnaguard seem obviously special forces, being a droid version of the imperial guard.

Droidekas are either Support or Heavies, I’d expect 2 per unit ala the first encounter in the Phantom Menace. Probably serve a cavalry role, speed 1 deployed, speed 3 while rolling. Deployed has shields, while rolling is unprotected.

2 hours ago, Derrault said:

Heavy Battle Droids seem suitable as a heavy option for the droid corps (in Battlefront there’s a rocket version and a blaster version) 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Geonosians as the other corps or possibly a special forces unit.

Magnaguard seem obviously special forces, being a droid version of the imperial guard.

Droidekas are either Support or Heavies, I’d expect 2 per unit ala the first encounter in the Phantom Menace. Probably serve a cavalry role, speed 1 deployed, speed 3 while rolling. Deployed has shields, while rolling is unprotected.

I would like to see the B2 battle droid as its own unit.  I would actually prefer it if the B1 didn't get a heavy option and instead got multiple extra trooper units.

I would tend to think that the Droidekas will be support and with the recently spoiled "reconfigure" keyword it should be easy to show them having both modes.

14 minutes ago, jcmonson said:

I would like to see the B2 battle droid as its own unit.  I would actually prefer it if the B1 didn't get a heavy option and instead got multiple extra trooper units.

I would tend to think that the Droidekas will be support and with the recently spoiled "reconfigure" keyword it should be easy to show them having both modes.

What spoiled where??

For the generic commanders i would say that it doesn't need to be droids.
During the clone wars tv show you saw countless times alien commanders (like the spider guy and shark guy).
I'd rather see that than another droid commander

Definitely the MTT and Juggernaut!

More seriously: Wouldn't the AT-AP be a good option? It's larger than the AT-ST but might still fit.

@jcmonson I too would like to see the B1 without heavy weapons but options for just more guys (thinking about 7 in a package, which can all be fielded at once). The B2 as alternate corps could get a B2-HA as heavy weapon upgrade.

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:50 AM, player3737188 said:

For the generic commanders i would say that it doesn't need to be droids.
During the clone wars tv show you saw countless times alien commanders (like the spider guy and shark guy).
I'd rather see that than another droid commander

true but the droids only have 1 commander, Kalani, as Grievous is really some sort of hybrid.  The droids also have the Tactical droid which could easily be the generic commander.