Jump to content
BrobaFett

Sold Out: Armada Worlds 2019, March 28 at Adepticon

Recommended Posts

Well Armada brosefs and brosefinas, it has been confirmed!

Check out the official info link to purchase tickets:

http://www.cvent.com/events/adepticon-2019/agenda-7822dab492fa4ed0bde10d960366d97c.aspx

For those too lazy to link, copy paste of event details below.

Worlds Day 1:

Star Wars: Armada World Championship (Day 1)

Day: Thursday | Start Time: 9:00 AM | End Time: 9:00 PM | Category: Star Wars: Armada | Event Type: Tournament | Age Requirements: Mature (16+) | Experience Required: Some | Total Capacity: 100 | Remaining Capacity: 100 | Cost: 30.00

Hide Description

Four 135-minute swiss rounds. Top 40 players advance to Day 2.

2-Day Event: 2-Day Events consist of two linked event sessions spread out over two days. Participation is mandatory for both days. When registering for 2-Day Events, you only need to purchase the first event session (often labeled Day 1). The second session is automatically included. The system will not warn you of overlapping event during the second day, so keep that in mind when purchasing additional event tickets.

 

Worlds Day 2:

Star Wars: Armada World Championship (Day 2)

Day: Friday | Start Time: 10:00 AM | End Time: 6:00 PM | Category: Star Wars: Armada | Event Type: Tournament | Age Requirements: Mature (16+) | Experience Required: Some | Total Capacity: 40 | Remaining Capacity: 40 | Cost: 0

Hide Description

This is a continuation of Thursday's Star Wars: Armada World Championship and is shown for scheduling purposes only.

Four 135-minute swiss rounds. Break before finals. 180-minute final.

2-Day Event: 2-Day Events consist of two linked event sessions spread out over two days. Participation is mandatory for both days. When registering for 2-Day Events, you only need to purchase the first event session (often labeled Day 1). The second session is automatically included. The system will not warn you of overlapping event during the second day, so keep that in mind when purchasing additional event tickets.

 

Team Tournament Sunday:

Star Wars: Armada Team Game

Day: Sunday | Start Time: 10:00 AM | End Time: 2:00 PM | Category: Star Wars: Armada | Event Type: Tournament | Age Requirements: Mature (16+) | Experience Required: Some | Total Capacity: 40 | Remaining Capacity: 40 | Cost: 20.00

Hide Description

One 180-minute round.

Team Event: This Team Event requires two players to form a single team. Only the Team Captain is required to purchase this event ticket. The team registration fee covers all players on a team. All team members are required to purchase an AdeptiCon Badge.
Edited by BrobaFett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

There has to be some error here.

Day 2: You can't complete 4 rounds of Swiss +  Finals in the allotted time.

Day 1, however, has 12 hours set aside for 4 Swiss games.

Also, why a 180 minute final?

Can't speak to either of the normal days, but finals have been 180 mins for at least the last two, I don't know about the first one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, GiledPallaeon said:

Can't speak to either of the normal days, but finals have been 180 mins for at least the last two, I don't know about the first one.

Ok, but those 5 games on day 2 are 12 hours, without breaks. But only 8 hours set aside...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Truthiness, @BiggsIRL... Am I spotting a 4x4 format?!!!  It would be great if the SSD drops in Jan/Feb... a shaked up meta for a truly awesome Worlds Event?  In Chicago too (which is pretty central for the continental US) and a decent-sized city for our international folks to visit?  

Only issue is that it's gonna be freaking cold!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IceQube MkII said:

@Truthiness, @BiggsIRL... Am I spotting a 4x4 format?!!!  It would be great if the SSD drops in Jan/Feb... a shaked up meta for a truly awesome Worlds Event?  In Chicago too (which is pretty central for the continental US) and a decent-sized city for our international folks to visit?  

Only issue is that it's gonna be freaking cold!

 

In March? Nah, it'll be cool but you can likely get away with a hoodie and some decent pants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terrible decision if this is true.  I personally will not be traveling to Chicago in March as they risk of spring blizzards is still a realistic possibility and I would most likely need to drive the ten hours to get there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Snipafist said:

https://weatherspark.com/y/13486/Average-Weather-in-Schaumburg-Illinois-United-States-Year-Round

Snow still can happen in late March, but it's really rare for it to be a blizzard. January and February are much more the months for that kind of thing.

You guys are spoiled rotten...March is a month characterized by snowy weather ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Snipafist said:

https://weatherspark.com/y/13486/Average-Weather-in-Schaumburg-Illinois-United-States-Year-Round

Snow still can happen in late March, but it's really rare for it to be a blizzard. January and February are much more the months for that kind of thing.

Yep, remind me of that again when I am still shoveling snow at the end of April. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So does this basically confirm that FFG is done hosting the big events for Armada?  I was surprised when they capped the attendance at US Nationals so small this past year, and coupled now with them moving Worlds to Adepticon and away from the FFG Event Center "Star Wars World Championships" it looks like they either lack the interest or the means to support Armada at their official hosted events alongside X-Wing, Legion, and Destiny.

Yay for Armada being at Adepticon... but ... uh-oh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

So does this basically confirm that FFG is done hosting the big events for Armada?  I was surprised when they capped the attendance at US Nationals so small this past year, and coupled now with them moving Worlds to Adepticon and away from the FFG Event Center "Star Wars World Championships" it looks like they either lack the interest or the means to support Armada at their official hosted events alongside X-Wing, Legion, and Destiny.

Yay for Armada being at Adepticon... but ... uh-oh?

Legion and IA are also at Adepticon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, svelok said:

Legion and IA are also at Adepticon.


Weird... so what's going on with FFG's World Championship events (Star Wars in May, Non-Star Wars in November)?  Are they going to now only host X-Wing and Destiny at the Star Wars World Championships, or are they moving away entirely from playing host for the World Championships?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SkyCake said:

I have to imagine adepticon will be a better host than the Radisson convention room. Also, having a big tourney in the middle of a gaming convention should spur a lot of interest and sales for Armada...

I agree with this but I will admit my initial reaction was right with you here Allwings.

1 hour ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:


Weird... so what's going on with FFG's World Championship events (Star Wars in May, Non-Star Wars in November)?  Are they going to now only host X-Wing and Destiny at the Star Wars World Championships, or are they moving away entirely from playing host for the World Championships?

 

I don't know what this means for "star wars worlds" and "non-star wars worlds". Essentially IA and Destiny at the game center in May seems pretty underwhelming with Armada, Legion, and Xwing all offsite at a different time. But I think all in all it's a good thing - more exposure, more interest, competiting on the ground with mini gamers hopefully putting the best foot forward and showing the world how great Armada is can only be a good thing. Yes the reduction in players is a bit of a drag, but in the long run I think less player but having those player be LOCKED into Armada with no option to change will overall make for a better tournament overall. No more first round byes cause 20 people dropped without notice, or even worse, played 1 round for tickets and then dropped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I think of this, the more I continue to be torn.

On one hand, you have to buy into a convention, which means convention pricing for hotels nearby, a fee for the convention itself, and FFG NOT ANNOUNCING IT SO WE HAVE TO DISCOVER IT OURSELVES.

On the other hand, maybe this means Armada gets treated like a legitimate game, and not "we are gonna shove you into the hotel ballroom with... uh... Destiny Side Games I guess?".

Jimmy!  Get on the forums and tell us everything will be okay!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...